• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal is here. :llama:
Yeah, noticed I fucked that up, but it was too late to fix it.

That's what happens when I give my tickets away to someone else. Forgot it's at home next week.

But thanks for pointing that out. No really. :tsk:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, noticed I fucked that up, but it was too late to fix it.

That's what happens when I give my tickets away to someone else. Forgot it's at home next week.

But thanks for pointing that out. No really. :tsk:
:yo:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm saying this but Oregon is going to have rely on their defense for the next few weeks.

No worries. OD has given your defense his seal of approval and proclaimed them "LEGIT."

So you're good. :thumb:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine policy is stupid. I get why they do it, but it's still stupid.

I mean they did already wave it for them recently despite them rushing while staff was still on the field, but how often does a school like WSU beat a top 5 team? (pssst answer is pretty much never).

Maybe they should fine the rich school the $25k for their player knocking down fans and call it a day? :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I didn't understand if why you guys didn't line up a fullback and pound it. Jones had the good run but you guys kept trying to run to the outside, it just made no sense

The play calling hasn't been at the level it should be. Tee Martin is basicly learning on the job. With most teams it doesn't matter but for every great game he calls theres a few head scratchers. Because he's still learning I'm not complaining too much but I did mention a while back that the play calling hasn't been that great. There was an article about a week ago in LA that said that the QB sneak was dead at USC. That the Trojans over the first few games (Texas especially) had a bunch of 3rd n 1s and 4th n 1s and in none of those instances did USC line up with Darnold at the line and just have him get that yard. And its true. They always put him in shotgun. He's a big kid if anyone should be doing that it's USC with him. Look at the runs he did against WSU. Mind you it wasn't enough but it got USC into the endzone a few times.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine policy is stupid. I get why they do it, but it's still stupid.

I mean they did already wave it for them recently despite them rushing while staff was still on the field, but how often does a school like WSU beat a top 5 team? (pssst answer is pretty much never).

Maybe they should fine the rich school the $25k for their player knocking down fans and call it a day? :noidea:

I think once you as a fan put yourself on the field or court you are responsible for anything that happens to you because you're not supposed to be there. Anything short of an actual sustained assault by a player you're the one in the wrong most of the time in those situations.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I don't know. Our defense is set up to stop the Oregon's or spread offenses with our speed. Not meant to do well against a USC, Stanford or the Mutts. I mean Jones showed they can still be beat every now and then but if we get pounded up the middle by the end of the 3rd quarter our guys will be exhausted for going against bigger guys.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once you as a fan put yourself on the field or court you are responsible for anything that happens to you because you're not supposed to be there. Anything short of an actual sustained assault by a player you're the one in the wrong most of the time in those situations.
You had the Troy player grabbing his crotch and flipping off fans at the LSU game from the sideline and a USC player laying out a fan. Yes, entirely different things, but neither are a good look for the game. As such, both are worthy of at least a substantial internal punishment up to suspended games.

You can't put your hands on fans. Period. No debate. Whether that fan is in your realm or not. The fan in question made no visible move or gesture toward the player, he was simply running past him. Sure, he might have said something but buck up and be a man for fucks sake. if they can find his number he should be punished IMO.
Ya, I don't know. Our defense is set up to stop the Oregon's or spread offenses with our speed. Not meant to do well against a USC, Stanford or the Mutts. I mean Jones showed they can still be beat every now and then but if we get pounded up the middle by the end of the 3rd quarter our guys will be exhausted for going against bigger guys.
With Herbert out I'm guessing WSU wins down there, but I'm very curious to see how the cougs do on the road this year particularly on defense. I want to see how many penalties they have and how many mistakes they make on both sides of the ball.

Oddly enough, the few Vegas sites carrying this game currently have it Oregon -2 so Vegas isn't buying 11th in the country. :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at WSU campus police looking into it. How many different assault charges were different coug players up for last year and not one of them was ever charged despite most of them having video showing the actual assault?

If they actually ended up charging that USC player with something I'd be rolling over how bad that looks for that department.

Should they figure out which kid it was he should be doing wind sprints or possibly sit out a game. Law enforcement involvement is entirely overboard IMO.

I mean who hasn't wanted to deck a coug at some point? Am I right? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest lines are showing Oregon -2 for the WSU game.

How often is a #11 team a road dog to an unranked team? One that just lost their starting QB and RB as well?

Vegas not buying into the cougs. Like big time.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How often is a #11 team a road dog to an unranked team? One that just lost their starting QB and RB as well?

I found that odd when I put the lines in last night.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's crazy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Herbert out I'm guessing WSU wins down there, but I'm very curious to see how the cougs do on the road this year particularly on defense. I want to see how many penalties they have and how many mistakes they make on both sides of the ball.

Oddly enough, the few Vegas sites carrying this game currently have it Oregon -2 so Vegas isn't buying 11th in the country. :lol:

Eh, I'm not worried about Vegas, they've been right on us I think once thus far. I don't think we covered against Oregon State. Without Herbert Oregon doesn't really scare me, the only thing they might have an advantage is essentially every good defensive player we have Coach Joe recruited to WSU.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I'm not worried about Vegas, they've been right on us I think once thus far. I don't think we covered against Oregon State. Without Herbert Oregon doesn't really scare me, the only thing they might have an advantage is essentially every good defensive player we have Coach Joe recruited to WSU.
I'm not sure WSU can stop their run. If it was at home sure, but it's not. They will be somewhat one dimensional without Herbert unless Alie suddenly improved A LOT over how he was last year.

If Falk can keep from throwing picks and letting them hang around it should be over long before the final gun. It's going to come down to not getting a lot of stupid penalties and giving up turnovers on the road.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at WSU campus police looking into it. How many different assault charges were different coug players up for last year and not one of them was ever charged despite most of them having video showing the actual assault?

If they actually ended up charging that USC player with something I'd be rolling over how bad that looks for that department.

Should they figure out which kid it was he should be doing wind sprints or possibly sit out a game. Law enforcement involvement is entirely overboard IMO.

I mean who hasn't wanted to deck a coug at some point? Am I right? :noidea:

I still haven't seen the video, was the player white? The main reason Barber didn't get charged was the race card was semi pulled when the police and school were only going after the Samoan players but not charging the frat for having cocaine and giving alcohol to minors. I think our LB, can't remember his name did get charged and booted from the team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure WSU can stop their run. If it was at home sure, but it's not. They will be somewhat one dimensional without Herbert unless Alie suddenly improved A LOT over how he was last year.

If Falk can keep from throwing picks and letting them hang around it should be over long before the final gun. It's going to come down to not getting a lot of stupid penalties and giving up turnovers on the road.

I wouldn't say we can't stop their run, we have shut down their run the past two years when they didn't have a functional QB. Like I said, my firm belief is we are design to stop teams like Oregon, have a bunch of safeties at LB's but we should get beat up by a power run team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say we can't stop their run, we have shut down their run the past two years when they didn't have a functional QB. Like I said, my firm belief is we are design to stop teams like Oregon, have a bunch of safeties at LB's but we should get beat up by a power run team.
Their run game is better this year than last from what I've seen and they run more up the gut than just living off the misdirection and outside speed plays. They will get some points from it, but nothing close to enough to hang with WSU's offense unless they give up several turnovers.