• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These Tallahassee Cops Need to Be Fired

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, probably not. The cop didn't seem very interested in doing much.

That's another really sad part, because he probably shouldn't have known players were involved at that time. The cop shouldn't be investigating crimes, at the most he should be a traffic cop.

Winston wasn't even a name at that time as he hadn't played a down for FSU.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have pretty much felt that Winston was being targeted and bought into the FSU story but I have to tell you the part about a video of the alleged attack going missing really bothers me.

That seems like such a key piece of evidence and if a video really did exist my thought is it would either collaborate Winston's story or sink him. This a huge red flag that something is very wrong here.

The only thing that is stopping me from flipping is that the article was written by the New York Times and they have written 3 stories on Auburn that were so slanted and full of misinformation that it was an embarrassment to journalism. I put some of these NYT pieces in the same category as TMZ.

This is more than likely why the feds are involved so let them conduct an investigation and I imagine we will know much more when they are done.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw that level of detail.

Gee, I wonder why there wasn't enough evidence to go to trial. :noidea:

If you did not see it that was not because it was not out there. I posted links to Wctv which gave all of this. Again no big deal.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you did not see it that was not because it was not out there. I posted links to Wctv which gave all of this. Again no big deal.

I missed it.

The whole thing is shameful.

Its just sad to think the university is glorifying a possible rapist.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you knew about the video going missing and think that is no big deal?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never read this beore either....

"As she gave her account to the police, several bruises began to appear, indicating recent trauma."

Wouldn't that constitute evidence of r*pe ?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another really sad part, because he probably shouldn't have known players were involved at that time. The cop shouldn't be investigating crimes, at the most he should be a traffic cop.

Winston wasn't even a name at that time as he hadn't played a down for FSU.

Yep, an I'm not unsympathetic to young men getting trapped by girls lying or misremembering what happened in drunken stupor, but this seemed pretty clear cut that there was something to go on here. And he had a chance to get evidence, but chose not to in most circumstances.

And really he does a disservice to everyone, because you have two sides lined up with incomplete evidence. One side will assume she's lying the other side assume Winston in a rapist and the time has passes to figure out which was true. It's really a bad situation.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, an I'm not unsympathetic to young men getting trapped by girls lying or misremembering what happened in drunken stupor, but this seemed pretty clear cut that there was something to go on here. And he had a chance to get evidence, but chose not to in most circumstances.

And really he does a disservice to everyone, because you have two sides lined up with incomplete evidence. One side will assume she's lying the other side assume Winston in a rapist and the time has passes to figure out which was true. It's really a bad situation.

That's why these things usually go to court. Unfortunately this one didn't.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you knew about the video going missing and think that is no big deal?

You did what Charlie did earlier. The no big deal part was The Authority not seeing this info that was there in the fall.

Also there was no mention of the recording until Casher gave his affidavit. That was this past fall. Not in Jan of 13. Read her reports because none of them mention a phone recording. Only that two guys came into the room and in her account told the person to stop. So how could that have come up?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Every School glorifies their star players. What rock do you live under?

Agreed, to say they don't glorify him is just ridiculous. I don't blame them either, nothing has been proven either way, and probably never will. I don't support public opinion lynch mobs, except in this case against the incompetent police.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, to say they don't glorify him is just ridiculous. I don't blame them either, nothing has been proven either way, and probably never will. I don't support public opinion lynch mobs, except in this case against the incompetent police.

The incompetence of the police department has left giant holes in this case to the point that Winston's innocence is a giant question mark and always will be.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did what Charlie did earlier. The no big deal part was The Authority not seeing this info that was there in the fall.

Also there was no mention of the recording until Casher gave his affidavit. That was this past fall. Not in Jan of 13. Read her reports because none of them mention a phone recording. Only that two guys came into the room and in her account told the person to stop. So how could that have come up?

It would have come up if the Detective had been doing the job of a Police Officer and questioned everyone. He wasn't and should not be a Detective. I read that Officer Angulo was not available to be interviewed by the NY Times and that he did private security work for FSU Boosters. This is a severe conflict of interest.

She had been drugged, IMO there's no doubt of that, so her memory of that night is very hazy. I wonder if Casher got into any real trouble for admitting that he recorded the event.

AFA as the "no big deal", I suggest the next time you use a longer, more direct sentence, like. "Authority, it's no big deal that you don't remember all the previous threads." It'll help reduce misunderstandings. :suds:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the SCHOOL glorifying him? Not the fans and students, but the school.

Go to the athletics link on FSU's website. Guess whose jersey number comes up?

You don't think the school recognizes him? LOL!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:
It would have come up if the Detective had been doing the job of a Police Officer and questioned everyone. He wasn't and should not be a Detective. I read that Officer Angulo was not available to be interviewed by the NY Times and that he did private security work for FSU Boosters. This is a severe conflict of interest.

She had been drugged, IMO there's no doubt of that, so her memory of that night is very hazy. I wonder if Casher got into any real trouble for admitting that he recorded the event.

AFA as the "no big deal", I suggest the next time you use a longer, more direct sentence, like. "Authority, it's no big deal that you don't remember all the previous threads." It'll help reduce misunderstandings. :suds:

Actually Casher said he deleted the video 2 days after that night. So it would have been gone by the time a detective got to him. That is if they talked to him.

As far as conflict of interest that is not true. Many police and sherrif deputies work FSU games because FSU has a very small police department. Only 36 total. Many schools use local police for security.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to the athletics link on FSU's website. Guess whose jersey number comes up?

You don't think the school recognizes him? LOL!

Now it is recognizing him? Of course they recognize him, but that far from your term of glorifying.

They also recognize A Lot of other players on the Seminole website.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it is recognizing him? Of course they recognize him, but that far from your term of glorifying.

They also recognize A Lot of other players on the Seminole website.[

OSU has a giant poster of Aaron craft on the Schott center. You're telling me if I went to FSU campus they wouldn't have the same thing going on with their heisman trophy winner? Color me unconvinced.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also recognize A Lot of other players on the Seminole website.[

OSU has a giant poster of Aaron craft on the Schott center. You're telling me if I went to FSU campus they wouldn't have the same thing going on with their heisman trophy winner? Color me unconvinced.

There probably is a poster on the new indoor facility recognizing him as the Heisman winner. But that does not fit the definition of glorifying since it is not unjustified or unwarranted. He did win the Heisman after all.