• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 5 on 247 and scout.The others need to be updated. Very happy with the class and how helton and the SC staff closed. Filled a lot of needs with elite talent. That defense is going to be nasty. Getting Falo in was a surprise but WTF lmao

Ok. I'm not really a fan of some of this signing day stuff that these kids do. But that was pretty cool.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy with the recruiting class

Helton showed he can recruit and with the run USC over the last 8 games of the season, he showed that he can coach a team that was more or less ready to go.

Now we get to see if he can develop the talent he just signed.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lenoir came back around to sign with Oregon.
Very happy with the recruiting class

Helton showed he can recruit and with the run USC over the last 8 games of the season, he showed that he can coach a team that was more or less ready to go.

Now we get to see if he can develop the talent he just signed.
its USC. I feel like a monkey could recruit there

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone at the hawks did a break down of what rankings all of the current Seahawks starters had coming out of high school. A whole lot of 3 and 4 stars as kids with a few 2 stars.

How The Seahawks Rated As High School Prospects

Just a reminder to all of us that stars may not mean anything, even if of course the odds are higher with higher ranked kids.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone at the hawks did a break down of what rankings all of the current Seahawks starters had coming out of high school. A whole lot of 3 and 4 stars as kids with a few 2 stars.

How The Seahawks Rated As High School Prospects

Just a reminder to all of us that stars may not mean anything, even if of course the odds are higher with higher ranked kids.
You cant go by what the stars of pros were. Football is a game where in high school and college some have matured and are done growing at 18. These freakish players look like men amoung boys. Put a team full and they can dominate .Ohio state is a good example. They were poorly coached their qb wasnt very good but they were just superior athletes. There are thousands of 3* kids and the overall majority have hit their ceiling. But there are the few (but since theres so many a few means enough) who keep getting bigger and faster and combined with good football IQ they make it to the pros. Three years ago USC got three highly rated players. Adoree , Juju and Damien Mama. The only three to leave early.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lenoir came back around to sign with Oregon.

its USC. I feel like a monkey could recruit there

Yes and no. The letters USC definitely give us a bit of an advantage. However, with scholarship limits, it's not like USC can just lock up all of the top recruits like in the past. Schollie limits give kids more options and they have shown that if they don't like what they see, they'll go elsewhere.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't describe them as a dark horse after they won it last year. Arizona, Arizona st, hell even UCLA would fit the description better.

I know SC won the day in recruiting but you guys lost just as much if not more than Colorado. Utah still doesn't have a QB so their offense will be limited again. I wouldn't be so quick to crown yourself. But then again, I absolutely HATE preseason rankings.
It's ok, it still good to see our 3*'s
Kick the shit out
Of your 4 and 5* players every now and then.
Especially when there players from Utah.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be far from crowning SC champs at this point, but I would be surprised to see Colorado as the favorite or even the number 2 in the preseason rankings. With a healthy Josh Rosen, I would expect to see UCLA as 1 or 2 heading into the season, so I wouldn't consider them in the Dark horse category.

With Liufau graduating I don't see Montez as being able to step in and lead the team to another division title. I think they have good coaching and I don't even know if Montez will be the starter next year so who knows. But with a RS sophomore at QB though and not a good end of season, I can't see Colorado being ranked any higher than #3 coming into the season.
Rosen is a great QB but I'm not fond of UCLA's Oline. SC may have lost adoree,Juju and some defensive and offensive linemen. But SC is pretty deep at wr. Burnett may step up. And I'm looking forward to seeing what Vaughns and Pittman can do. As far as adoree it was good jack jones got playing time.And Marshall is an under rated cover corner. This is also why I loved this recruiting cycle. They did add a lot of top tier talent on the O line and D line.Along with jones and some nasty safeties in the secondary.Some may start next year. But they will also press current players through competition. I'm not saying they will win the south. But SC is building a very solid team. I'm also liking what they did with the future QB position between Sears in this class.And Corral's verbal next year. Both are very mobile and accurate.

