• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, once up UW again rotated in the backups and got them some quality reps in a road game against a tough opponent.

That's the big difference between just getting a win and winning comfortably. You can't get that experience without live game action.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Remember Jack Jones in the Rose Bowl game? Kid was lost in there and I would say most of it was because he didnt' get enough time back there when the team was rolling. Then an injury or two ( Adoree) and he's out there in a critical situation.Just because someof these kids are 4-5 stars doesn't mean they will play like it at a moments notice.

Great example. Kid was lost in the Rose Bowl, but it was a bit of a "trial by fire" and look at him now. 2 picks yesterday and 3 or 4 on the season already.

I'd wager too, that if he had gotten some experience prior to the Rose Bowl, he may have performed better and maybe we don't need to make that comeback?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, once up UW again rotated in the backups and got them some quality reps in a road game against a tough opponent.

That's the big difference between just getting a win and winning comfortably. You can't get that experience without live game action.

Exactly.

USC does a good job of rotating guys in and out on offense. Would like to see more of the same on defense.

You can practice these kids all you want, but they learn and improve the fastest from game play.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the ESPN fucks last night sucking off Penn State for going on the road and struggling to beat Iowa? Of course that's an impressive gut check, no point in talking about UW going on the road and pounding Colorado.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stanford-ucla ran close to 4 hrs. last night. i had no idea espn had that many sponsors...

what with the pac ref's reviewing seemingly every call, mandatory commercial breaks after touchdowns (11 of 'em), way too many penalties from both teams - this is becoming unwatchable without recording and liberal use of the fast forward....

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stanford-ucla ran close to 4 hrs. last night. i had no idea espn had that many sponsors...

what with the pac ref's reviewing seemingly every call, mandatory commercial breaks after touchdowns (11 of 'em), way too many penalties from both teams - this is becoming unwatchable without recording and liberal use of the fast forward....

....Don't look now...

forest-fire.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know about yesterday is the Pac 12 went completely corrupt and weren't even trying to hide it in our game. One of our best defensive players got hit with a targeting call, they overruled it just so he can play the first half against $C.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That may be the first time I've seen two targeting calls in one game. Almost three two back to back reviews. I knew the game ran long didn't realize it almost hit 4 hours. I was flipping games late. Great game by Stanford fwiw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be the first time I've seen two targeting calls in one game. Almost three two back to back reviews. I knew the game ran long didn't realize it almost hit 4 hours. I was flipping games late. Great game by Stanford fwiw

love ran for 263 and that was with a 50yrd'r called back. stanford must have had 5 50yrd runs. looks like we may have a qb in costello. defense bucked up a bit. ol needs to get it together pronto, there were several sequences where they couldn't figure out how to snap the ball without a penaty

ucla's defense was inexcusable. run game was almost non-existent. rosen is amazing. several time he was in the grasp and still manage to generate some yard....

also the ucla band uniforms were really sharp, special shout out to the white plume things on the hats and the gold capes - niiiice

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love ran for 263 and that was with a 50yrd'r called back. stanford must have had 5 50yrd runs. looks like we may have a qb in costello. defense bucked up a bit. ol needs to get it together pronto, there were several sequences where they couldn't figure out how to snap the ball without a penaty

ucla's defense was inexcusable. run game was almost non-existent. rosen is amazing. several time he was in the grasp and still manage to generate some yard....

also the ucla band uniforms were really sharp, special shout out to the white plume things on the hats and the gold capes - niiiice
Love looked great seemed every time I flipped the game on he was moving the chains.Costello had a very solid game.Hoping Chryst is ok tho.That was an awkward shot he took.You are right the reviews seemed to make the game feel like it was flowing in slow motion.Definitely a lot of flags some good calls some PAC ref moments.All together a lot of great games.PAC after dark is off to a quick start.It can be hell if your teams playing but never disappoints imo

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the ESPN fucks last night sucking off Penn State for going on the road and struggling to beat Iowa? Of course that's an impressive gut check, no point in talking about UW going on the road and pounding Colorado.

That would also cut into their sucking off USC and fawning over their QB time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you beat a team you are supposed to it gets ignored. When you barely come back and squeak out a win against a team you are supposed to beat it's a gutty sign of how good you are.

That's how the spin machine works. At least for the 4-5 teams they want to press a narrative about.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that, but that whole network in the morning bitchin about Franklin icing a kicker the following week when they were up by 50 points......

"They are who we thought they were, TMZ": Mcnabb 10:37

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a character game and a feather in their cap.......... :L

I think you guys ran the score up to surpass Oregon as top 2 last night tho :dhd:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a character game and a feather in their cap.......... :L

I think you guys ran the score up to surpass Oregon as top 2 last night tho :dhd:
Yeah, that's exactly what he said. Holy fuck, pretty sure he was the one who picked Colorado during game day too. What an asshole.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would also cut into their sucking off USC and fawning over their QB time.
Not a fan of the hype.May be nice if commentators spent less time talking about Darnold and past games.Vince Young,Aaron Rodgers...And more time talking about things like the actual games being played.And the upcoming hell game coming up with Wazzu instead.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's exactly what he said. Holy fuck, pretty sure he was the one who picked Colorado during game day too. What an asshole.
Yeah I face palmed when I heard that :L Not sure what he was smoking.But it takes a real asshole not to share.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love looked great seemed every time I flipped the game on he was moving the chains.Costello had a very solid game.Hoping Chryst is ok tho.That was an awkward shot he took.You are right the reviews seemed to make the game feel like it was flowing in slow motion.Definitely a lot of flags some good calls some PAC ref moments.All together a lot of great games.PAC after dark is off to a quick start.It can be hell if your teams playing but never disappoints imo

these night games kill me. i train down from sf and it was close to 1am when i got home.

can't imagine there's any significant eastern time zone viewing - which ultimately will hurt the pac. even a marquee game or player will not garnish eyeballs at 2am