• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time they played the best team in the PAC a couple years ago in a bowl game the Badgers won as the underdog.

Yawn, next please
8d7de059f94fcf770fab0937133cbaa55e3e94e1c5b65124a029dd1001e6b38d.jpg
Have to give you a thumbs up on that - defense has started the turn around the corner but damn it the corner is a big one.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to give you a thumbs up on that - defense has started the turn around the corner but damn it the corner is a big one.

Just Fking with you. I just love that picture. I didnt see the game I had too many beers watching the noon USC game . But surprised me that ASU could score that much.
Washington fans. I didn't see your game but whats up with Brownings line? 11/21 160 yards? Did you guys not need a passing game to win?

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington fans. I didn't see your game but whats up with Brownings line? 11/21 160 yards? Did you guys not need a passing game to win?

meh. Ugly weather and he did struggle. Good news is the d is legit and Gaskin showed up big time.

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking your word for it. I haven't seen Colorado play and they played three cupcakes before this first conference game so hard to tell.

Buffs are a good team. They lost some talent but I think they have 18 seniors still on that roster. Montez is going to be pretty good and lindsy is currently a top 3 back in the PAC. Not a fan of mcintyre but he seems to have got the program back on track.

I think they'll be your stiffest competition down south, at least this season.

It's a difficult thing going into that elevation, coupled with crummy weather in a rematch game that UW embarrassed the south champs from a season ago. Buffs were wanting this one and they got denied.

Good win for coach Pete!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Fking with you. I just love that picture. I didnt see the game I had too many beers watching the noon USC game . But surprised me that ASU could score that much.

But does Colorado have a legit O?
Colorado opened with the ball and marched it right down 75y and scored easily. UW sputtered a bit against a fairly swarming defense.

UW made adjustments and calmed down and their defense did a bit of bend, but don't break.

Colorado covered downfield quite well. Browning had a lot of time on several plays he ended up having to throw away because of coverage.

The buffs still moved the ball fairly well throughout the game, but made quite a few costly errors. They are dangerous, but lacked consistency in this game. The turnovers just destroyed them. One was a pick 6 for UW that was just a dagger. Twice they were moving the ball and threw a pick either in the end zone or close to it negating a solid drive.

The score ended up lopsided, but the game was more evenly matched outside of those turnovers.

In the 3rd quarter the buffs had two drives, one ended with a FG and the other went for 74y before they threw a pick. In the 4th quarter they went punt, turnover on downs, punt, punt, punt. They lost their effort once the game was getting out of reach.

But yes, UW was moving the ball fairly consistently on the ground. Gaskin set a career mark with 202y. UW's offense is setup to take what the defense is giving them. They aren't going to force either the ground or passing game as long as they find a way to move the ball.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs are a good team. They lost some talent but I think they have 18 seniors still on that roster. Montez is going to be pretty good and lindsy is currently a top 3 back in the PAC. Not a fan of mcintyre but he seems to have got the program back on track.

I think they'll be your stiffest competition down south, at least this season.

It's a difficult thing going into that elevation, coupled with crummy weather in a rematch game that UW embarrassed the south champs from a season ago. Buffs were wanting this one and they got denied.

Good win for coach Pete!

USC goes to Boulder to play them in November. So that weather you guys had might be nothing compared to what USC might get.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado opened with the ball and marched it right down 75y and scored easily. UW sputtered a bit against a fairly swarming defense.

UW made adjustments and calmed down and their defense did a bit of bend, but don't break.

Colorado covered downfield quite well. Browning had a lot of time on several plays he ended up having to throw away because of coverage.

The buffs still moved the ball fairly well throughout the game, but made quite a few costly errors. They are dangerous, but lacked consistency in this game. The turnovers just destroyed them. One was a pick 6 for UW that was just a dagger. Twice they were moving the ball and threw a pick either in the end zone or close to it negating a solid drive.

The score ended up lopsided, but the game was more evenly matched outside of those turnovers.

In the 3rd quarter the buffs had two drives, one ended with a FG and the other went for 74y before they threw a pick. In the 4th quarter they went punt, turnover on downs, punt, punt, punt. They lost their effort once the game was getting out of reach.

But yes, UW was moving the ball fairly consistently on the ground. Gaskin set a career mark with 202y. UW's offense is setup to take what the defense is giving them. They aren't going to force either the ground or passing game as long as they find a way to move the ball.

