• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPOW came from a defense that gave up over 400 yards???
That may actually be a bad thing tbh. One of Jack Jones biggest problems is that he's cocky. And his ego shows on the field. Whether it be getting over confident and burned at times. Or taking dumb penalties as a result of running his mouth. In scrums after the play or unecassary celebrations. Don't need his head getting any bigger. When he's already got to focus more on improving his on the field play imo

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Utes

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually quite impressive. Somehow you managed to make the ducks defense look good :dhd:
Well, that was the point.

To an opposing OC their defense is the greatest looking piece of ass they have seen in ages. Drooling over pounding it.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Cal winning that one outright.
Hard one to read. I fully expect their defense to play with more intensity and with a chip on their shoulder. I'd fully expect the whole team to come out more aggressive.

Will it be enough? :noidea: Can they limit their mistakes and play consistently enough?

I don't think Cal's defense is going to find enough success at stopping the duck offense unless the duck offense helps them out with turnovers and mistakes. Tougher than they have been in years for sure, but they look like a unit that has a ways to go to stop a high powered offense.

And Cal does have a young QB that I saw make quite a few mistakes in their game Saturday.

I could see them covering, but I'm not sure they will have enough late to win.

It's a home game for Oregon and I think that's huge this week. If this was on the road I'd be right there with you, but it's not.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up AG? I thought I'd come back and see what's going on here. Lots of people on Rivals talking about you tonight, mostly good. Oh, and plan on the Huskies undefeated season coming to an end on 11/18.
Long time no see! :) I was skimming through Rivals today and saw another thread on me. :D btw I might fly down for that Utah game. There's a boatload of Utes in our PAC-12 Facebook group.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up AG? I thought I'd come back and see what's going on here. Lots of people on Rivals talking about you tonight, mostly good. Oh, and plan on the Huskies undefeated season coming to an end on 11/18.
Not if Troy is still at QB for you guys.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The liquor stores around Pullman will also be sold out of fireball.

Doubtful, if this were a Saturday night game there wouldn't be a drop of alcohol within 10 miles of Pullman, but it's Friday, kids have classes and drinking and driving is discouraged for all the alumni making the drive over there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful, if this were a Saturday night game there wouldn't be a drop of alcohol within 10 miles of Pullman, but it's Friday, kids have classes and drinking and driving is discouraged for all the alumni making the drive over there.
You have class on Saturday?

I mean you are telling me they aren't lighting it up most friday nights on greek row as a normal thing?

As far as alum go, I get pretty lit up before most games, but never drink after the kickoff and I'm entirely fine to drive by the time I get back to my car. Even on a Friday night game with a shorter tailgating window.

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time no see! :) I was skimming through Rivals today and saw another thread on me. :D btw I might fly down for that Utah game. There's a boatload of Utes in our PAC-12 Facebook group.
It could be a good game is Huntley is back. He gives us an actual offense. You should try to get down there for it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have class on Saturday?

I mean you are telling me they aren't lighting it up most friday nights on greek row as a normal thing?

As far as alum go, I get pretty lit up before most games, but never drink after the kickoff and I'm entirely fine to drive by the time I get back to my car. Even on a Friday night game with a shorter tailgating window.

No, they have class Friday, won't be able to sell out the fireball and beer. If Greek row is typical Greek row during this game then those fuckers need to be kicked out of school.

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard one to read. I fully expect their defense to play with more intensity and with a chip on their shoulder. I'd fully expect the whole team to come out more aggressive.

Will it be enough? :noidea: Can they limit their mistakes and play consistently enough?

I don't think Cal's defense is going to find enough success at stopping the duck offense unless the duck offense helps them out with turnovers and mistakes. Tougher than they have been in years for sure, but they look like a unit that has a ways to go to stop a high powered offense.

And Cal does have a young QB that I saw make quite a few mistakes in their game Saturday.

I could see them covering, but I'm not sure they will have enough late to win.

It's a home game for Oregon and I think that's huge this week. If this was on the road I'd be right there with you, but it's not.
Good analysis. Either way that 14 pt spread is ridiculous

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC , Deontay Burnett day to day with shoulder injury suffered in the Cal game. Is there a better WR right now in the PAC?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Seattle Times writer Percy Allen's conference power ranking article
Week 4 Pac-12 Power Rankings: Washington takes over as top Dawgs in conference

He noted that the ducks are second worst in the nation in penalties with a total of 42 already. They committed 17 against ASU for a total of 99y. :shocked:

Wasn't aware they were having that many discipline problems. Sounds a lot like Sark's first couple of years with UW.

They are going to have to make substantial progress on that fast if they are going to survive their October gauntlet.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, USC didn't have any explosive plays in their win over Cal. They did have one run that went 19 and one pass play of the same yardage, but no plays over 20. Does that seem uncharateristic to anyone else? :noidea:

Is Cal's D that good, or just an off day for the deep plays for USC this week?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Seattle Times writer Percy Allen's conference power ranking article
Week 4 Pac-12 Power Rankings: Washington takes over as top Dawgs in conference

He noted that the ducks are second worst in the nation in penalties with a total of 42 already. They committed 17 against ASU for a total of 99y. :shocked:

Wasn't aware they were having that many discipline problems. Sounds a lot like Sark's first couple of years with UW.

They are going to have to make substantial progress on that fast if they are going to survive their October gauntlet.
@OregonDucks, thoughts?

At least you got 2nd quarter adjustments, and that terrible, but correct, spot to fall back on...