SC nailed this draft class

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. The letters USC definitely give us a bit of an advantage. However, with scholarship limits, it's not like USC can just lock up all of the top recruits like in the past. Schollie limits give kids more options and they have shown that if they don't like what they see, they'll go elsewhere.
"A bit" of an advatage? Please stop with the downplaying to act like its still a somewhat level playing field vs the PAC and most of the P5. Anyone with half a brain knows you have the greatest built-in recruiting advantage in the NCAA. Doesnt matter who is coaching there. When you downplay it like that, you sound like a politician who knows their unleashing a bunch of BS and its written all over their face.

Smoke'um if you got um. Enjoy it. But take a look at the final PAC class rankings and that's the reality. A "bit" of an advantage? GTFO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A bit" of an advatage? Please stop with the downplaying to act like its still a somewhat level playing field vs the PAC and most of the P5. Anyone with half a brain knows you have the greatest built-in recruiting advantage in the NCAA. Doesnt matter who is coaching there. When you downplay it like that, you sound like a politician who knows their unleashing a bunch of BS and its written all over their face.

Smoke'um if you got um. Enjoy it. But take a look at the final PAC class rankings and that's the reality. A "bit" of an advantage? GTFO.

You GTFO with the "woe is us, mean ol' USC always gets the best recruits" bullshit. I acknowledged that USC has an advantage, but the scholarship limits have greatly reduced that advantage and as I pointed out, kids have shown they will go to other programs if they don't like what they see.

The kids that USC recruits are also being recruited by virtually every other top program in the country. So no, it's not as simple as USC coaches showing up and saying "You in?" and the kid says "yes."

You guys are coming off a PAC championship and playoff berth and want to cry and act like victims.

Some of you are really starting to make me understand why Oregon fans went so batshit crazy on you for so long.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Utes! So my question for you guys about Utah.
Since we rarely land 5* kids I'm almost
Thinking, the six 4*'s we signed this year
Is pretty much equal to 1 or 2 5* players.
Thoughts?

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha ha this ain't a PAC 12 thread it's a fuckin
Washington, USC thread! false advertisements!

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You GTFO with the "woe is us, mean ol' USC always gets the best recruits" bullshit. I acknowledged that USC has an advantage, but the scholarship limits have greatly reduced that advantage and as I pointed out, kids have shown they will go to other programs if they don't like what they see.

The kids that USC recruits are also being recruited by virtually every other top program in the country. So no, it's not as simple as USC coaches showing up and saying "You in?" and the kid says "yes."

You guys are coming off a PAC championship and playoff berth and want to cry and act like victims.

Some of you are really starting to make me understand why Oregon fans went so batshit crazy on you for so long.

Some are becoming worse

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are becoming worse

Cracks me up. Several have posted on here about what a shithole the Coliseum is and what a nasty, crime ridden area USC is in. At the same time they post how awesome Husky Stadium is and what an incredible view they have, etc., etc.

Then they want to cry about our "built in advantages." :tsk:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up. Several have posted on here about what a shithole the Coliseum is and what a nasty, crime ridden area USC is in. At the same time they post how awesome Husky Stadium is and what an incredible view they have, etc., etc.

Then they want to cry about our "built in advantages." :tsk:

Yea, don't understand it I mean I can tell you several times I have talked bad about Oregon in an effortf to support Washington fans, and all they do is talk shit on SC. I never talk shit about Washington after we beat them, never uttered a negative comment about that game or their players or their fans. Really starting to piss me off

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, don't understand it I mean I can tell you several times I have talked bad about Oregon in an effortf to support Washington fans, and all they do is talk shit on SC. I never talk shit about Washington after we beat them, never uttered a negative comment about that game or their players or their fans. Really starting to piss me off

And Wiz had the audacity to say we're a fanbase that has never learned to win with grace. :tsk: