• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tailgate with vadka/redbulls and then come out for some post game morning bloody marys... :tsk:
Where we tailgate we have to wait for all of the metro buses to leave with the folks going to the park and ride before ours can pull out because you can't head south until they reopen the main road. That takes at least an hour after the game. It would be probably close to midnight before that bus will even pull out of the lot. That's fucking insane.

Fire Scott.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where we tailgate we have to wait for all of the metro buses to leave with the folks going to the park and ride before ours can pull out because you can't head south until they reopen the main road. That takes at least an hour after the game. It would be probably close to midnight before that bus will even pull out of the lot. That's fucking insane.

Fire Scott.
We park and party in a lot out by the north lake tavern. The big plus is not dealing with all that. The big negative is you walk your buzz off by the time you get to the stadium. I found the easy fix to that problem years ago though. Drink more.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU going in deeper at home VS UW never once trailing or ever really in any danger and still only not shutting you out in your own home because they put the backups in on D tells you UW will struggle at home in the Apple Cup? :noidea:

I didn't read that as him saying UW would struggle against the Cougs... I read it as the Apple Cup should be more competitive this season...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is taking anything away from them for that.

At all.

We all know many/most college teams are entirely different on the road vs at home. Oregon lost to ASU on the road and then played Cal really solid at home. Cal played USC strongly at home and then looked like shit at Oregon. Etc... You can go on and on and on with that.

If you took teams like Oregon and gave them 5 straight home games they might artificially look more solid than they otherwise would with early road tests.

When I look at every team in the off season going in the questions I ask are how solid are they at QB and what are their road games and when do they happen. Literally the two most important things for every team.

We don't know what WSU is on the road this year. On paper their defense looks better, but EVERY defense plays better at home. It isn't a minor consideration to ask what they look like away from Martin Stadium.
Good comment and we will see how the Cougs play on the road this season, as they will play 5 of their last 7 games on the road.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that sucks. That kid was awesome.
Not season ending, but he will miss the trip to Husky Stadium as well as all but the last game or two. Really hate seeing any starting QB go out, even for rivals. Takes too much away from the game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not season ending, but he will miss the trip to Husky Stadium as well as all but the last game or two. Really hate seeing any starting QB go out, even for rivals. Takes too much away from the game.
I heard Royce Freeman is also fvcked up but I can't find anything on it.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oregon has to go through their toughest stretch without Herbert and Freeman? What a way to derail a season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oregon has to go through their toughest stretch without Herbert and Freeman? What a way to derail a season.
Part of the game that really sucks for sure.

No one knows the status of Freeman. Maybe he makes it back before that stretch is finished.

Ducks had to burn the redshirt of their 3rd stringer QB as well which also sucks. Compounded problem.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC falls all the way to 14 and WSU jumps them to reach 11 in the latest AP poll.

UW still 6 (Georgia jumped them to take USC's spot)
WSU 11
USC 14
Utah 20

Also receiving votes - Oregon 19, Stanford 8

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC falls all the way to 14 and WSU jumps them to reach 11 in the latest AP poll.

UW still 6 (Georgia jumped them to take USC's spot)
WSU 11
USC 14
Utah 20

Also receiving votes - Oregon 19, Stanford 8
Fvck those east coast voters.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fvck those east coast voters.
Wouldn't lose sleep over it.

This is the result of a lackluster first half schedule to be honest. Beating up on Oregon State doesn't move the needle.

They will have chances to gain some cred, but not for almost another month. They could fall without losing over that span if others around them play solid teams and win.

Should work itself out by the end though. Having higher value games late in the season gives them a chance to show they are playing good ball when it counts the most.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is taking anything away from them for that.

At all.

We all know many/most college teams are entirely different on the road vs at home. Oregon lost to ASU on the road and then played Cal really solid at home. Cal played USC strongly at home and then looked like shit at Oregon. Etc... You can go on and on and on with that.

If you took teams like Oregon and gave them 5 straight home games they might artificially look more solid than they otherwise would with early road tests.

When I look at every team in the off season going in the questions I ask are how solid are they at QB and what are their road games and when do they happen. Literally the two most important things for every team.

We don't know what WSU is on the road this year. On paper their defense looks better, but EVERY defense plays better at home. It isn't a minor consideration to ask what they look like away from Martin Stadium.

But under Leach, it seems we have always played better on the road. We've never lost to a FCS school on the road.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to see Stanford finish the season in the top 15, not likely but we have to have dreams.

Dad and I went to the UCLA game and he was bitching about the QB situation etc. I looked at him and reminded him that Stanford has been in bowl games every year recently, that was a cause for joy if it happened once every 4 years when he or I went there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But under Leach, it seems we have always played better on the road. We've never lost to a FCS school on the road.
I'm mostly interested to see how WSU's defense looks away from Martin. I know Falk can play on the road. That trip to Oregon just suddenly got a whole lot easier though with Herbert and Freeman out. Might not get punched hard on the road until the last two weeks @utah and @UW

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to see Stanford finish the season in the top 15, not likely but we have to have dreams.

Dad and I went to the UCLA game and he was bitching about the QB situation etc. I looked at him and reminded him that Stanford has been in bowl games every year recently, that was a cause for joy if it happened once every 4 years when he or I went there.
Stanford could win a national title if they ever had a top flight QB, but they don't need one to threaten to win the Pac and that's saying something because no other team in the conference can really say that.

Stanford is built to play trench warfare and win turnover battles. A throwback style they excel at.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford could win a national title if they ever had a top flight QB, but they don't need one to threaten to win the Pac and that's saying something because no other team in the conference can really say that.

Stanford is built to play trench warfare and win turnover battles. A throwback style they excel at.
The problem has been, of late, that they never have all the pieces in a given year.

Wiz check your messages.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem has been, of late, that they never have all the pieces in a given year.

Wiz check your messages.
I saw that message, but I'm about to head out to run errands and didn't look into it. I wouldn't overthink it. I can help when I come back this afternoon.