• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and Texas A&M prob would roll Oregon next year if it happened. but in rebuilding I would still rather see a Illinois or Rutgers or Kansas on the schedule than Bowling green and San jose state
I wouldn't say that AtM would roll the ducks, UCLA just took them down this year and you guys should be at that level next year. Hell, you guys were this year until Herbert got hurt.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that AtM would roll the ducks, UCLA just took them down this year and you guys should be at that level next year. Hell, you guys were this year until Herbert got hurt.
Ewww, fuck, now I want to throw up....

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it is also true that Woodward and Sark were trying to hedge toward easier schedules to make it easier for them to look better and it is now biting us squarely in the ass.
This ^^ .. and because of it UW started playing FCS teams for the first time ever. :(

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to scheduling OOC. We've got burn by Ohio State, Wisconsin, Auburn and Notre Dame by them backing out the year before their return trip. ND made up for it by the San Antonio game but it screws our schedule up for that year. You can't make a H/H agreement but also pencil in another P5 or big MWC or AAC team just in case. Our big thing in the early 2000's was our Seattle game but started finding no one back east wanted to play their first game against us unless it was their home field or a "neutral game" meaning their fans can drive.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW’s Chris Petersen on ESPN, Arizona State, Hunter Bryant, Azeem Victor and more

(Pac 12 commissioner Larry Scott said that you apologized to him for your comments before the game. Is that true?) “I did not. We had a quick conversation. That was kind of that, you know. I did tell him I thought things were blown out of proportion – a very quick conversation.”

Fvck you Larry Scott, you lying pos.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, there is no doubt that UW had a terrible OOC slate this year. It's not news. The cupcake visual during the game was still seriously unprofessional. Of course it was funny to fans outside of Seattle, but that sure doesn't make it right.

What did ESPN do? They broke the cardinal rule of sports broadcasting. The made the story about them. Broadcasters shouldn't be the story, it should be the teams and what happens on that field. Did any of you know that UW put up one of the top 5 defensive performances in team history that game? No, of course not. Any of you see that awesome simultaneous catch in the end zone for a TD? Nope. No chance. THE story of the game was their bashing of Petersen, Scott's serious lack of supporting the schools he represents, and the total lack of professionalism in that game coverage. That's just plain wrong.

As an aside, this was the first game this year that UW was actually on ESPN. So what the fuck is Herbie even talking about? All 5 games before this were on FS1, Fox, or Pac12N. What exactly do we owe those fuckers?

ESPN also stands to make a fuck ton of money on this deal, otherwise they wouldn't have made it. If they weren't showing a Pac12 game in that time slot what would they have instead? Would it have a 38 share? No. Of course not. It would be some second tier Mac game or some shit that no one would watch, even out west. So maybe THEY should spend some time showing thanks for our schools being wiling to whore themselves out for their profit.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW’s Chris Petersen on ESPN, Arizona State, Hunter Bryant, Azeem Victor and more

(Pac 12 commissioner Larry Scott said that you apologized to him for your comments before the game. Is that true?) “I did not. We had a quick conversation. That was kind of that, you know. I did tell him I thought things were blown out of proportion – a very quick conversation.”

Fvck you Larry Scott, you lying pos.
What the fuck is happening? This is ridiculous, Petersen has nothing to apologize for, all he did was relate to his team's fans about the shitty scheduling... Jesus Christ.

Claiming someone apologized when they didn't is a very fucked up thing to do. He can choke on a dick.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is happening? This is ridiculous, Petersen has nothing to apologize for, all he did was relate to his team's fans about the shitty scheduling... Jesus Christ.

Claiming someone apologized when they didn't is q very fucked up thing to do. He can choke on a dick.
Larry Scott is a slimy pos and always has been. He lied his ass off about the negotiations with the two Okie schools when they wanted to join the PAC and he lied about getting the PAC Network on DTV. Yet the school presidents keep giving that asshole a raise every year instead of firing his ass like they should have years ago.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly don't understand Larry's nut sucking of ESPN. ESPN has a contract with the Pac 12, he can put his foot down and say f off and ESPN can't do shit but talk shit about the conference, as if they don't do that already. ESPN sucked SEC balls so bad it costed McCafferey and Gerhart the Heisman. They all but gave Darnold the Heisman so Herbstreit thinks he or ESPN is pro Pac 12. ESPN is pro USC in football and UCLA and Arizona in basketball, that's it. I still remember them campaigning against UW making the NCAA tournament after they won the conference but lost in the conference tournament.

I still remember him essentially shitting on us when they looked at the schedule a couple of years ago when there was a decent chance (we proceeded to lose) I think it was Oregon with Mariota where both teams would be top 25 and the other dude said Gameday in Pullman and he said no chance. Again, Gameday owes there popularity to WSU but still shits on us.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies sacking QBs without needing to blitz
What should be the real story of that game instead of the broadcast team.

UW's defense gets 8 sacks in the game without blitzing one time. 6 of those sacks came with only 3 defenders rushing the passer. And this isn't something new for that squad. 6 different players got sack credit meaning it is a true team effort and not just one crazy pass rusher.

Cal had a total of one snap past the 50y the entire time the first string D was in and it was the second time this season the defense didn't allow a single point (Cal scored on a strip/fumble/return off Pettis).

Sure, they were facing Cal and a fairly green QB so it needs to be in perspective. Still it was one of the top 5 defensive performances in UW history. Cal finished with -41 yards rushing. That includes not only the 8 sacks, but 9 tackles for loss.

The offense probably still needs a little more work, but that D though. And we aren't just talking about second quarter D now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, at the rate we are going we will reach 10k posts on this thread by sometime this weekend.

Not sure if we care and want to keep rolling on this one, or stick with tradition and go with v6. All the same to me either way.

I mean this Pac12 thing is nearly at 50k posts across 5 threads. Just crazy.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovely. I've heard rumblings that Mich is trying to back out of the Washington H/H thats booked. Will ESPN drop some cupcakes on the field of one of their beloved Big10 tricks? My guess would be no.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovely. I've heard rumblings that Mich is trying to back out of the Washington H/H thats booked. Will ESPN drop some cupcakes on the field of one of their beloved Big10 tricks? My guess would be no.
They are still both out long enough that maybe Cohen has time to go find a real challenge instead of a washed up former blue blood that can't seem to ever put it all together.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC North
team | conference | overall
Washington 3 - 0, 6 - 0
Washington St. 3 - 0, 6 - 0
Stanford 3 - 1, 4 - 2
Oregon 1 - 2, 4 - 2
Cal 0 - 3, 3 - 3
Oregon St. 0 - 3, 1 - 5
The North is setting up for a nice winner takes all in the apple cup. Stanford still in a position of at least spoiler, if not still in a position to somehow win the North outright... They are like a fungus. LOL! They just don't go away!
PAC South
team | conference | overall
USC 3 - 1, 5 - 1
Utah 1 - 1, 4 - 1
UCLA 1 - 1, 3 - 2
Arizona 1 - 1, 3 - 2
Arizona St. 1 - 1, 2 - 3
Colorado 0 - 3, 3 - 3
All but the South Champs tied in the loss column in conference.

USC & Arizona have the most favorable conference schedules here out, and in that order. The South may still be determined in that H2H game at the Coliseum even if Arizona drops the WSU game...

There could be some SC fans pulling for UCLA next week (Don't expect that from any here) A Bruins' win would put all the pressure on UofA in that WSU game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what justification pollsters have to put Oklahoma ahead of USC.
SC is without a quality win at this point. OU not only has a quality win, it was on the road. Also SC struggled at home in double OT vs a underwhelming UT squad.

I think it's about right, but I'm like Wiz, it will work itself out soon enough, and I think that's how they see it too.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh Herbie, you're my hero!!! I just don't know where we would be without you as an advocate for Pac-12 football :trash::trash::trash: