• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumb Gimple all but stated that Coral will die on TTD.

Maybe that's a diversionary tactic, but it didn't seem as such.

This is a huge turn from the comics.

Hardwick looked like he'd just lost his childhood dog.:lol:

Speculation I saw is the actor is ready to be done with TWD

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt like we were going backwards

If Savior conflict isn't taken care of this season, I think I'm done

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dummy should embrace it....prolly the only decent gig he'll ever have.

apparently not true, Chandler Riggs isn't pleased he's off the show. Thought his arc would follow comic books

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they are either pulling a “Carl hides under the dumpster” or they have decided to completely abandon the comics moving forward.

Horrible episode.

1) so rick, out of nowhere, gets rescued by Carol and Jerry, in a single vehicle. Then, all of the sudden, Jerry and Carol are in different vehicles, but Rick has teleported somewhere else?

I was a bit confused by this as well but after re-watching the early part of the episode it became more clear to me. After they rescued Rick they talked about grabbing a couple of the snipers' vehicles to split up so they could warn the different groups quicker that the Saviors got out. Then right before Jerry crashes, we see a little montage of each of the 3 driving a vehicle. When I first saw this I didn't give it much though and I guess I thought they were still all in the same vehicle but were taking turns driving but they are definitely in 3 different vehicles.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good. I am in so deep I feel like I have to watch now.

It seems like the writing is getting shittier and the repeated montage of close-up face shots is lame.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they are either pulling a “Carl hides under the dumpster” or they have decided to completely abandon the comics moving forward.

Horrible episode.

1) so rick, out of nowhere, gets rescued by Carol and Jerry, in a single vehicle. Then, all of the sudden, Jerry and Carol are in different vehicles, but Rick has teleported somewhere else?

2) holy red-shirts, Batman. I knew when I saw Tiny in the back seat, he was playing the red shirt. I was just a bit peaved, cause I thought THAT was the big surprise.

3) I hate to see pointless sacrifices in dramatic moments. There was no reason for Zeke to sacrifice himself. And he was driving a freaking bus. Why not load everyone up in the bus and get out of dodge?

4) a bit more big picture, but I HATE HATE HATE the way they have dealt with Dwight’s face turn. He was just good one day. It was handled SO MUCH better in the books. And that had some simple scenes that could have worked very well on the show, at next to no cost.

5) I was actually expecting something different to happen at the end, but I saw there was only 10 minutes left, and there was no way there was time for that. I am guessing that was a bit of a fake out to the book readers.

Overall, a pretty crappy episode. A typical REALLY dark episode where it is so hard to see what is actually happening.

Also what about Enid, Aaron and Oceanside? :L

I was actually expecting something interesting to come of that, and I suppose it still could but having Enid shoot grandma so quickly, and calmly made absolutely no sense. If they made it look like she panicked or something then I could have bought it, but she was so nonchalant about it and just shot the woman they were trying to become allies with.

Yes she showed hostility towards Aaron but they were expecting that and Enid was behind the lady. She could have just told her to drop whatever weapon she had and to move away from Aaron and explain that they were just there to talk. What was the point of even going there if she was just going to shoot her? Again, if it was made to look like Enid simply panicked when Aaron was attacked and it was an instinctive reaction then I'd be fine with that. But she was completely cool before, during, and after shooting her. :L

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the show gonna introduce the Whisper's without Carl? This is just dumb on Gimple and the writers and I guess Kirkman as well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the show gonna introduce the Whisper's without Carl? This is just dumb on Gimple and the writers and I guess Kirkman as well.
I brought this point up in the spoiler thread.

This must mean a complete split from the comics. Carl is too central to just about all arcs that are to come.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Chandler Riggs was accepted into both Auburn and Georgia and was deciding between attending one of those schools (to study sociology & psychology) due to the relative close proximity to the Atlanta area where much of the show is filmed. Riggs also apparently just recently bought a house near the shooting location in Georgia.....I guess Riggs assumed his character would be safe for several more seasons (because of Carl's longterm role in the comics), so he invested in a home.

