• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You GTFO with the "woe is us, mean ol' USC always gets the best recruits" bullshit. I acknowledged that USC has an advantage, but the scholarship limits have greatly reduced that advantage and as I pointed out, kids have shown they will go to other programs if they don't like what they see.

The kids that USC recruits are also being recruited by virtually every other top program in the country. So no, it's not as simple as USC coaches showing up and saying "You in?" and the kid says "yes."

You guys are coming off a PAC championship and playoff berth and want to cry and act like victims.

Some of you are really starting to make me understand why Oregon fans went so batshit crazy on you for so long.
You keep bring up something about scholarship limits holding USC back somehow. What the hell scholarship limits are you talking about???

Any scholarship limits on USC have been over for years and you've been taking full classes since the class 2014.

2014: 25 players. National Class rank 10. PAC rank 1.

2015: 26 players. National Class rank 2. PAC rank 1. (Sark was fall down wasted the entire time and you still pulled that in so you answered your own question about "Burp..You in? Burp... and getting a "yes")

2016: 20 players. National Class rank 10. PAC rank 1.

2017: 25 players. National Class rank 4. PAC rank 1.

What fracking scholarship limits are you talking about?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bring up something about scholarship limits holding USC back somehow. What the hell scholarship limits are you talking about???

Any scholarship limits on USC have been over for years and you've been taking full classes since the class 2014.

2014: 25 players. National Class rank 10. PAC rank 1.

2015: 26 players. National Class rank 2. PAC rank 1. (Sark was fall down wasted the entire time and you still pulled that in so you answered your own question about "Burp..You in? Burp... and getting a "yes")

2016: 20 players. National Class rank 10. PAC rank 1.

2017: 25 players. National Class rank 4. PAC rank 1.

What fracking scholarship limits are you talking about?

Pretty sure I explained what scholarship limits do. Perhaps the problem is that you don't understand what scholarship limits are?

Considering what many of you have posted about what a shithole the Coliseum is and how much better Husky Stadium is and what a nasty, crime ridden area USC is located in, it's hilarious that you cry about our "built in advantages."

Can't have it both ways. Either we play in a shithole smack dab in the middle of the ghetto, or we have "built in advantages."

Or maybe our coaches are just better recruiters than yours? :think:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.hudl.com/v/1HCvLP

for that one dood who keeps saying we lack QB talent I think we found one finally! I can
wait a couple of years but I can wait. Oh but wait theirs more. we still have the Florida
Gatorade player of the year behind Troy Williams.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I explained what scholarship limits do. Perhaps the problem is that you don't understand what scholarship limits are?

Considering what many of you have posted about what a shithole the Coliseum is and how much better Husky Stadium is and what a nasty, crime ridden area USC is located in, it's hilarious that you cry about our "built in advantages."

Can't have it both ways. Either we play in a shithole smack dab in the middle of the ghetto, or we have "built in advantages."

Your losing the argument badly and changing to subject about stadiums and gangbanger neighborhoods near your campus has nothing to do with this and you know it. Has absolutely nothing to do with USCs built-in recruiting advantage and you know it. Try harder. The spin is failing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your losing the argument badly and changing to subject about stadiums and gangbanger neighborhoods near your campus has nothing to do with this and you know it. Has absolutely nothing to do with USCs recruiting advantage and you know it. Try harder. The spin is failing.

I'm not losing anything. You just don't like being called on your bullshit. I didn't change any subject. Stadiums, facilities and the area that a school is located in are a big part of recruiting.

Based on what many of you have posted about the Coliseum and the area around USC, what "built in advantages" are there for you pansies to cry about? Because a dilapidated old stadium and dodging bullets from drive-by's don't sound like "built in advantages" to me.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then theres this dood to!

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with those road graders up front they just got, they could open up holes for anyone I bet. All they need is a toby gerhart......
@stanford the manford this is, believe it or not, a residual of the graduation rate and the number of players who stay for a fifth year. Add to that the number of #Walkers that tend to be put on scholarship for their Jr. and/or Sr. year and this results in a lull in class size in a fairly predictable fashion under Shaw.

Harbaugh was less likely to put a #Walker on scholarship than Shaw has, and hence, this is more pronounced under D-Shaw than Teevens, Harris or Haurbaugh.

