• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I'm wondering is if they have already committed themselves in some way to an approximate timeline. While there was no real indication of any significant jumps, is there anything from stopping them from now suggesting that there were a few jumps even if that wasn't their original intent? For example, a newborn baby in season 1 that still isn't walking in season 3 would have been a self-imposed restriction that they can't really go back on now. The only thing I can think of that might limit what they can do, is perhaps timeline was mentioned once or twice in the dialogue. That's not something I would really pay too much attention to for Fear The Walking Dead so I don't remember anything, but it easily could have happened.
Yea, I gotcha, I seem to remember some dialogue that vaguely placed them on some kind of timeline, but I don’t remember specifically. As far as storyline goes, though, MAYBE a few weeks total at the mansion? Maybe a month or 2 at Otto”s ranch? A couple weeks in the fenced in neighborhood? A week on the boat? A week at the hotel? Throw in a week or so of travel between locals, and we are MAYBE 7 or 8 months in, but I think 6 months feels about right.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about a time jump, I find that more like a shark jump...but consider this: Maybe this influx of talent and possibly a time jump means AMC is close to ending the adventures of Rick and Co. and passing it on to Fear to carry on? Not out of the realm of possibility.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so the show created a major plot hole. Gabriel is apparently dying from an infection he got from wearing the walker guts. So something bad from walker guts infected him but a antibiotics will treat it. But a minor bite from a walker (i.e. Andrea had a flesh wound from a brand new walker who was a health nut in life) is lethal. Ok.

Aside from that it was good but kinda over the top. Eugene had a character arc moment and finished the episode off with alcohol poisoning. He dead. Rick and the junkyard dogs was fun. He used a walker as a weapon and parlayed that into turning the morons onto his side. People will bitch about how stupid it was but at least its entertaining.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't hold my breath but I really hope they kill off Daryl very soon. I don't know why that character is so popular. He hasn't been interesting to me since about Season 3 when he was paired up with Merle. I just find him annoying now.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't hold my breath but I really hope they kill off Daryl very soon. I don't know why that character is so popular. He hasn't been interesting to me since about Season 3 when he was paired up with Merle. I just find him annoying now.

Of course it's far more likely that Gabriel and Dwight are the next one to go. Hopefully Jadis and a bunch of those people too.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's far more likely that Gabriel and Dwight are the next one to go. Hopefully Jadis and a bunch of those people too.

I'm waiting for Jadis to tell Rick: "I never told you where I'm originally from...I talk like this to hide my southern accent...I'm a Grimes from Georgia, and I'm your long lost sister."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to kill either Darryl or Dwight. Dwight was the comics answer to Darryl, and they are very similar characters.

I too am getting tired of Darryl, though. But I don’t really like how they treated Dwight’s face turn (pun intended). It was much better in the books.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so the show created a major plot hole. Gabriel is apparently dying from an infection he got from wearing the walker guts. So something bad from walker guts infected him but a antibiotics will treat it. But a minor bite from a walker (i.e. Andrea had a flesh wound from a brand new walker who was a health nut in life) is lethal. Ok.

Aside from that it was good but kinda over the top. Eugene had a character arc moment and finished the episode off with alcohol poisoning. He dead. Rick and the junkyard dogs was fun. He used a walker as a weapon and parlayed that into turning the morons onto his side. People will bitch about how stupid it was but at least its entertaining.
I absolutely HATE HATE HATE the garbage people. But Jadis’ bargaining at the end did make me literally LOL. And ricks repulsion at her counter offer was funny to.

But like I said last week, no episode with the garbage people can score better than a 5/10.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what will the “big surprise” be?

It has to be a death, right? Michone is now in the MCU, and her storyline has been picked up by Carol. But she has picked up Andrea’s storyline. Darryl is huge for the fan girls, but he isn’t needed with Dwight around. Maybe Dwight eats it? His storyline may be able to be filled by Eugene and Darryl. But would a Dwight death qualify as a “big surprise” at this point?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the extended preview on TTD, I think I know what the “big surprise will be...

The bombing is AFZ. Kinda sucks that they are giving that away in the previews.

So how are they going to drag out the war for another 8 episodes? 1 episode will be the Negan flashback. Ep 9 will be Negan suspecting Dwight of being the mole after the bombing is not as successful as hoped. The finale will be Rick v Negan and the time jump. So what happens in the other 5 episodes?

Gotta say, if that is all the surprise is, though, kinda dull...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The JYDs arc is always fucking weird to me. Stupid to go back, whatever the fuck they're point of having him to round two (or whoever fought that cat in round one) made no sense, but not that he defeated they're gladiator, as was already done, we're ready to come to the table and bargain and now we are on your side? what has changed? Also, I can understand you're in a post apocalyptic world, you are found by this weird as cult like group that likes to practice march routines and talk as if they were all born after the apocalypse trying to understand the language from the elder council in the village, but if a group of other people came, wouldn't you be like, "hey, it's been nice, I think I'll try and teach these people our ways, been a great time here, just want to spread the word of Debris"

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is too emo now, and I don't know what the fuck is going on with his face, but why does he suddenly look like he's having an allergic reaction to a bee sting or something? His face looks fat af lately??

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they had to deal with the question "Why don't people just slime themselves with zombie guts to be safe".

Better late then never.

Yeah still very stupid..

Clearly with an Savior Sanctuary devoid of Walkers the proverbial shyte is about to hit the fan for the finale.

That said. Eugene is an incredible coward who I hope gets zombified by series end.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has to be a death, right? Michone is now in the MCU, and her storyline has been picked up by Carol. But she has picked up Andrea’s storyline. Darryl is huge for the fan girls, but he isn’t needed with Dwight around. Maybe Dwight eats it? His storyline may be able to be filled by Eugene and Darryl. But would a Dwight death qualify as a “big surprise” at this point?

The actor that plays Darryl seems to be wanting to move on.. So that would be the most painless loss.

Dwight is certainly a candidate. I can't see Michone or Carol or Rick or Maggie.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actor that plays Darryl seems to be wanting to move on.. So that would be the most painless loss.
I don't think so, Norman really loves playing Darryl. Darryl really hates the Saviors after they imprisoned him & torturing him by listening to easy street 24/7 and Dwight giving him dog food sandwiches.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darryl comes out of the closet, and makes sweet love to Jesus.

giphy.gif

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Talking Dead. Apparently something crazy is going to happen next week so maybe Daryl will die. Can't see it but you never know.

I feel like Regina or that other no-name guy, or maybe even Simon has to die before Dwight. I just get the feeling that someone other than Eugene is going to be wrongly blamed for being the mole before Dwight is found out.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the Talking Dead. Apparently something crazy is going to happen next week so maybe Daryl will die. Can't see it but you never know.

I feel like Regina or that other no-name guy, or maybe even Simon has to die before Dwight. I just get the feeling that someone other than Eugene is going to be wrongly blamed for being the mole before Dwight is found out.
The only person I would feel comfortable guessing on dying would be Gabriel. If there is a surprise main character, I'll go out on a limb and say Carl dies. Wouldn't be too upset to see Gregory die but thinking they'll drag him out a bit longer.
I think that Dwight will be safe and if anyone kills him, it'd likely be Daryl or maybe his wife comes back to do it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has the more annoying speech pattern, Eugene or the Trashcan People?