• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it's from the Brock and Salk show this morning, so if it isn't disregard.

But, Herbie was talking about how he has been advocating for the Pac for 20 years how he has been such a big fan and staying up late to watch all the games so then Brock told him how many late starts we had in a row and he had no fucking clue. He was pretty much just blowing smoke the whole fucking time and got caught. He comes off as an arrogant prick and did himself no favors with this interview.

I think ESPN is at Wazzu in a few weeks. Maybe the pirate can give herbstreit some steering tips :noidea: Y'all need to get an iceberg on the sidelines for them imo

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. Even still, as much of a jackass as he has been with this, he at least comes off like he's just doing his job and defending his employer, even if he did choose his words poorly and basically insult our entire conference. The team that did the game were just straight up unexcusably unprofessional.
I agree. No way do you see them pull that "skit". With an SEC team or B1G team. Really not sure what reaction they were expecting. I'm guessing they may have been disappointed by the lack of thank you tweets from the PAC

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it's from the Brock and Salk show this morning, so if it isn't disregard.

But, Herbie was talking about how he has been advocating for the Pac for 20 years how he has been such a big fan and staying up late to watch all the games so then Brock told him how many late starts we had in a row and he had no fucking clue. He was pretty much just blowing smoke the whole fucking time and got caught. He comes off as an arrogant prick and did himself no favors with this interview.
And then there's Brock's nephew who is most likely to become a Dawg.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there's Brock's nephew who is most likely to become a Dawg.

Isn't he still a freshman or sophomore? Heard he's got a crazy strong arm, but still has a bit of polishing to do.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I'm sure ESPN will punish Brock now with making him call Big West games on ESPN 6 for targeting their biggest "marketing tool" :herbie:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. No way do you see them pull that "skit". With an SEC team or B1G team. Really not sure what reaction they were expecting. I'm guessing they may have been disappointed by the lack of thank you tweets from the PAC
Like Auburn's 3 cupcakes this year Georgia Southern, Mercer and Louisiana-Monroe. Or Alabama's cupcakes Fresno St, Colorado St and Mercer.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sec is what it is. With a team like Alabama, they've earned their spot not being fucked with (for now) as far as I'm concerned. My question is what about Penn State? Their ooc consists of Akron, Pitt, and Georgia State. Haven't seen anyone bitching about their schedule...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sec is what it is. With a team like Alabama, they've earned their spot not being fucked with (for now) as far as I'm concerned. My question is what about Penn State? Their ooc consists of Akron, Pitt, and Georgia State. Haven't seen anyone bitching about their schedule...
Wisconsin's whole schedule is atrocious

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently when Michigan and Ohio State are in your conference who you play out of conference doesn't matter, never mind all you have to do is kick a field goal and not their defense return a turnover if you want to beat Michigan.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin's whole schedule is atrocious
Yeah, I didn't mention them because no one (outside of wisconsin) is really trying to hype them yet.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN needs teams outside of Alabama to push ratings on their network. It's strictly business only for them. Don't think they give a rats ass about the fans if its not profitable. To me that's a major problem when they own a majority of the market.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Auburn's 3 cupcakes this year Georgia Southern, Mercer and Louisiana-Monroe. Or Alabama's cupcakes Fresno St, Colorado St and Mercer.
Oh we will not here about November FCS cupcakes.Mercer is basically a community college in PA fwiw

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but doesn't that ignore auburn playing Clemson and Alabama playing Florida State?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but doesn't that ignore auburn playing Clemson and Alabama playing Florida State?

You mean one neutral game to start the season? Played in one of the two stadiums Alabama plays every season that their fans travel to by car( seen it with my own eyes)? Then three cupcakes with one in November. It's been almost eight years since Alabama has traveled to a OCC teams home field. Thats 30 chances to just do a couple or even once but nope. USC has had several seasons where they play 2 road OCC games. Florida hadn't don't in in decades and plays only three true road games this season. The SEC has carefully manipulated scheduling to their full advantage. Yeah Alabama played FSU. Now its unranked FSU. Only three times was Alabamas annual kickoff neutral game against a ranked team. Twice the #20 teams and once the #14 team. That's supposed to make up for countless Chattanoogas and Mercers at home?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone get our AD on the horn and have her schedule Mercer ASAP. If so many SEC teams are playing that powerhouse it must be legit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ESPN's focus even during the game. I think Herbstreit bribed his kids with cupcakes. To throw on some Trojans gear and hold up a jets jersey. Because you know instead of actually covering the game. We all want to see the camera pan to these two repeatedly throughout the game. While they talk about the NFL draft. Because ESPN's PAC vocabulary consists of the word Darnold :L Are there actually jets fans in Washington? I think these were plants. Anyone from NY knows real jets fans wear bags on their heads.East Coast bias

sam-darnold-jets.jpg

I totally forgot to bring that up. Of course those were plants but I was laughing. Just out of curiosity, how many $C students even made that trip on a Friday, let alone students who came and had a Jets jersey made up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean one neutral game to start the season? Played in one of the two stadiums Alabama plays every season that their fans travel to by car( seen it with my own eyes)? Then three cupcakes with one in November. It's been almost eight years since Alabama has traveled to a OCC teams home field. Thats 30 chances to just do a couple or even once but nope. USC has had several seasons where they play 2 road OCC games. Florida hadn't don't in in decades and plays only three true road games this season. The SEC has carefully manipulated scheduling to their full advantage. Yeah Alabama played FSU. Now its unranked FSU. Only three times was Alabamas annual kickoff neutral game against a ranked team. Twice the #20 teams and once the #14 team. That's supposed to make up for countless Chattanoogas and Mercers at home?
Play one higher profile OOC opponent . In a neutral site season opener. That they have the entire off season to prep for. Add two more cupcakes. Bye week before LSU. FCS team used as a bye week before their other rival Auburn. Rinse repeat... It's all schedule manipulation and smoke and mirrors. That gives the illusion of a strong schedule and conference in the end.