You have to go back to UW's most despised coach to find a replication of the pattern, at least from what I have seen.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your losing the argument badly and changing to subject about stadiums and gangbanger neighborhoods near your campus has nothing to do with this and you know it. Has absolutely nothing to do with USCs built-in recruiting advantage and you know it. Try harder. The spin is failing.
Back in the day schools could give as many scholarships as they could afford so some power house programs had up to 150 players pretty much taking every good player in the region. Then they got it down to 105 (pretty sure )and now 85 players on scholarship.
I think the advantage USC has is that it's close to Serra HS. Seven current players from that HS on the USC roster and former players Adoree , Marquise Lee, Woods.
If the advantage you guys are talking about isn't tradition of winning but location. Then shouldnt UCLA be right next to USC in recruiting every year? Heck they play in the Rose Bowl and have a campus in Brentwood.
Saban gets kids to go to that shit hole of a state Alabama, Gonzaga recruits basketball players. Just sayin

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up. Several have posted on here about what a shithole the Coliseum is and what a nasty, crime ridden area USC is in. At the same time they post how awesome Husky Stadium is and what an incredible view they have, etc., etc.

Then they want to cry about our "built in advantages." :tsk:
Not going to lie, I only applied to 4 schools. I got into three. USAFA, Stanford, U$C and CO, gues who rejected me and who accepted me.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sorry to get off the subject but why don't you guys post some videos of recruits your team signed.
I love watching vids. I'm a high school referee here in Utah. I love this game. And i'm lucky to see the talent here in Utah and it's just amazing to see young men that get there chance to play at the college level.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie, I only applied to 4 schools. I got into three. USAFA, Stanford, U$C and CO, gues who rejected me and who accepted me.

I'm guessing USC rejected you and the other 3 accepted.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sorry to get off the subject but why don't you guys post some videos of recruits your team signed.
I love watching vids. I'm a high school referee here in Utah. I love this game. And i'm lucky to see the talent here in Utah and it's just amazing to see young men that get there chance to play at the college level.
Here are videos on each of LSJU's 14 scholarship athletes for this class, with commentary.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, it still good to see our 3*'s
Kick the shit out
Of your 4 and 5* players every now and then.
Especially when there players from Utah.

Utah put together a nice class this year. You recruited better out of Cali then in past classes and smartly recruiting out of a Hawaii as well. That's been a dig about Willingham, but he seems to be improving there. Some nice pieces. Lots of work will be needed to develop them, but that's what those coaches on his staff are there for.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing USC rejected you and the other 3 accepted.
Air Force was the big no, fucking kid in my district beat me by 10 points on the SAT. U$C and CO offered academic scholarships, Stanford said, essentially, come on down, if you can mortgage your future to do it. Since I am 4th gen at the school, the family pressure to do so was huge. My loans for a BA at LSJU and an advanced degree at U of A are almost as much as my mortgage in Tucson.

Thanks for reminding me of my bad decisions @trojanfan12 , dick. :)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching vids. I'm a high school referee here in Utah. I love this game. And i'm lucky to see the talent here in Utah and it's just amazing to see young men that get
there chance to play at the college level.

Here's the RB USC signed today. he's going to be a beast.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Air Force was the big no, fucking kid in my district beat me by 10 points on the SAT. U$C and CO offered academic scholarships, Stanford said, essentially, come on down, if you can mortgage your future to do it. Since I am 4th gen at the school, the family pressure to do so was huge. My loans for a BA at LSJU and an advanced degree at U of A are almost as much as my mortgage in Tucson.

Thanks for reminding me of my bad decisions @trojanfan12 , dick. :)

You brought it up. :noidea:

I just figured it was USC since you always refer to us as U$C. Loan debt or not, I can't see how attending Stanford could qualify as a bad decision.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day schools could give as many scholarships as they could afford so some power house programs had up to 150 players pretty much taking every good player in the region. Then they got it down to 105 (pretty sure )and now 85 players on scholarship.
I think the advantage USC has is that it's close to Serra HS. Seven current players from that HS on the USC roster and former players Adoree , Marquise Lee, Woods.
If the advantage you guys are talking about isn't tradition of winning but location. Then shouldnt UCLA be right next to USC in recruiting every year? Heck they play in the Rose Bowl and have a campus in Brentwood.
Saban gets kids to go to that shit hole of a state Alabama, Gonzaga recruits basketball players. Just sayin

UCLA seems to care more about basketball than football a lot of the time. They don't put anywhere near the financial resources into the football program that USC does. Mora era started off well, but seems to be floundering a lot lately. Keeps burning through assistants who he's always throwing under the bus. Football is king at USC and it's an open check for them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA seems to care more about basketball than football a lot of the time. They don't put anywhere near the financial resources into the football program that USC does. Mora era started off well, but seems to be floundering a lot lately. Keeps burning through assistants who he's always throwing under the bus. Football is king at USC and it's an open check for them.

So there you go. USC cares and puts in the effort.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a shame about Oregon's class being impacted by the scandals with the new staff. If only they could have overcome such indignities and signed a good class with some talent.