• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The US Open 2014 thread

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you are babbling and creating hypothetical situations based on past results. Federer has also lost matches where he was two sets down against Nadal at Wimbledon and probably at Australian open (doesnt help that Nadal does all the blood doping and other PED products). You on the other hand started following tennis maybe five years after Serena Williams burst into the scene and have become quite the "knowledgeable" tennis fan?? LOL! Your posts not only reveal your lack of maturity as an individual but also brings to light the glaring holes in your tennis knowledge and comprehension. Instead of babbling incoherence here you should read a book on tennis or pick up a tennis racquet and hit some balls. :L (I would also suggest that you take an English class).

:lol: Bottom line, you are full of shit. If you think you have no confidence in Federer your favorite who is one of the greatest if not the greatest that played the game and playing against someone who never won a slam and you gave up on him then you have no tennis knowledge. He was not playing someone like Nadal you idiotically claim does blood-doping, and yet your porous analytic ability gave up on you to claim Federer your favorite would lose because it is near impossible for him to come back.

:wtf2: Do I need a German to tell me to take an English class? I have wider vocabulary on my pretty little finger than your would ever dream of having, you asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you are babbling and creating hypothetical situations based on past results. Federer has also lost matches where he was two sets down against Nadal at Wimbledon and probably at Australian open (doesnt help that Nadal does all the blood doping and other PED products). You on the other hand started following tennis maybe five years after Serena Williams burst into the scene and have become quite the "knowledgeable" tennis fan?? LOL! Your posts not only reveal your lack of maturity as an individual but also brings to light the glaring holes in your tennis knowledge and comprehension. Instead of babbling incoherence here you should read a book on tennis or pick up a tennis racquet and hit some balls. :L (I would also suggest that you take an English class).

Oh, by the way, I am older than you and I have followed and played tennis longer than your idiotic self albeit not at professional level you asshole. I know you live on this tennis forum to worship Federer and denigrate anybody who shellacks Federer or your German compatriot Steffi. You are an incorrigible, ignorant airhead. GTFOH

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, Serena!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Bottom line, you are full of shit. If you think you have no confidence in Federer your favorite who is one of the greatest if not the greatest that played the game and playing against someone who never won a slam and you gave up on him then you have no tennis knowledge. He was not playing someone like Nadal you idiotically claim does blood-doping, and yet your porous analytic ability gave up on you to claim Federer your favorite would lose because it is near impossible for him to come back.

:wtf2: Do I need a German to tell me to take an English class? I have wider vocabulary on my pretty little finger than your would ever dream of having, you asshole.

You put up a LOL sign but actually are foaming at the mouth and resorting to name calling. That is a sure sign of losing in an argument and you display all the symptoms. I refuted your Graf vs Seles debate with stats and facts, and I have pointed out the flaws in your logic in the Fed vs Monfils. And yet you have no shame and keep coming back for more humiliation. That in itself reveals that you are in your early twenties (if not younger) and full of immaturity. Stop this goonish behavior and talk and analyse tennis if you are capable of it. Otherwise go and read up and gain some knowledge and insight and then come at me. My little pinky finger knows more about tennis than you will know. :suds:Drink beer not shell gasoline...i think the gas is what's making you so balmy.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put up a LOL sign but actually are foaming at the mouth and resorting to name calling. That is a sure sign of losing in an argument and you display all the symptoms. I refuted your Graf vs Seles debate with stats and facts, and I have pointed out the flaws in your logic in the Fed vs Monfils. And yet you have no shame and keep coming back for more humiliation. That in itself reveals that you are in your early twenties (if not younger) and full of immaturity. Stop this goonish behavior and talk and analyse tennis if you are capable of it. Otherwise go and read up and gain some knowledge and insight and then come at me. My little pinky finger knows more about tennis than you will know. :suds:Drink beer not shell gasoline...i think the gas is what's making you so balmy.

