• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check put the game thread. There were a couple bad/missed calls, but holy shit, you would have thought the game was oklahoma/Oregon, or Wisconsin/asu based on a couple USC fans' posts.

Yeah, there were definitely a couple of bad calls. The offensive pass interference call against Burnett was one of the worst calls I've seen in my life.

But those calls did not cost USC the game. Our backups (especially the o-line) not stepping up and doing their jobs is what cost us the game. Even with how the game went, we were in great position to win. We had the ball, we had time on the clock and we had Darnold. Gotta figure we at least get into position for a tying field goal try. But, the o-line didn't do their job and the Cougs forced a fumble to save the game for themselves.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there were definitely a couple of bad calls. The offensive pass interference call against Burnett was one of the worst calls I've seen in my life.

But those calls did not cost USC the game. Our backups (especially the o-line) not stepping up and doing their jobs is what cost us the game. Even with how the game went, we were in great position to win. We had the ball, we had time on the clock and we had Darnold. Gotta figure we at least get into position for a tying field goal try. But, the o-line didn't do their job and the Cougs forced a fumble to save the game for themselves.
You know I was just fucking with you guys. Obviously the injuries played a big part. And yeah, that call was real bad, but other than that and a couple missed holds, it wasn't a terribly officiated game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was shaking my head at the announcers in that game with all of the praise they were giving the coug LB that hit Darnold and forced that last turnover that effectively ended the game. I could have finished that play. He came through the very middle of that line entirely untouched. In fact, no one even looked at him, more or less attempted to slow him down.

That was Seahawk front line kind of bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was just fucking with you guys. Obviously the injuries played a big part. And yeah, that call was real bad, but other than that and a couple missed holds, it wasn't a terribly officiated game.

I know.

I agree about the officiating. I think part of the reason those calls stood out was because it wasn't a badly officiated game.

As to the injuries, sure they played a part. But, end of the day, it's football, injuries happen and if you want to win championships, you have to find a way to win anyway.

Fortunately, this doesn't kill our playoff chances. Cowherd predicted that USC would lose this game and then run the table the rest of the way. He was right about one. Hopefully, he's right about both.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a fan of running out on the field and have never done it myself, but I don't get all riled up over others doing it.

In any event, probably not a good idea to go running through the opposing team or anywhere near them. Who knows what the jackass was saying as he went by, but he's a coug.

Still, if they can find the number of which player did that he should be suspended at the very least. Buck up and take what the fans are giving you buttercup. It comes with the territory.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E
Never been a fan of running out on the field and have never done it myself, but I don't get all riled up over others doing it.

In any event, probably not a good idea to go running through the opposing team or anywhere near them. Who knows what the jackass was saying as he went by, but he's a coug.

Still, if they can find the number of which player did that he should be suspended at the very least. Buck up and take what the fans are giving you buttercup. It comes with the territory.

Eh, didn't see the clip but as long as the player doesn't hit him with his helmet or stomp on him with his cleats I say no suspension. If people are going to rush the field, especially after Johnson told them not to, then they take the risk of getting their ass kicked.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E

Eh, didn't see the clip but as long as the player doesn't hit him with his helmet or stomp on him with his cleats I say no suspension. If people are going to rush the field, especially after Johnson told them not to, then they take the risk of getting their ass kicked.
I said it's both ways. Not very smart to get that close to an opposing player in the first place and if you do, don't be shocked if an upset college kid decks you or says something mean.

And yet there are 100 cameras around you son. Man up and accept the loss and go to the locker room.

You can't let that stuff go unpunished.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying and most likely it should be that way, just if I were a coach I wouldn't have an issue with it whatsoever, as long as the player wasn't the instigator or didn't do something cheap.

Turning a blind eye is what we all want but eventually, especially in a place like Pullman and dude with liquid courage is going to act all tough and when a player just ignores him that fan might do something that college football will never come back from.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying and most likely it should be that way, just if I were a coach I wouldn't have an issue with it whatsoever, as long as the player wasn't the instigator or didn't do something cheap.

Turning a blind eye is what we all want but eventually, especially in a place like Pullman and dude with liquid courage is going to act all tough and when a player just ignores him that fan might do something that college football will never come back from.
Watch the clip in his link. I'll tell you I had to watch it a few times to even find it because it's some dude's cell phone from a distance and there were a lot of people on the field at that time. Sort of a wheres waldo kind of thing, but once you find it it's clear he leaned into knocking that coug fan over. Certainly enough of initiated contact to warrant a suspension.

