• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These Tallahassee Cops Need to Be Fired

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long read but a good in depth look by the NY Times on the Jameis Winston r*pe allegations.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e-allegations-against-fsu-jamies-winston.html

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his announcement, the prosecutor, William N. Meggs, acknowledged a number of shortcomings in the police investigation. In fact, an examination by The New York Times has found that there was virtually no investigation at all, either by the police or the university.

The police did not follow the obvious leads that would have quickly identified the suspect as well as witnesses, one of whom videotaped part of the sexual encounter. After the accuser identified Mr. Winston as her assailant, the police did not even attempt to interview him for nearly two weeks and never obtained his DNA.

The detective handling the case waited two months to write his first report and then prematurely suspended his inquiry without informing the accuser. By the time the prosecutor got the case, important evidence had disappeared, including the video of the sexual act.

“They just missed all the basic fundamental stuff that you are supposed to do,” Mr. Meggs said in a recent interview. Even so, he cautioned, a better investigation might have yielded the same result.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his announcement, the prosecutor, William N. Meggs, acknowledged a number of shortcomings in the police investigation. In fact, an examination by The New York Times has found that there was virtually no investigation at all, either by the police or the university.

The police did not follow the obvious leads that would have quickly identified the suspect as well as witnesses, one of whom videotaped part of the sexual encounter. After the accuser identified Mr. Winston as her assailant, the police did not even attempt to interview him for nearly two weeks and never obtained his DNA.

The detective handling the case waited two months to write his first report and then prematurely suspended his inquiry without informing the accuser. By the time the prosecutor got the case, important evidence had disappeared, including the video of the sexual act.

“They just missed all the basic fundamental stuff that you are supposed to do,” Mr. Meggs said in a recent interview. Even so, he cautioned, a better investigation might have yielded the same result.

"might have yielded the same result".???????

"Well fuck it. We'll just let this one go. Better luck on the next r*pe allogation. We'll do a better job when its not a football player" :L

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said last fall the TPD has had so many complaints filed against them it is pathetic.

Now I read the article and the last two paragraphs are missing a shit load of info. That case was against Travis Johnson. When the alleged r*pe occurred his arm was in a sling from a reconstructive surgery on his shoulder. The accuser was an FSU female shot putter who was 6ft tall and 240 lbs. Even the medical examiner stated in court that Johnson could not have physically committed the r*pe due to his shoulder. Nice for Mr. Ruiz and the author to not state as much.

With the Winston case who knows what happened.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, most police departments suck. Not surprised one in a college town with a good old boys network isn't keen on doing their job.

I'm actually shocked the cops names were published.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've said all along, Its a shame it never went to trial. Now even more so.

The article did not bring anything up that was not already known last fall. So what makes even more sad exactly?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article did not bring anything up that was not already known last fall. So what makes even more sad exactly?

I wasn't aware of the amount and detail of all of the deficiencies and lack of due diligence by the Police Department.

I knew of some of it but not all of it that was just pointed out in this recent article.

So that is what makes it more sad to me.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware of the amount and detail of all of the deficiencies and lack of due diligence by the Police Department.

I knew of some of it but not all of it that was just pointed out in this recent article.

So that is what makes it more sad to me.

Not sure how you missed any of that. I posted this info last fall. No big deal though.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No big deal though" :L

So, it's a small deal and it doesn't matter? smh

Talk about missing something entirely. the no big deal was for him not knowing things that were posted here last fall. Might want to re-read our posts to get the context.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about missing something entirely. the no big deal was for him not knowing things that were posted here last fall. Might want to re-read our posts to get the context.

Sorry, but given the callousness of the Police Officers during the investigation and their unstated attitude of "no big deal" I think you can understand why I misunderstood.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you missed any of that. I posted this info last fall. No big deal though.

I never saw that level of detail.

Gee, I wonder why there wasn't enough evidence to go to trial. :noidea:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this.
#1 She came in the next morning and reported her incident. A urine test should have been requested. This would have revealed that she had been drugged.
#2 Chris gave her a drink and spiked it, probably with Ketamine. MDA, Ecstasy or MDMA were probably not used as she would have reported hallucinations.
#3 Winston door lock was broken and his 2 buddies(creeps) peeked in?
#4 The cops lost the video Chris took? It's more likely that they destroyed it.

I've actually had an incident when I went to a concert at La Zona Rosa in Austin and after consuming a mixed drink I almost went unconscious. I hadn't had much, maybe 3 drinks and have never had an incident like that before. To this day I believe that my drink was spiked. I was lucky that I had a responsible wingman and recovered quickly.

I look forward to the civil lawsuit she brings against the Police and others. Hopefully, the awareness it brings will make the students more aware and concerned for their fellow partiers.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this.
#1 She came in the next morning and reported her incident. A urine test should have been requested. This would have revealed that she had been drugged.
#2 Chris gave her a drink and spiked it, probably with Ketamine. MDA, Ecstasy or MDMA were probably not used as she would have reported hallucinations.
#3 Winston door lock was broken and his 2 buddies(creeps) peeked in?
#4 The cops lost the video Chris took? It's more likely that they destroyed it.

I've actually had an incident when I went to a concert at La Zona Rosa in Austin and after consuming a mixed drink I almost went unconscious. I hadn't had much, maybe 3 drinks and have never had an incident like that before. To this day I believe that my drink was spiked. I was lucky that I had a responsible wingman and recovered quickly.

I look forward to the civil lawsuit she brings against the Police and others. Hopefully, the awareness it brings will make the students more aware and concerned for their fellow partiers.

Seems like that could be convenient cover too. If you know this is wrong, having buddies 'bust in' the room or video tape part of it is an easy way to put reasonable doubt in the minds of police.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like that could be convenient cover too. If you know this is wrong, having buddies 'bust in' the room or video tape part of it is an easy way to put reasonable doubt in the minds of police.

... and this is where the 'investigation' probably went really bad, Police are supposed to gather evidence, not act like a judge or a jury. Did any cop even go over and look to see if the lock was broken?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and this is where the 'investigation' probably went really bad, Police are supposed to gather evidence, not act like a judge or a jury. Did any cop even go over and look to see if the lock was broken?

Yep, probably not. The cop didn't seem very interested in doing much.