• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been trying to figure out how they will make this fit into the timeline, and for the life of me, I just can’t figure it out.

ZA + 2 months: Morgan and Dwayne are still at home, getting a grasp of what is happening. They meet Rick.

ZA + approx 1 year: Morgan is crazy, at home. He has lost Dwayne. He makes a crazy comment about seeing people who wear the faces of dead people.

ZA + approx 1.5 years: Morgan has left home and is tracking Rick. He has already met up with Eastman and is now Zen-Morgan. He has been with the group ever since.

Fear is currently at approx ZA + 6 months and S4 filming is taking place in San Antonio (filming starts today).

So did Dwayne get eaten by his mother almost immediately after Rick left? Then Morgan would have had to immediately make a B-line for Texas to meet up with the Clarks. In a post-ZA world, it would take what 2 or 3 months to get to West Texas from Georgia? And again, 2 or 3 months to get back?

The timing just doesn’t make sense. And Morgan is not just making an appearance. He is joining the cast of Fear.

:noidea:

On Talking Dead, Hardwick quoted Scott Gimple as saying that Morgan's arc in Season 8 positions him for his switch to Fear The Walking Dead. So it looks like Fear The Walking Dead will have a bit of a time jump and we'll continue to see Morgan's story in chronological order.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These fucking garbage people again? Jesus Christ why do they talk like fucking buffoons? Is that how people in minimum wage in Portland Oregon talk or something?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized who the garbage people remind me of...

saturday-night-live-episode-20-pictured-mike-myers-as-dieter-during-picture-id143633055

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio isn't in West Texas it's actually borders central and south texas
Ok, a bit more central than I thought, but it is really only a dif a few hundred miles. It doesn’t change the point of my point.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is interesting...since FTWD is a prequel, who's it gonna be? Nutty Morgan? "Grasshopper" Morgan? Original Morgan?

When is the prequel show of FTWD?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think they are just trying to pump some life into Fear. their Characters suck & everyone likes Morgan. But I also dont know how they are gonna figure in the time line. Unless he just shows up on the show as a crazy person, or they have a massive jump in time to catch up with the Walking dead.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the new one last night. The Trash people always make me laugh. Not bad all in all.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think they are just trying to pump some life into Fear. their Characters suck & everyone likes Morgan. But I also dont know how they are gonna figure in the time line. Unless he just shows up on the show as a crazy person, or they have a massive jump in time to catch up with the Walking dead.
I think a time jump makes the most sense. Morgan is at odds with Jesus right now, so him leaving to find his peace again makes sense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is no question at this point that they will do a time jump on Fear to catch up with TWD. I think that is really stupid, but at least it will finally kill the theory that Fear is really just the back story of the Whisperers.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know whether or not there has already been some mini time jumps on Fear The Walking Dead which would make the jump to accommodate Morgan's arc less dramatic?

Maybe Morgan was on that helicopter that Rick saw and is headed west. If so, we'll likely get an episode that shows us how he got to that point from where we saw him last because it sounds like there is still more Morgan to come in Season 8.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know whether or not there has already been some mini time jumps on Fear The Walking Dead which would make the jump to accommodate Morgan's arc less dramatic?

Maybe Morgan was on that helicopter that Rick saw and is headed west. If so, we'll likely get an episode that shows us how he got to that point from where we saw him last because it sounds like there is still more Morgan to come in Season 8.
I don’t think there has been anything past a week or two here and there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fear I believe is still within a few months of the outbreak I believe (gots to be less than a year)
Walking dead is many years in by now. That would be a huge time jump.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear I believe is still within a few months of the outbreak I believe (gots to be less than a year)
Walking dead is many years in by now. That would be a huge time jump.
Time jumps CAN be written in effectively.

Between S2 and S3, there was about a 3 or 4 month jump. Between S3 and S4, there was about an 8 month jump. There hasn’t been much time passed since the end of S3, though. Maybe the back half of S5 took a couple months (journey from Atlanta to DC)??

That is why I think we are only about 2-2.5 years post ZA.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have a 2 year time jump in Fear, then what's the point of the series?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think there has been anything past a week or two here and there.

I guess what I'm wondering is if they have already committed themselves in some way to an approximate timeline. While there was no real indication of any significant jumps, is there anything from stopping them from now suggesting that there were a few jumps even if that wasn't their original intent? For example, a newborn baby in season 1 that still isn't walking in season 3 would have been a self-imposed restriction that they can't really go back on now. The only thing I can think of that might limit what they can do, is perhaps timeline was mentioned once or twice in the dialogue. That's not something I would really pay too much attention to for Fear The Walking Dead so I don't remember anything, but it easily could have happened.