This coming from someone who put up this dozy :

"The reason why it will be near impossible to come back is that the true bounce surface allows a player who gets into a hot zone and rhythm to really dial his tennis in and gain more and more momentum and win quickly. Fed is not going to pull a Nadal and take an injury break so he will not be able to break or disrupt monf's rhythm or game with his subpar play and will lose."--Hs0022

Does anybody understand this B.S from Hs0022? Someone who claims he knows tennis? This is comical. So Federer "will not be able to break or disrupt monf's rhytm or game (he can't spell the guy's name) with his subpar play and will lose." Now, if this is not the height of ignorance and porous analytic acuity I do not know what is. You live 24/7 on this forum and this is what you say about your own favorite? Actually, your little pinky finger knows more B.S than anybody on this forum.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from someone who put up this dozy :

"The reason why it will be near impossible to come back is that the true bounce surface allows a player who gets into a hot zone and rhythm to really dial his tennis in and gain more and more momentum and win quickly. Fed is not going to pull a Nadal and take an injury break so he will not be able to break or disrupt monf's rhythm or game with his subpar play and will lose."--Hs0022

Does anybody understand this B.S from Hs0022? Someone who claims he knows tennis? This is comical. So Federer "will not be able to break or disrupt monf's rhytm or game (he can't spell the guy's name) with his subpar play and will lose." Now, if this is not the height of ignorance and porous analytic acuity I do not know what is. You live 24/7 on this forum and this is what you say about your own favorite? Actually, your little pinky finger knows more B.S than anybody on this forum.

You keep harping over the same thing over and over. Like a broken record. :lame:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Wednesday's matches, and my thoughts/predictions on the upcoming Thursday matches.

+++++++++++++++++++=

* I groaned when Wawrinka hit that return at 4-1 in the 4th set tiebreak. I knew it was going to be such an easy putaway from Nishikori.

As I was fearful of, Wawrinka's 1st serve % let me down for most of the match.

This was a good match though by both players, could be the best of the tourney.

This is also why I don't put as much on the impact of previous matches. Even if Nishikori had lost, it would have just come down to a few points. He didn't look tired, he was just playing his game and playing well.

* Cilic needs to bring Berdych forward. He can't win baseline rallies with him. He should show off some of those net skills I've mildly praised him for.

* This is Monfils' best chance at beating FED at a major, especially on this surface. He has the game.

While it's tough to predict a Monfils match, I think there will be at least 1 tiebreaker, and I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks FED 3x.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Monfils gets blown out and broken 4x across two sets in this match, he's shown that before too.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is as boring as it gets. Two baseline hardballers bashing away in a one dimensional manner.
I usually like their matches, but after the Wawrinka-Nishikori one, just wanted to FF through this one.

It really depends on if Murray uses his less used Forehand to open things, and if Djokovic is going more for winners too.

If they're not, I agree that it can be what you described.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray needs to get more first serves in and also he needs to go a little bigger on the 2nd serve

Yeah, I don't like matches when he's serving about 50%.

I also like his serve down the middle, I think it's good and he gets more of his aces that way.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still worried about how often Fed is getting broken, but this a reminder about how tough it is to advance. Gael was one pretty easy shot on that first match point away from wrecking my night. Instead, I'm celebrating good wins by my two favorite athletes.

Who's your other favorite athlete?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Friday's matches yet. Will catch up on Friday-Sunday, during Sunday afternoon.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About FED vs. Monfils:

* Monfils broke FED a lot like I predicted, actually more than I did. I thought FED was due to have a tough time vs. someone who gets a lot of balls, and I like Monfils more at this major than any other.

Monfils also served well.

I gave my TV the finger many times during the 4th set, especially as FED in danger.

This match might be as good as the Wawrinka-Nishikori one. One could make that point.

The net point differentials were staggering.

* Cilic said that he might serve faster than Goran now, but that Ivanisevic still has a better serve. It's unreadable.

Berdych had a lot of trouble reading Cilic's serve, I think.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it exposes you as the fraud that you are.

It only exposes that you have limited material to argue or debate with. The limitation in your posts is mid boggling. Are you sure tennis is your sport?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Fed will have an easier time against Cilic. Monf kinda took Fed by surprise a bit especially as Fed was clearly off in the first two sets. Maybe four sets but the first set is going to be key for Fed. Dont want another five setter especially if he has to face Djoko in the final. Hope Nishikoru can get the upset, he would be much higher up in my books as far respect level is concerned but I doubt it. Djoko plays a similar game but does everything better when he is on. Djoko in four.