Perhaps the producers didn't want Chandler to split his time between college and the show so they decided to kill Carl?

If so, that's kinda crappy.

So now, Chandler is putting college on hold and is moving to L.A. to concentrate on his music & acting for a while.

Walking Dead star admits he really, really did not want to leave the show

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the writing is on the wall: the show is coming to an end, and the shift/focus will be on Fear The Walking Dead. Look at all the cast upgrades in the latter and think about the lazy crap being produced now in the former. Seems like a logical conclusion. Mr. Spock agrees.

Un5F2vt.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horrible episode.

2) holy red-shirts, Batman. I knew when I saw Tiny in the back seat, he was playing the red shirt. I was just a bit peaved, cause I thought THAT was the big surprise.

3) I hate to see pointless sacrifices in dramatic moments. There was no reason for Zeke to sacrifice himself. And he was driving a freaking bus. Why not load everyone up in the bus and get out of dodge?

4) a bit more big picture, but I HATE HATE HATE the way they have dealt with Dwight’s face turn. He was just good one day. It was handled SO MUCH better in the books. And that had some simple scenes that could have worked very well on the show, at next to no cost.

5) I was actually expecting something different to happen at the end, but I saw there was only 10 minutes left, and there was no way there was time for that. I am guessing that was a bit of a fake out to the book readers.

Overall, a pretty crappy episode. A typical REALLY dark episode where it is so hard to see what is actually happening.

Yep.

This show, in its dying days, has officially become "Days of our Lives with Zombies".

Coupla things cracked me up:
Negan goes after Rick with Lucille and swings and misses...not one....not two....but three times! Damn, Rick must've taken lessons from Daredevil!

Back to that scene: Rick is right about one thing, Negan never shuts up; in fact, he's so into his melodramatic villain speech, he sticks his chin right into the defeated Rick's face, just begging for a crack in the jaw. Which, of course, Rick obliges.

One more on that scene (which I'm sure you can tell by now really annoyed the crap outta me): Rick has Lucille. He has Negan at his mercy. So what does he do? He turns the bat handle-side and hits Negan a bop on the noggin. I stopped suspending belief at this point.

Sidenote: I am hoping it turns out that Enid actually bit Carl in a bit of post apocalypse foreplay. :nod::nod::nod:

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Rick not just finishing Negan there was just one more "why didn't they just kill the fucker" to add to the list.

Don't like Carl getting killed off. Not because I like the character or am emotionally invested, (I really don't and I'm really not) but it just doesn't make a lot of sense. And if they are canning the comics as source material they are making a HUGE mistake. I'm not one of the whinny twats in this thread that complain about anything and everything but I do have my issues with this show now. This is one of them.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. So I'm all caught up now.

There was more of those bullshit musical montages with up close shots of the characters faces. So fucking annoying.

Plenty of other shit for me to bitch about in the last three episodes since I've posted to let you all know how badly this shit sucks, but it's gotten so bad that I'm not even sure I want to make fun of it. It's almost like pushing a crippled kid in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more on that scene (which I'm sure you can tell by now really annoyed the crap outta me): Rick has Lucille. He has Negan at his mercy. So what does he do? He turns the bat handle-side and hits Negan a bop on the noggin. I stopped suspending belief at this point.

I've always laughed at folks for pointing out "that wouldn't happen in real life" while watching shows/movies like this, but I must admit, I found myself saying what in thee fuck, when a few walkers brought down a fucking tiger. These people battle through warehouses full of walkers, but a tiger is overcome by a handful of them? Then I remembered that the tiger was fucking stupid, and how glad I was that it's dead.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that during the half-season finale, I thought about banging Maggie for the first time, so there's that.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am in the minority of folks that are glad to see the show deviate from the comics with this huge plot line of Carl dying. The Carl character never bothered me (other than that mess of a mop on his head).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am in the minority of folks that are glad to see the show deviate from the comics with this huge plot line of Carl dying.

Wait. Are you saying you think you're in the minority of people that are glad Coral is dead? I could be wrong, but I think that's a miscalculation.