• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Saints vs Niners Game Is Basically Good For Us No Matter What Happens

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully StL tenderizes them a bit before we have our steak dinner. ;)

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully StL tenderizes them a bit before we have our steak dinner. ;)

I don't doubt at all that it won't happen. St. Louis is actually a very good team and match up fairly well against their own division. They took the Niners to two over time games last year, with 1 being a tied. so let's hope they do it again.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bottom two teams in our division have 9 wins between them. 2 better than any other division. Granted the Rams haven't had their bye week yet, but still, that is a pretty tough division with 1 team that hasn't had a real QB in a while, and the other with no weapons and then loses their QB.

I do like the Rams going forward. Now that Stacey has solidified their run game and Clemmens seems to really have a good grasp on the offense it gives them a multi-dimensional attack. Today's game was going to happen sooner or later and no better time than against the Colts. Thank you Rams!

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt at all that it won't happen. St. Louis is actually a very good team and match up fairly well against their own division. They took the Niners to two over time games last year, with 1 being a tied. so let's hope they do it again.

Do people forget that the Whiners went into St. Louis earlier this season and dominated the Lambs 35-11? And that was when the Lambs still had Sam Bradford and the Whiners weren't all that healthy. The Whiners might have struggled against the Lambs last year, but this season seems to be a different story. I think the Whiners will lose at least 2 more games this season. Against the Saints and against us. But, I don't think they will lose to the Lambs, especially at San Fran.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the golden number for the Hawks right now is 12. I think the Niners will end up 11-5 with a loss against us and one against either the Saints or the Redskins. I think the Saints will be 12-4 with a loss against us and the Panthers. If the Hawks can get 12 wins with one of those against the Saints, then we will have the division and HFA throughout the playoffs. Obviously, anything can happen in the next 7 weeks, but that is what I see going forward for each of those teams. If SF wins next week though, then this scenario gets all turned around.

It could be possible to get those 3 wins in the next 3 games, but of course, they still have to finish out the season strong and remain healthy or get healthier.

If this scenario plays out with the Whiners and Saints both losing to us, we very well could end the season with a 15-1 record. :suds:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people forget that the Whiners went into St. Louis earlier this season and dominated the Lambs 35-11? And that was when the Lambs still had Sam Bradford and the Whiners weren't all that healthy. The Whiners might have struggled against the Lambs last year, but this season seems to be a different story. I think the Whiners will lose at least 2 more games this season. Against the Saints and against us. But, I don't think they will lose to the Lambs, especially at San Fran.

That was when the Rams were still struggling, I'm not taking anything away from the 35-11 win but St. Louis have gotten a lot better despite playing with their backup QB.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams were one dimensional then. Believe it or not, they are better off now. THey would even be better if Bradford was in there, but Stacey is what turned that team around. A legit run threat makes defense much harder.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree with those who would rather see the Saints beat the Niners than vice versa. I'd love to expand the division lead over the Niners to three games, and then have a chance to put a nail in their chances of winning the division if we beat them in SF.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 first downs for the Saints tonight. 40!! I'm surprised they didn't rack up 1000 yards. Hopefully they won't do that against us in a few weeks. :hope:

Brees has a 124 rating at home vs. 85 on the road. It's 18-2 TD/INT vs. 7-5. So we get to see them in what will hopefully be nasty weather at home. Finally caught a break on scheduling. I thought that traveling to Atlanta vs. NO was a wash coming into the season, but we ended up getting the bad team on the road while the 49ers are seeing the offense with the best HFA in the league next week. I hope the Saints put the stake into their heart. If we can't handle NO at home then we probably don't have what it takes to make it to the SB anyway.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees has a 124 rating at home vs. 85 on the road. It's 18-2 TD/INT vs. 7-5. So we get to see them in what will hopefully be nasty weather at home. Finally caught a break on scheduling. I thought that traveling to Atlanta vs. NO was a wash coming into the season, but we ended up getting the bad team on the road while the 49ers are seeing the offense with the best HFA in the league next week. I hope the Saints put the stake into their heart. If we can't handle NO at home then we probably don't have what it takes to make it to the SB anyway.

Someone on one of the comment sections over at ESPN/Grantland said that the Seahawks don't have an offense. I laughed and then proceeded to let him know that he was mistaken, particularly when it comes to playing in Seattle.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle average 26.5 points per game good for 6 out of 32 teams. Perhaps he'd like to explain what his expectations of "an offense" is.

2013 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

I'm pretty sure his expectations are 40 passes per game and 400 yards passing. Noone understands the run game anymore. Noone understands that those 26.5 pts/game come from a run first team that probably has the fewest pass attempts per game in the league. Noone understands defensive football, they just want Brady, or Manning, or Rodgers to throw huge TDs. Noone understands the field position battle, like how our punt coverage team has allowed something rediculous like 15 total return yards on the season, while everyone still happily kicks it to Tate and he burns them for an avg of 10-15 each return.

I was so glad to see the return of "Ground Chuck" when PC traded for Beast. It is not exactly the same, since it has WC type offense and field stretching throws involved, but I love the run game and noone better in the league at punishing you with the run then Lynch. I still cannot believe these last few years are not a dream. I wish I could know how PC and Paul Allen got together and helped make this happen.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle average 26.5 points per game good for 6 out of 32 teams. Perhaps he'd like to explain what his expectations of "an offense" is.

2013 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN

I think he was just a Saints homer trying to talk himself into the Saints winning easily in Seattle. I mentioned to him that not only do the Seahawks have a good offense, but that it's an offense capable of keeping the potent Saints offense on the sidelines for large chunks of the game. I laid out all of the stats that would suggest that, at the very least, the game wouldn't be as much of a gimme as he thought it would be. I haven't bothered to go back and look for a response, but he seemed like one of those guys who would just say something to the effect of "Nice novel you wrote there. Didn't bother to read it. Seahawks suck! Geaux Saints!"

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope the Saint's dont forget the "Beastquake"

Last edited by a moderator:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, now you are going to make me watch the last 10 minutes of RCR Ep 1 right now. The play, the music, that last quote with Freeney. Perfect ending to that episode.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As previously mentioned definately rooting for the Saints and I think they will win. Tough to imagine Kap keeping up with Brees in the dome especially with Vernon Davis possibly out. Assuming we win next week that would give us 3.5 game lead going into the bye.

Winning the division almost assures at least a 2 seed unless the Lions win out. Saints still have games left against the Niners, Hawks, Carolina twice and go to St Louis as well. I gotta think outside the Hawks game they could easily lose two more. I still think the Panthers could catch them.