• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things getting interesting in the AFC West

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ignore the fact that 5 of our 6 best players on defense were out during this game. Those players would have done exactly the same as all of our back ups.

Oh, so we have the age old injuries excuse. So let's say we give that to you then.

Your backups must suck so you lack depth on your defense. So your defense still sucks. You allowed another team to put 48 points on the board. There is no excuse for that. Other teams that have played against Dallas have not given up so many points.

According to CBS your defense is ranked # 28 in the league. Surely all of that didn't come from this one game.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so we have the age old injuries excuse. So let's say we give that to you then.

Your backups must suck so you lack depth on your defense. So your defense still sucks. You allowed another team to put 48 points on the board. There is no excuse for that. Other teams that have played against Dallas have not given up so many points.

Not to worry, the chiefs cannot score as much as the broncos, even when the defense is bad. Just to hammer this point home, the cowboys have a lot more offensive firepower than the chiefs and they lost.

According to CBS your defense is ranked # 28 in the league. Surely all of that didn't come from this one game.

Yep, we tend to go to a soft defense after getting up 20 on the opponent. You should really watch a game instead of read the box score.

To be honest, I am looking forward to these games. One of the best defenses versus one of the best offenses. I predict a split series.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let us look at this in the sense of the Chiefs players...This would mean losing Brandon Flowers, Sean Smith, Derrick Johnson, Justin Houston, and Tamba Hali. Hmmm wonder how good the Chiefs would be without all those guys.

Like what was said in the post above the Broncos switch to a prevent defense for most of the 4th quarter and give up junk points. Just look at these...Against Baltimore Broncos are up 42-17 before stepping off the gas and give up 10 garbage time points, They gave up 7 to the Giants, another 14 to Oakland, and another 7 to Philly. All of those points came after the Broncos were up by 20 or more points and went prevent the rest of the game. So that right there is 38 points just in garbage time. Not saying some of those wouldn't have been scored in a close game but the defense took care of business before those points then just let them walk into the end zone in the 4th quarter some. Again you lose all of those players and the defense is going to take a major hit. Yes our back ups did not look good but considering before all those starters went down the Broncos were doing just fine for the first 4 games I would error on the side that they play more like a team that gives up 20-25 points a game instead of the 48 a game.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we can't count out the Chargers just yet. Let's say they win next week in Oakland (probable) and both the Chiefs and Broncos drop their games (possible, not necessarily probable). Then we've got the 3-2 Charger one game behind the 4-1 Broncos and Chiefs. They also have a home game against the Colts and a road contest with the Jags. I see them no worse than 4-3 going into their week 8 bye.

At this point I am ready to count out the Raiders, though
. And should they lose next week they will be 1-4 and 0-2 in their ever-important divisional games.

That's alright by me, you do that. I hope we have something to play for come last game of the season, and yes things are looking interesting in the AFC West for a change.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry, the chiefs cannot score as much as the broncos, even when the defense is bad. Just to hammer this point home, the cowboys have a lot more offensive firepower than the chiefs and they lost.

Yeah, well the Chiefs have a lot more defensive power than all of their opponents. So we shall just see about that when the time comes. If the Chiefs can stall your offense you shall lose.

Yep, we tend to go to a soft defense after getting up 20 on the opponent. You should really watch a game instead of read the box score.

I did watch most of the game, listened to the rest of it on the radio, shaking my head at the total lack of D in the game. In my opinion that game was a fiasco. It is really just good luck that Romo threw that interception and gave the Broncos that game on a silver platter.

The Falcons stop playing defense in the second and third quarters. Look at their record. If Denver didn't have Peyton Manning they would be 1-4 or 0-5 right now.

To be honest, I am looking forward to these games. One of the best defenses versus one of the best offenses. I predict a split series.

I am looking forward to it, too. It should boil down to whether or not KC can control the clock against your lousy D or not, keeping Manning off the field. We shall see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well the Chiefs have a lot more defensive power than all of their opponents. So we shall just see about that when the time comes. If the Chiefs can stall your offense you shall lose.

I did watch most of the game, listened to the rest of it on the radio, shaking my head at the total lack of D in the game. In my opinion that game was a fiasco. It is really just good luck that Romo threw that interception and gave the Broncos that game on a silver platter.

The Falcons stop playing defense in the second and third quarters. Look at their record. If Denver didn't have Peyton Manning they would be 1-4 or 0-5 right now.

I am looking forward to it, too. It should boil down to whether or not KC can control the clock against your lousy D or not, keeping Manning off the field. We shall see.

