• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC is without a quality win at this point. OU not only has a quality win, it was on the road. Also SC struggled at home in double OT vs a underwhelming UT squad.

I think it's about right, but I'm like Wiz, it will work itself out soon enough, and I think that's how they see it too.
Oklahoma also has the quality loss at home to an uranked team that was a 30 point underdog.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma also has the quality loss at home to an uranked team that was a 30 point underdog.
I think you are discounting a pretty decent Iowa State team Jim.

Just as easy as the Trojans could be 4-2 right now had they lost in Double OT to Texas, Iowa St could be 5-1 had they won in OT vs a pretty darned good Iowa team, who themselves could be 6-0 save a play here or there vs both Penn St and @ Mich St.

That's why we say this stuff sorts itself out in the end.

I think SC one spot behind OU is about right for now, especially since both the AP and Coaches polls see it like that too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have future H/H deals with Michigan and Ohio State.
Who could be garbage by that time, I mean really who knows? :noidea:

It's all a crap shoot.

UCLA is fortunate to get decent programs to play Home and Homes, because the other schools boosters want to go to the Rose Bowl. It could be their schools only chance in some cases.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, at the rate we are going we will reach 10k posts on this thread by sometime this weekend.

Not sure if we care and want to keep rolling on this one, or stick with tradition and go with v6. All the same to me either way.

I mean this Pac12 thing is nearly at 50k posts across 5 threads. Just crazy.
Thanks Herbstreit. thanks ESPN

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are discounting a pretty decent Iowa State team Jim.

Just as easy as the Trojans could be 4-2 right now had they lost in Double OT to Texas, Iowa St could be 5-1 had they won in OT vs a pretty darned good Iowa team, who themselves could be 6-0 save a play here or there vs both Penn St and @ Mich St.

That's why we say this stuff sorts itself out in the end.

I think SC one spot behind OU is about right for now, especially since both the AP and Coaches polls see it like that too.

Lets be honest. If USC had lost to an unranked team at home there would be no coming back. USC can only lose to a ranked team and even then the east coast voters just see it as a loss.Same goes with Washington. If they lose to WSU they will be ranked lower than Oklahoma. If the Huskies lose to say Oregon they can kiss playoffs good by no matter who they beat . Heck LSU jumped up by beating a crappy Florida team. lol. That's the kind of bias that west coast teams have to deal with. And all this should be 5-0 talk is worthless. Iowa State was 2-2 going into that game including a loss at home to Texas.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest. If USC had lost to an unranked team at home there would be no coming back. USC can only lose to a ranked team and even then the east coast voters just see it as a loss.Same goes with Washington. If they lose to WSU they will be ranked lower than Oklahoma. If the Huskies lose to say Oregon they can kiss playoffs good by no matter who they beat . Heck LSU jumped up by beating a crappy Florida team. lol. That's the kind of bias that west coast teams have to deal with. And all this should be 5-0 talk is worthless. Iowa State was 2-2 going into that game including a loss at home to Texas.
Pretty much how it works for the Pac. Last year UW lost to USC. Oregon's only loss was Arizona who won the South that year and ws #12 after the Pac 12 title game

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC is without a quality win at this point. OU not only has a quality win, it was on the road. Also SC struggled at home in double OT vs a underwhelming UT squad.

I think it's about right, but I'm like Wiz, it will work itself out soon enough, and I think that's how they see it too.

True to a point. OU had the one quality but has looked like dog shit since that game. USC hasn't looked great but won, and comparing the losses OU shouldn't be ahead of USC IMO. But to me it gets back to the east coast shit. The day after we beat them, ESPN talking heads were speaking as though losing by 3 in Pullman to us is the same as a loss to an Iowa State type of team.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True to a point. OU had the one quality but has looked like dog shit since that game. USC hasn't looked great but won, and comparing the losses OU shouldn't be ahead of USC IMO. But to me it gets back to the east coast shit. The day after we beat them, ESPN talking heads were speaking as though losing by 3 in Pullman to us is the same as a loss to an Iowa State type of team.
Shit, when it flipped to sports center after the game the first thing they said was about darnold's heisman hopes. They gave you guys 0 credit for that win.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, when it flipped to sports center after the game the first thing they said was about darnold's heisman hopes. They gave you guys 0 credit for that win.
That was ESPN's focus even during the game. I think Herbstreit bribed his kids with cupcakes. To throw on some Trojans gear and hold up a jets jersey. Because you know instead of actually covering the game. We all want to see the camera pan to these two repeatedly throughout the game. While they talk about the NFL draft. Because ESPN's PAC vocabulary consists of the word Darnold :L Are there actually jets fans in Washington? I think these were plants. Anyone from NY knows real jets fans wear bags on their heads.East Coast bias

sam-darnold-jets.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the jackoffs that called the game explain themselves more than Herbstreit...
But at the same time. How in the fuck does a "PAC advocate". That claims to defend PAC football. Like he's the hero of the PAC. And claim to have a vast knowledge of PAC football. Not know Washington has played all their games after 5? I had to stop reading to shake my head

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't listen, how'd it end?
I'm assuming it's from the Brock and Salk show this morning, so if it isn't disregard.

But, Herbie was talking about how he has been advocating for the Pac for 20 years how he has been such a big fan and staying up late to watch all the games so then Brock told him how many late starts we had in a row and he had no fucking clue. He was pretty much just blowing smoke the whole fucking time and got caught. He comes off as an arrogant prick and did himself no favors with this interview.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it's from the Brock and Salk show this morning, so if it isn't disregard.

But, Herbie was talking about how he has been advocating for the Pac for 20 years how he has been such a big fan and staying up late to watch all the games so then Brock told him how many late starts we had in a row and he had no fucking clue. He was pretty much just blowing smoke the whole fucking time and got caught. He comes off as an arrogant prick and did himself no favors with this interview.
It was from that interview. What a jackass, and good for Brock calling him on it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the same time. How in the fuck does a "PAC advocate". That claims to defend PAC football. Like he's the hero of the PAC. And claim to have a vast knowledge of PAC football. Not know Washington has played all their games after 5? I had to stop reading to shake my head
Fair point. Even still, as much of a jackass as he has been with this, he at least comes off like he's just doing his job and defending his employer, even if he did choose his words poorly and basically insult our entire conference. The team that did the game were just straight up unexcusably unprofessional.