• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Saints vs Niners Game Is Basically Good For Us No Matter What Happens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Presuming that we beat Minnesota next week (not a guarantee, but probable, IMO): if the 49ers lose we increase our division lead over them by one and if the Saints lose, we increase our homefield advantage by over them by a game. And a tie wouldn't help either one of them, of course.

Looks like the Niners at Saints game help us no matter what. I like that. :suds:

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, that was a very good point that you posted. Nice brain work.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why everyone should be ecstatic with the 9ers loss today! Just gotta hope for the same result in the Cowboys/Saints game. Then the Niners/Saints can beat each other up next week for our amusement, assuming we don't lose.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want the Saints to beat the Niners.
A whiner win gives them hope of winning the division, we don't want that.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want the Saints to beat the Niners.
A whiner win gives them hope of winning the division, we don't want that.

:agree: And winning the division is more important than getting HFA...but it would be great to do both!!!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's good either way but I think my personal preference I would lean towards seeing the 49ers lose

6-4 would pretty much eliminate any chance of them winning the division which would guarantee us at the very least the #2 seed in the NFC

I'm not afraid of the Saints getting to 8-2...they still have two more games against Carolina and one against us at the Clink

I feel like the 49ers are more dangerous at 7-3 because after New Orleans they only have one tough game left on their schedule (that's us at the stick) and if they win out and we don't win against New Orleans we are stuck with the #5 seed.

If the 49ers lose...then we can afford to lose to New Orleans AND San Fran and still get the bye and home field as the #2 if we take of business against the other teams.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will win next week against the Vikings. We are getting Okung, Giac and Harvin back. Playing at home in front of a raucous home crowd. As much of a lock of a W as they come. Saints will beat the Niners in the Dome. We will then beat the Saints after our bye week. That pretty much will guarantee us the #1 seed in the NFC.

At this point with the way things are going, it would be a major disappointment if we don't get to 13 wins. We will most likely finish 14-2 and a very good chance that we could reach 15-1.....provided we don't rest any of our guys for the last game of the season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it looks like a foregone conclusion that the niners lose and probably lose big next week against NO which is ok with me.

If we cannot beat NO in our house after a bye with a healthy team in a prime time game then we just dont deserve HFA.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it looks like a foregone conclusion that the niners lose and probably lose big next week against NO which is ok with me.

If we cannot beat NO in our house after a bye with a healthy team in a prime time game then we just dont deserve HFA.

I'm going to disagree with that. The NFL is very much a week to week sport and the fact New Orleans had a big win today and SF lost won't mean anything next weekend. There's so many instances where a team has a bad week and turns around and plays great the next. New Orleans' last game before tonight was awful against the Jets. Yet they rebounded just fine. The Saints could very well lay the beatdown on SF. But a foregone conclusion? I don't think there's any way you can say that. The 9ers are still a good team don't count them out yet.

I agree 100% with your second statement.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not neccesarily true. Alot of teams struggle after a bye week. NO has alot of weapons and it will be tough to cover them all. Our best offense will be our offense. We will need long, sustained drives and get ahead in the score. We will need to stop the Saints a few times, or limit them to FGs. We will have the night game and home field advantage. (Teams travelling west generally don't play as well at night because their body clocks are past the prime time for strength and speed which is noon to 7pm) This will still be a very tough game, but let's focus on Adrian Peterson and QB roulette first.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the o-line guy's back could not be at a better time.

Game changer that could prove BIG TIME is Harvin and how well he and Wilson are in rhythm together,but just having Harvin teams will have to plan for him and Lynch will find some large hole's i would imagine.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 first downs for the Saints tonight. 40!! I'm surprised they didn't rack up 1000 yards. Hopefully they won't do that against us in a few weeks. :hope:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 first downs for the Saints tonight. 40!! I'm surprised they didn't rack up 1000 yards. Hopefully they won't do that against us in a few weeks. :hope:

I wouldn't call the Dallas defense a juggernaut.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call the Dallas defense a juggernaut.

Yup, pretty much dead last in passing defense and the NFCE is a joke. I'm sure that the Saints will probably not put up the same offensive numbers against this secondary, but it still was an impressive display of offense after what they had to suffered last week.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that, as of right now, the niners are a #6 seed and only a game ahead of Arizona, Chicago, and Green Bay for that spot. How sweet would it be for them to be this year's Chicago Bears: Be a really good team that just barely didn't make the playoffs.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the golden number for the Hawks right now is 12. I think the Niners will end up 11-5 with a loss against us and one against either the Saints or the Redskins. I think the Saints will be 12-4 with a loss against us and the Panthers. If the Hawks can get 12 wins with one of those against the Saints, then we will have the division and HFA throughout the playoffs. Obviously, anything can happen in the next 7 weeks, but that is what I see going forward for each of those teams. If SF wins next week though, then this scenario gets all turned around.

It could be possible to get those 3 wins in the next 3 games, but of course, they still have to finish out the season strong and remain healthy or get healthier.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the golden number for the Hawks right now is 12. I think the Niners will end up 11-5 with a loss against us and one against either the Saints or the Redskins. I think the Saints will be 12-4 with a loss against us and the Panthers. If the Hawks can get 12 wins with one of those against the Saints, then we will have the division and HFA throughout the playoffs. Obviously, anything can happen in the next 7 weeks, but that is what I see going forward for each of those teams. If SF wins next week though, then this scenario gets all turned around.

It could be possible to get those 3 wins in the next 3 games, but of course, they still have to finish out the season strong and remain healthy or get healthier.

I don't see them losing to the Redskins. St. Louis, however, should be the team to be concerned about moving forward for the 9ers. The Rams played the same smash-mouth football like we do and what we saw out of the Panthers today. They have one of the best O-line in the league, but if Kaep gets smack around he's going to sputter.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I can see that. The reason I included the Redskins is I think they are slowly getting better as RG3 gets healthier and more comfortable and because it will be back-to-back east coast trips for the Niners and if they somehow survive the deluge in N.O. it will be tough to go back again and beat the Skins. I almost added the Rams as another possible loss. That's a pretty brutal schedule, Car, @NO, @Was, StL, Sea. I think they get Crabtree back by the StL game.