• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that is truly how they feel, and how much of that is similar to coach speak where you never undermine your players (employee in this case) in public? You aren't going to get a candid response from the schools. It's in their vested interest to blow smoke up his ass and act like everything is going exactly to plan. Undermining him would only make him less effective in negotiations and make things worse.

But yes, their long term strategy is to leverage these untapped foreign markets and grow their brand until they have the muscle to push Direct TV and other media outlets in this country back to the table.

So, basically we are screwed for the short term and have little hope of catching up with the other conferences in the long term, short of conference realignment.
Ninjad.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. Deontay has more receptions, more yards, and more TDs and has come up clutch with games on the line. Is there some other stat we can gauge WRs with?

QB play...

Manny is nothing like D'arnold. If you watch the ASU games, you will see that Manny throws the ball up for grabs and more often than not N'Keal comes down with the catch, despite having 2 guys draped all over him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB play...

Manny is nothing like D'arnold. If you watch the ASU games, you will see that Manny throws the ball up for grabs and more often than not N'Keal comes down with the catch, despite having 2 guys draped all over him.
Just watched some of his highlights. He's a great receiver. Classic #1. Deontay is more of the slot type.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched some of his highlights. He's a great receiver. Classic #1. Deontay is more of the slot type.

N'Keal is probably the most talented WR in the history of the program.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what are the gonna say though?
Yeah, I made that point to wazzy. They have to sound happy and confident in their guy and what their overall plan is, as well as how successful they are (or aren't) at reaching those goals.

$8m per team difference in return from their networks. That money isn't being felt as much by UW, USC, Stanford. Teams like both zona schools, beavs, and any other team struggling sure does feel that. They could go pay better with that money and attract more of the guys going to the B1G and SEC with matching money at least.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly don't get the foreign market aspect. It makes sense for professional sports who are trying to gain popularity to put games or in some cases the potential for a franchise there. The Pac 12 isn't going to add another college, aren't going to be doing any more than maybe one game one of the markets. I just don't get it I guess, if the NFL isn't betting their money on those markets then why would a collegiate conference when their is no loyalty to a school and since kids are at a school for at most 4 years it seems like a massively flawed business model.

To me, the better opportunity if they partner with a Hulu, Netflix or Amazon with their streaming since they are always looking for content, made Disney quite a bit of money too.
Disney is supposed to be starting their own streaming service. I wonder if that will include sports

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply amazed that Bryce Love has 787 yards in 4 games with the way the Stanford line has been playing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply amazed that Bryce Love has 787 yards in 4 games with the way the Stanford line has been playing.
Well, only one of the four has a run defense and there have been questions about Stanford's passing game leaving them prone to being run heavy. Still tough to get that many yards, but I'd fully expect a run heavy set of stats for Stanford this whole season. It's what they do. I mean how can you question what the line is doing in the first place? They obviously still dominate in run blocking.

I'll be curious to see how many total team rushing yards they get in a couple of weeks on the road at Utah. Break 180y as a team in that game and I'll buy into it. I mean even they have already had a bad day of run stopping allowing Zona to go over 200y.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney is supposed to be starting their own streaming service. I wonder if that will include sports

Ya, not totally sure. I know they made the announcement about starting their own streaming app since Netflix paid them to use their content and stats say kids got hooked on the Disney movies but also shows. No idea, just a thought of hooking up with a streaming site, then lazy east coast guys can't complain about it too late when they can watch games the next day.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DKxV89ZXoAANy42.jpg

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N'Keal is probably the most talented WR in the history of the program.

Most talented in recent memory, sure. John Jefferson would have something to say about the history of the program.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Washington State (4-0, 1-0): It’s a bummer that the Cougars’ game against USC this week is on Friday, because had it been scheduled for Saturday, Ol’ Crimson surely would have been coming home.
:lol:

There has been so much crying this week from coug fans around town about this. As if they'd intentionally go to the Palouse instead of Blacksburg as it is. It wasn't going to happen if it was on Saturday.