Whats I'm seeing is that teams are playing up for about three quarters keeping games close then its just hard to keep it going against a team with better athletes and who are deeper.

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC goes to Boulder to play them in November. So that weather you guys had might be nothing compared to what USC might get.

Thats true. Now all ya gotta do is win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the weather being a factor in that game. Both were able to throw downfield. Browning had a few misses, but nothing more than what we've seen. He also hit a dime on a deep pass into double coverage in the end zone that was an amazing TD.

The most notable play that was weather related happened to the buffs twice when field conditions lead to their players slipping and causing negative plays.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats I'm seeing is that teams are playing up for about three quarters keeping games close then its just hard to keep it going against a team with better athletes and who are deeper.
There is no doubt UW wore down their defense which was a sign of better athletes eventually taking over. And they weathered the early storm on the other side and got better and better on defense against that offense.

Again though, the buffs were quite dangerous in this game early. Montez was moving the ball well and hitting quick passes regularly. They were running it quite well and were converting on 3rd downs.

If USC goes in and plays solid they should win. But go in and struggle and it could be a long day at the office.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt UW wore down their defense which was a sign of better athletes eventually taking over. And they weathered the early storm on the other side and got better and better on defense against that offense.

Again though, the buffs were quite dangerous in this game early. Montez was moving the ball well and hitting quick passes regularly. They were running it quite well and were converting on 3rd downs.

If USC goes in and plays solid they should win. But go in and struggle and it could be a long day at the office.

Well at this point the only thing consistent about USC is their inconsistency. lol
The Bears played about as good as they could but just couldn't keep it up for 4 quarters. The only silver lining to to injuries for USC is they are going into the two deep for significant playing time. I really like The DC Clancy but one thing I don't is his reluctance to use reserves in games. Too many USC defensive starters get 95%of the plays and the reserves aren't getting experience in meaningful game situations. He wants to play the best you got which is fine but especially this year with no bye your starters could be gassed at the end of a game. And if a starter gets hurt the kid coming in might be a 4* or 5* but he's green and it's like having a 2* in there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at this point the only thing consistent about USC is their inconsistency. lol
The Bears played about as good as they could but just couldn't keep it up for 4 quarters. The only silver lining to to injuries for USC is they are going into the two deep for significant playing time. I really like The DC Clancy but one thing I don't is his reluctance to use reserves in games. Too many USC defensive starters get 95%of the plays and the reserves aren't getting experience in meaningful game situations. He wants to play the best you got which is fine but especially this year with no bye your starters could be gassed at the end of a game. And if a starter gets hurt the kid coming in might be a 4* or 5* but he's green and it's like having a 2* in there.
I was worried about our backups in this game with all of the injuries they had, but for the most part they played well or at least well enough.

The bad news coming out of the game was Chico McClatcher rolled his ankle bad so they lost another WR and one that is key. He's their veteran speedster that helps keep the safeties back and does a lot of the fly sweep kind of plays. They are deep at WR, but not in experience and now he's the second one out.

Coleman was held out with the concussion protocol so he should be back this week. Murphy won't be back for at least 6 weeks which is rough on a young secondary.

Unfortunately, injuries piling up is a part of the sport.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning Bitches :)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Love Clancy, but I'm not a fan of his rotations for the reason you mentioned. I posted yesterday in this or another thread, that the injuries could be a blessing in disguise since guys are getting playing time that normally might not. Hopefully, it will help him realize that he has talented players beyond the starters and he will use them more when we get he other guys back.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Love Clancy, but I'm not a fan of his rotations for the reason you mentioned. I posted yesterday in this or another thread, that the injuries could be a blessing in disguise since guys are getting playing time that normally might not. Hopefully, it will help him realize that he has talented players beyond the starters and he will use them more when we get he other guys back.

Yeah. Remember Jack Jones in the Rose Bowl game? Kid was lost in there and I would say most of it was because he didnt' get enough time back there when the team was rolling. Then an injury or two ( Adoree) and he's out there in a critical situation.Just because someof these kids are 4-5 stars doesn't mean they will play like it at a moments notice.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me…"

"the valley" lies in Corvallis…where top 10 teams come to die.

"and thy staff"….sweet p et al won't be able to help you mossbacks out here, just ask the Trojans of lore.