Our Lousy D is still best in the NFL against the run not only in yards per game but top 5 in yards per carry so good luck on that controlling the clock thing. Again if you only look at stats they can be deceiving. The defense was horrible yesterday no getting around that. Before yesterday's game though they had done just fine other than giving up a ton of passing yards. Scores of games were still in the 20-27 point range and most of the passing yards came in the 4th quarter. When a team is winning by 20 or more points in a game they usually start relaxing some on defense to make sure not to give up the big play and let the other team back in the game. This means they give up the underneath easy passes and the opposing team can drive down the field dinking and dunking but it also means the clock is being used up. Again judge this defense when they actually have their starters on the field. One more week and Champ and Von should be back with most likely the others I listed as well back from their injuries.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's alright by me, you do that. I hope we have something to play for come last game of the season, and yes things are looking interesting in the AFC West for a change.

The Raiders could be 4-1 right now just because of Pryor.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders could be 4-1 right now just because of Pryor.

i've maintained this season the Raiders aren't NEARLY as bad as everyone seems to think they are. but hey, folks are going to think what they want to...

i expect they'll give us a fight this weekend. Chiefs/Raiders games a RARELY a blowout...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, the Cowboys just showed the rest of the NFL Denver's defensive weaknesses. But you do have Peyton Manning so it is possible that Denver can just outscore all of their opponents. We shall see.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just need them to beat the Raiders this week. I have lost an avy bet with a buddy of mine for three years running. Shit gets old......

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irrelevant. You want to know why? Because Denver does have Peyton Manning.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is that? So you can delay the inevitable (you know, disappointment over another season out of the playoffs) until the last week of the season?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, well the broncos have a lot more offensive power than all of the chiefs opponents. So we shall just see about that when the time comes. If the Broncos can run over your defense, you shall lose.

I did watch most of the game, listened to the rest of it on the radio,

GameS, not game. Sure if you only watched only the cowboys game the defense sucks.

The broncos defense is great against the run, so good luck at running on them. The broncos defense is questionable against the pass but Alex Smith is a game manager. He is not tearing up anyone with his skills. So that leaves the broncos offense and the chiefs defense. I can't wait to see that.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well the broncos have a lot more offensive power than all of the chiefs opponents. So we shall just see about that when the time comes. If the Broncos can run over your defense, you shall lose.

GameS, not game. Sure if you only watched only the cowboys game the defense sucks.

The broncos defense is great against the run, so good luck at running on them. The broncos defense is questionable against the pass but Alex Smith is a game manager. He is not tearing up anyone with his skills. So that leaves the broncos offense and the chiefs defense. I can't wait to see that.

not trying to start any more trash talk here, but you're leaving out the Chiefs special teams, and they've been pretty damn good this year, too...

just putting that out there...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to start any more trash talk here, but you're leaving out the Chiefs special teams, and they've been pretty damn good this year, too...

just putting that out there...

First off, what is the point of our respective teams being 5-0, one being the best defense the other being the best offense if we are not going to engage in a little trash talk? Let 'er rip!

And if you want to talk special teams, a word of advice. Don't kick to Trindon Holliday.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, what is the point of our respective teams being 5-0, one being the best defense the other being the best offense if we are not going to engage in a little trash talk? Let 'er rip!

And if you want to talk special teams, a word of advice. Don't kick to Trindon Holliday.

lol, i TRY to be civil and you're KILLING me here, man...:laugh3:

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better upgrades for the chiefs but some things on here are a bit off. Time of possession does not mean much if u are scoring touchdowns in 3 minutes... just look at Oregon... they always lose t.o.p. game in and game out.. I saw another thing about Denver's o line... I dont remember Manning getting sacked much this year... do u ? Honestly? And Denver puts up 60 to 65 a game in MOST games if they dont slam kn the brakes every 4th quarter besides Dallas... so I will give u the Chiefs have a good D but u really think Alex Smith is going to out do Manning. C'mon man ! Both teams special teams are good so that is even... miller is back next week and champ tomorrow or hell next week at latest... S. Phillips already has 6 sacks so what is the chiefs answer to him when they have to double up on Miller.. Score some points week in and week out and we can talk but I don't see it as of yet

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on reaching 6-0. Next week you guys get the Texans at home, and the Broncos get the Colts in Indy. We've definitely got the tougher row to hoe next week, but I'm confident both teams will reach 7-0.

Go Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the plot thickens! Chiefs 7-0, Broncos 6-1, and Chargers 4-3. Eventually someone is going to win this division and they will have earned it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the plot thickens! Chiefs 7-0, Broncos 6-1, and Chargers 4-3. Eventually someone is going to win this division and they will have earned it.

Yeah, tough loss by the Donks last night, but I don't think either team expected to go undefeated throughout the season or anything. Still, it is starting to get very interesting. Lol stay tuned...