Not the first time we've seen that either. I remember that happening a few years back but can't remember which school it was.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the clip in his link. I'll tell you I had to watch it a few times to even find it because it's some dude's cell phone from a distance and there were a lot of people on the field at that time. Sort of a wheres waldo kind of thing, but once you find it it's clear he leaned into knocking that coug fan over. Certainly enough of initiated contact to warrant a suspension.

Not the first time we've seen that either. I remember that happening a few years back but can't remember which school it was.
nPjsHBQ.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, if they can find the number of which player did that he should be suspended at the very least.
Actually, it's assault and battery, so since there is video evidence.......

This could creep up right about the time of the CCG should both teams find themselves in that contest.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry Scott needs a wake up call from the Presidents. This BS has to stop, these times are meant for the MWC not the Pac12. At most maybe 1/4 of fans saw the USC-WSU and woke up and just laughed at USC not realizing anything at all but Leach's postgame quotes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly Pac12 lines:
Stanford opened -3 at Utah and the line now sits at -6
Colorado is -7 at home against Arizona with little early movement.
UW is on the road at Cal giving 26 points (Sheesh, on the road even)
WSU opened -1 at Oregon, but most of the big boards aren't listing the game yet. Herbert's injury likely causing a pause
USC is at home giving 36 to Oregon State ( :rip: wallace)

UCLA and ASU are idle.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC to me is still very much the favorite to win the South.

Utah has looked good enough to challenge in the Division though, but they have a tough schedule ahead starting with Stanford next week, then @USC# @UW and @Oregon.

Even though I'm not convinced SC wins out their remaining Conference games since @Arizona# St, @Colorado and vs UCLA can all give them trouble, especially that ASU game since it's the B2B road game following the rival ND game, I don't think it matters. I expect the South to have at least 2 losses if not three in the Conference, unless somehow ASU surprises everyone like Colorado last year.

As for them Bruins I expected them to be 3-2 at this point, but with @Utah, @UW and @USC#. still on the schedule, they likely wont challenge for the Division but crazier things have happened, so it's one game at a time. Next week @Arizona# St. is a winnable game, then the Ducks come to town. Maybe this will be the year the Bruins finally get that monkey off their back, that streak has been going on too long.

I think ASU has just started a two to four game losing streak and losers of at least 3 of the 4 at best, so I don't see them in the picture this year.

Arizona is actually better than what their record suggests, their next three are winnable games and they skip UW this year. So if they take a win those three and WSU cougs'it on the road, that game at the Coliseum becomes a huge game.

Colorado could get back on track this week and their schedule is favorable, but like UCLA they just need to focus on the game in front of them. Next up a home game vs them Wildcats.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline subs didnt step up and thats why USC lost. They were thin as far as experience and to lose one before the game and two during the game it was up to the subs to step up. Thats part of football . No one on USCs side would care if Wazzu lost their QB and had to go with the second string guy so you can't take away anything from their victory. As bad as it was for USC they only lost by a score. So there's a chance they right the ship. I'm a little frustrated with the playcalling. I think they should have anticipated the rush and rolled Darnold out from the start and had him hit backs out of the backfield and quick slants in. Too many times they had him throw the outs for only five yards a pop.
Good news is the Rams beat the Cowboys. It was the first Ram game I felt like they are getting back to being my team. I grew up a Rams fan and never rooted for them once they left. Last year I still couldn't get behind them. This season Ive had more interest and I really was into the game against the Cowboys. It really sucks my son grew up never having an NFL team in his city.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I didn't understand if why you guys didn't line up a fullback and pound it. Jones had the good run but you guys kept trying to run to the outside, it just made no sense

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly Pac12 lines:
Stanford opened -3 at Utah and the line now sits at -6
Colorado is -7 at home against Arizona with little early movement.
UW is on the road at Cal giving 26 points (Sheesh, on the road even)
WSU opened -1 at Oregon, but most of the big boards aren't listing the game yet. Herbert's injury likely causing a pause
USC is at home giving 36 to Oregon State ( :rip: wallace)

UCLA and ASU are idle.
Cal is here. :llama: