• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these night games kill me. i train down from sf and it was close to 1am when i got home.

can't imagine there's any significant eastern time zone viewing - which ultimately will hurt the pac. even a marquee game or player will not garnish eyeballs at 2am
I'm actually on the east coast,NY.Yeah its late by time games are over.But well worth it mo.The other people on the east coast that don't stay up for PAC after dark are missing out imo

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these night games kill me. i train down from sf and it was close to 1am when i got home.

can't imagine there's any significant eastern time zone viewing - which ultimately will hurt the pac. even a marquee game or player will not garnish eyeballs at 2am
Half of the conference was playing in night games last night. It has gotten entirely out of hand.

Honestly it's a sign that Scott is failing us. This is their method for making up for the failing network that was supposed to bridge the financial gap with the other conferences. ESPN and FS1 pay more and have those time slots open. If they had ever completed the Direct TV deal and put some quality programming on AND make the damned thing readily available nationwide the conference wouldn't need to whore themselves out on late night TV to keep up with the Joneses.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DKgjmIxUEAAx_SZ.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since the game started here in Dublin at 3:30 am, I got up to check the final score and was surprised the 3rd quarter was in progress. :eek:

Congrats Nerds! :suds:

I do expect Mora to win enough games this year with a healthy Rosen to play a bowl game, but even a down year for Stanford was too much for Mora's Bruins this year as well.

They've been a match-up nightmare for CJM since year one of his contract.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of the conference was playing in night games last night. It has gotten entirely out of hand.

Honestly it's a sign that Scott is failing us. This is their method for making up for the failing network that was supposed to bridge the financial gap with the other conferences. ESPN and FS1 pay more and have those time slots open. If they had ever completed the Direct TV deal and put some quality programming on AND make the damned thing readily available nationwide the conference wouldn't need to whore themselves out on late night TV to keep up with the Joneses.

He has definitely been a big flop as a commissioner. Came in with great big ideas and cam essentially flopped on all of them. Biggest thing that bugs me, is if he is going to whore out the conference he needs to tell ESPN and Fox to go off themselves if they aren't going to start our games on time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has definitely been a big flop as a commissioner. Came in with great big ideas and cam essentially flopped on all of them. Biggest thing that bugs me, is if he is going to whore out the conference he needs to tell ESPN and Fox to go off themselves if they aren't going to start our games on time.
Whores take sloppy seconds as long as they get paid.

It's what he's reduced us to.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just bugs me because it is the exact opposite of exposure and that's what he preached when we settled to own content and take a fraction of the money from the networks. There already is an east coast bias but Scott is all but telling everyone we are an inferior conference by allowing for years some shitty SEC or B1G game to finish while sticking us either on some shit network that you can't find or some stupid app.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the ESPN fucks last night sucking off Penn State for going on the road and struggling to beat Iowa? Of course that's an impressive gut check, no point in talking about UW going on the road and pounding Colorado.

That's what you get for playing all of your games in the middle of the night. :heh:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're gonna be content not working the direct tv thing out, at least offer streaming subscriptions. Should be doing that either way really. The whole thing is such a failure.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking (felling)they ALL pushed time slots due to their money needs. Think of the last 12:30 or 3:00 PAC 12 game outside of "California Teams"...Oregon,Washington,Washington St, ASU, AU, Utah and so on....I don't want to see Kansas St or Baylor or some BS team I don't care about. And to make things worse i can't see the kickoff to the teams I want to see. Back in the 80's and 90's they used to switch to regional coverage when the games started. No more:bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit:

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no sour grapes, but tell me larry scott how much those TH/Fri/Sat 10:30 EST Kickoffs helped McCaffrey's Heisman run in '15???

when the PAC has a bubble team for the 4 team playoffs, how much help will they get when 3/4ths of the country is asleep by the end of the 1st quarter???

you want butts in the seats at games? how about a saturday AFTERNOON kickoff at least 2x on a team's schedule.....

#f_larry_scott!