• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, on the one hand, it's good to have most of the production coming back. On the other hand, that production resulted in a 4-8 record.

It'll be interesting to see how those guys respond to the new coaching staff. If they can turn that around and go 7-5 or 8-4 and a solid mid tier bowl game, that would be a great start for that staff and show they got the kids to buy in.
IIRC the Ducks were fairly young this past season and that youth got taken advantage of quite regularly. I have high hopes Taggart and co. will put them back on the right path. I'd be more than happy with a 7-5 and mid tier bowl. Especially if the returning players have show they learned from their mistakes and showed up every week.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the Ducks were fairly young this past season and that youth got taken advantage of quite regularly. I have high hopes Taggart and co. will put them back on the right path. I'd be more than happy with a 7-5 and mid tier bowl. Especially if the returning players have show they learned from their mistakes and showed up every week.

Them being young is a good thing. They will probably have an easier time accepting the new staff.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them being young is a good thing. They will probably have an easier time accepting the new staff.
Yeah, hopefully they can get the boys to buy in fully early on and stay the course all year long.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, on the one hand, it's good to have most of the production coming back. On the other hand, that production resulted in a 4-8 record.

It'll be interesting to see how those guys respond to the new coaching staff. If they can turn that around and go 7-5 or 8-4 and a solid mid tier bowl game, that would be a great start for that staff and show they got the kids to buy in.
6 - 6 for Oregon would not only be a two win improvement but it would also mean bowl game for them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 - 6 for Oregon would not only be a two win improvement but it would also mean bowl game for them.

Agree. I think if the problem was talent, then 6-6 and a bowl game would be a good start. But if the problem was the coaching staff, then they should be able to do a little better.

Their schedule sets up pretty well also. They avoid USC and Colorado and the only P5 team they play in OOC is Nebraska.

They do have a tough 4 game stretch of @Stanford, @UCLA, Utah and @Washington that will likely decide their season though.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon flipped anther Arizona commit. 3* OT Cody Shear from Sheldon high (in Eugene, same hs as QB Herbert)
offers from Arizona, Georgia Tech, Oregon State, Purdue, Virginia, WSU and a slew of group of 5 schools

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I think if the problem was talent, then 6-6 and a bowl game would be a good start. But if the problem was the coaching staff, then they should be able to do a little better.

Their schedule sets up pretty well also. They avoid USC and Colorado and the only P5 team they play in OOC is Nebraska.

They do have a tough 4 game stretch of @Stanford, @UCLA, Utah and @Washington that will likely decide their season though.
it wouldn't surprise me for Oregon to start hot with like 4 or 5 wins in the first 5 then drop 5 in the middle before closing with a win or 2

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another new add for Oregon today 3* Safety Billy Gibson Offers included Miami, Nebraska, Syracuse

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldn't surprise me for Oregon to start hot with like 4 or 5 wins in the first 5 then drop 5 in the middle before closing with a win or 2

If you guys go 2-2 in that 4 game stretch, that would be pretty impressive, imo.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 14 of Stanford's commits have signed along with 3 preferred walk-ons. Fun to see the kids of guys I went to school with signing with the school.

Stanford is limited on scholarships every 4 years. Next year should be a 20+ class instead of a 15 or less class like this year and 2013.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No drama for the Huskies on signing day as usual with Petersen.

A nice surprise is that 3-star DE/LB Jordan Lolohea (SLC, Utah) committed to the Huskies this morning. He'll be taking his LDS mission for 2 years so he'll be joining the team in 2019, but Utah was trying really hard to get him, so nice future get for the Dawgs.

With that, appears the Huskies will be re-cracking the top 20 at the end of the day.

WR/TE was probably the top priority for this class and we knocked it out of the park in that dept. Husky offense is in great shape for the future with this class.

After a late visit to UCLA by WR Ty Jones which had many worried after the shit USC pulled on us, at least nothing came of that and he signed to the Huskies today.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 30 years ago, John Cooper went away from the Kush/Rogers recruiting Cali-focused doctrine for Texas players. A few years later, he left, ASU's DC Marmie took over and the program wasn't competitive again for a decade. They just didn't have the players anymore.

This year Todd Graham just got shut out in California. Not a single one while he continues to lose too much of the upper crust of the in state crop. That's unthinkable for ASU and would normally be regarded as an unmitigated disaster. The ratings won't say it and by some measure this small class has a fairly high recruit quality, but the inability to land and what's worse, apparent disinterest in getting California recruits is pretty damning. I think his days are numbered and whoever replaces him is going to have to have some serious SoCal contacts to repair the damage. They've basically let fully-developed pipelines disappear. I can't imagine he'll be retained without at least a 9 win season in 2017.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* Austin Jackson signs with USC

Wiz you called it
Well to be fair the scouts called it. Word was he made them aware a couple of days ago.

No doubt USC finished with a strong class.

I hate the team rankings when they don't normalize for differing class sizes. USC will finish first on all lists, but Stanford had a better class, but with a lot fewer actual kids. Didn't they end up with like 4 of the top 10 kids in many lists? Certainly no one had a better OL class in the country.

If Stanford can get high production out of their QB and find a serviceable replacement for McCaffrey they are going to be bouncing right back to the danger they have been.

UCLA also had a hell of a class so the south isn't just USC loading up for bear and 7 other stepping stones. If they can ever get their shit together they have talent and depth to give the trojans a good fight.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair the scouts called it. Word was he made them aware a couple of days ago.

No doubt USC finished with a strong class.

I hate the team rankings when they don't normalize for differing class sizes. USC will finish first on all lists, but Stanford had a better class, but with a lot fewer actual kids. Didn't they end up with like 4 of the top 10 kids in many lists? Certainly no one had a better OL class in the country.

If Stanford can get high production out of their QB and find a serviceable replacement for McCaffrey they are going to be bouncing right back to the danger they have been.

UCLA also had a hell of a class so the south isn't just USC loading up for bear and 7 other stepping stones. If they can ever get their shit together they have talent and depth to give the trojans a good fight.
Stanford does have a good class. But they lose their whole offense in Mccaffery. Not seeing difference makers at the skill positions.They lose bug studs on the line and replace them with more big studs. They got better on units they were already good at. USC got the skill players and O linemen to replace the ones they lost but where they totally scored is the D line and saftey spots. To units that were not up to par and now the future looks good.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford does have a good class. But they lose their whole offense in Mccaffery. Not seeing difference makers at the skill positions.They lose bug studs on the line and replace them with more big studs. They got better on units they were already good at. USC got the skill players and O linemen to replace the ones they lost but where they totally scored is the D line and saftey spots. To units that were not up to par and now the future looks good.

Yes but, we have all learned in the past, don't ever doubt Shaw and his coaching abilities.....