• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy/boring OOC and most of the meat on the schedule both at home, and later in the season.

Lots of time to get the younger kids up to speed and keep developing Jake and the pieces around him.

No reason to expect less than 10 wins.
And on a good note for the Huskies, they don't play USC this coming season.

Last edited:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on a good note for the Huskies, they don't play USC this coming season.
Well, if they don't, I hope it's cuz usc shit themselves on the way to the conference championship, not the Huskies...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they don't, I hope it's cuz usc shit themselves on the way to the conference championship, not the Huskies...
:pound::pound::pound: You're right, but I was talking about USC beating the Huskies in Seattle this past season.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @Ducks trying to defend Huskies. The chances that you are going to play a competitive team when you schedule the likes of Texas and Notre Dame are far greater than when you schedule teams like Rutgers and Fresno St.

How would you like to go into the season knowing that you HAVE to go undefeated to get a spot in the College Football +1? Huskies will have serious pressure on themselves next year and I bet it will wear on them.

SC can drop one and still make it. I mean, the AP ended them at #3 with 3 losses. SC will get the benefit of any doubt.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @Ducks trying to defend Huskies. The chances that you are going to play a competitive team when you schedule the likes of Texas and Notre Dame are far greater than when you schedule teams like Rutgers and Fresno St.

Well lets hope the mighty condoms can make it through that "competitive schedule" so they can show the Dawgs how to play competitive football in the conference championship game!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not denying that. just saying schedules are made in advance and Rutgers coming off 8 wins when UW was doing likewise wasn't a horrible scheduling the way people try to make it.
the fact that they went in opposite directions in the last few years just happened

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has hired a special teams coach that completes their staff for the major spots. Raymond woodie who was the D coordinator for taggart at USF.

Side note Woodie has a Dual threat QB son for the class of 19 who already has offers from Michigan State, VT and USC

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets hope the mighty condoms can make it through that "competitive schedule" so they can show the Dawgs how to play competitive football in the conference championship game!
Well USC beat the Dogs in Seattle this past season, so I don't see why USC can't beat then in the 2017 PAC 12 CG.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you like to go into the season knowing that you HAVE to go undefeated to get a spot in the College Football +1? Huskies will have serious pressure on themselves next year and I bet it will wear on them.

SC can drop one and still make it. I mean, the AP ended them at #3 with 3 losses. SC will get the benefit of any doubt.
If USC wins the 2017 PAC 12 and loses one game like the Huskies did this past season, then USC will most likely be in the 4 team playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?!? USC made the NC game twice during the Pete Carroll era. We had to go unbeaten both times to get there. Every other season, we had at least 1 loss and didn't get in. We were told "Win all of your games and your in.

Spare me the "What if you need to go undefeated to get in?" excuse. Doesn't fly and didn't change our scheduling.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We already showed you how this past season in your house. If you didn't learn then, it may be too late already. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not denying that. just saying schedules are made in advance and Rutgers coming off 8 wins when UW was doing likewise wasn't a horrible scheduling the way people try to make it.
the fact that they went in opposite directions in the last few years just happened

Yes, it was horrible. I don't care if Rutgers was coming off of an unbeaten season. It's still Rutgers and the chances that they will suck by the time the game is actually played is much better than the chance they will actually be competitive.

Just happened? Yes, because Rutgers has always been a powerhouse. :pound:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well USC beat the Dogs in Seattle this past season, so I don't see why USC can't beat then in the 2017 PAC 12 CG.
Yeah, and Oregon beat UW the prior year in our house and how did it work out this year at their place? :L

Point is, you can't know future results based on last years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and Oregon beat UW the prior year in our house and how did it work out this year at their place? :L

right look at Utah and Oregon the last 2 seasons

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn good point. You're right the 2017 season is a new season. The PAC will be a tough conference this year. My point was that the Huskies don't have to travel to Los Angeles to play USC this year. That could benefit both teams.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? USC made the NC game twice during the Pete Carroll era. We had to go unbeaten both times to get there. Every other season, we had at least 1 loss and didn't get in. We were told "Win all of your games and your in.

Spare me the "What if you need to go undefeated to get in?" excuse. Doesn't fly and didn't change our scheduling.
But 4 teams make it now...