• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like USCs OOC schedule is anything to bust a nut over.

Western Michigan
Donghorns who just fired their coach
And ND who were an absolute dumpster fire.

Congrats. :clap:

When you schedule Texas in 2010. You might play a decent team. Whats Washington excuse for scheduling Montana. Notre dame tanked last season but it's usually a good team and has been to the NCG in the 2000s when the last time Washington has?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hard. Both your trams play Notre Dame when everyone else is playing conference games, so it makes sense that the easiest way to set the schedule is to play eachother while everyone else is playing non conference games. Is that really a difficult concept?

Thanks for a normal answer. I asked my question because both have been playing ND for many years and only in the past three have they ended up playing each other so early. Just wondering whats changed. We play them every year , I'm just wondering why in the second game when your team doesnt' play a conference foe till the fourth game for a second year. Just wondering.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for a normal answer. I asked my question because both have been playing ND for many years and only in the past three have they ended up playing each other so early. Just wondering whats changed. We play them every year , I'm just wondering why in the second game when your team doesnt' play a conference foe till the fourth game for a second year. Just wondering.
I have no idea, but if I had to guess, you guys don't play eachother every year anymore, so when you do its probably just easier to set that game during non conference time, since you both have a date already filled later in the year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea, but if I had to guess, you guys don't play eachother every year anymore, so when you do its probably just easier to set that game during non conference time, since you both have a date already filled later in the year.

Pretty sure we have to play Stanford every year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey about Browning. One of you said his elbow , the article said shoulder. Was is both? Was he hurt for the last games of the season?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when the pac split , one of the things was that USC had to still play Stanford every year.
Well, to get back to topic, grass is always greener is suppose. You complain about having to play Stanford early, we point out that it's probably because you also play ND every year, and you rip our shitty OOC schedule. It's not like we like it, I think I can speak for all of us when I say we look forward to getting through next year, which is the last of the sark/Woodward era schedules so we can hopefully improve in that regard (looking good so far). And with that you're not gonna get much sympathy from us for having to play Stanford and ND every year. Now that things are looking up for us, it'd be nice to have a couple games built into the schedule so whether our schedule strength is good enough isn't something we have to worry, or even think about.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey about Browning. One of you said his elbow , the article said shoulder. Was is both? Was he hurt for the last games of the season?
What I've seen said elbow. And it sounds like he was hurt those last games after ASU.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to get back to topic, grass is always greener is suppose. You complain about having to play Stanford early, we point out that it's probably because you also play ND every year, and you rip our shitty OOC schedule. It's not like we like it, I think I can speak for all of us when I say we look forward to getting through next year, which is the last of the sark/Woodward era schedules so we can hopefully improve in that regard (looking good so far). And with that you're not gonna get much sympathy from us for having to play Stanford and ND every year. Now that things are looking up for us, it'd be nice to have a couple games built into the schedule so whether our schedule strength is good enough isn't something we have to worry, or even think about.

Like I said I didn't write the article. lol. That's just their opinion on both teams schedules.
I didn't and don't expect any sympathy. USC lost to Rutgers a few years back so you could have shot back with that. It's nice to get a little bitching in during the off season. Keeps us in mid season form. lol

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I didn't write the article. lol. That's just their opinion on both teams schedules.
I didn't and don't expect any sympathy. USC lost to Rutgers a few years back so you could have shot back with that. It's nice to get a little bitching in during the off season. Keeps us in mid season form. lol
I'm gonna be totally honest here, I came in late and didn't even know this conversation started about an article.

:mamba:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've seen said elbow. And it sounds like he was hurt those last games after ASU.

Thats odd if true. Then why shut down the running game against USC too soon if your QB has a bum shoulder or elbow?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be totally honest here, I came in late and didn't even know this conversation started about an article.

:mamba:

Pac-12 schedule sets up well for Washington, is brutal for USC
Washington's schedule sets the Huskies up for a repeat CFB Playoff run. But about those trendy USC Trojans ...
6_5033526.jpg

(Photo: USA TODAY Sports)

The Washington Huskies surpassed many preseason projections in their march to the College Football Playoff this past season. With the release of the 2017 Pac-12 schedule Wednesday, the Huskies are in the pole position for a repeat run.

Washington rode an accessible early-season schedule to a 9-0 start in 2016, and things line up just as well in 2017, especially when you compare its path to that of Stanford and USC.

A year after the Huskies went through the non-conference death trap of Rutgers, Idaho and Portland State, they’ll travel to Rutgers while hosting Montana and Fresno State. Rutgers finished 2-10 a year ago, Fresno State 1-11 and Montana is a FCS school.

That’s a guaranteed 3-0 start for Washington, which will return 14 starters off a team that won the Pac-12.

In conference play, the Huskies will miss USC – the only Pac-12 team to beat them a year ago – from the South division.

It’ll have to travel to Colorado to open conference play, but the Buffaloes, which fell to Washington 41-10 in the Pac-12 title game, lose their starting quarterback and eight starters from one of the nation’s top defenses.

The toughest test on the schedule will come Friday, Nov. 10 when Washington travels to Stanford – the same week the Huskies lost to the Trojans in 2016 – before hosting Utah and Washington State to end the season.

That’s a reasonable schedule to navigate, especially if you don't consider a potential matchup with USC in the Pac-12 title game.

For perspective, compare Washington’s road to the conference’s other two top contenders, Stanford and USC.

The Trojans, considered a Top 5 team entering 2016, will have to move through that schedule without a bye. Twelve weeks, 12 games for USC

USC’s non-conference schedule is made up of Western Michigan (13-1 in 2016), Texas (one of the nation’s most talented teams) and a road game with Notre Dame — like Texas, talented and coming off a down year. It will also have to travel to Colorado and Washington State, a pair of Top 25 teams from a year ago.

That’s not even counting a Week 2 matchup with Stanford, an early-season in-conference clash that could have significant conference title game implications.

As for the Cardinal, their non-conference schedule is a trip to Rice (a likely win) to San Diego State (the Mountain West champion) and a home game with Notre Dame. Stanford also will travel to Utah and Washington State.

It’s an easier stretch than what the Trojans will deal with, especially with a bye at the Week 8 mark, but they still have to navigate more than the Huskies.

USC will go through a brutal road and Stanford a difficult one. Washington, thanks to another soft non-conference lineup, has the most forgiving path once again.

Author

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats odd if true. Then why shut down the running game against USC too soon if your QB has a bum shoulder or elbow?
I think he was hurt during ASU, which was the following week. But still a valid question.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was hurt during ASU, which was the following week. But still a valid question.
Maybe he didn't say anything for a while. You guys were rolling and I'd think you could win being run heavy for those games knowing you might be playing for a bigger prize later.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol at USC fans bitching about their schedule when they get an extra week off before the CCG. Talk about unfair, you get twice as long to prepare for that game as whoever you are facing? :L So your 'bye' week will come right before shit gets real, when it might be most beneficial.

Yeah, really sucks to be SC.

extra week off before the championship game? when did USC play in that?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bye week for my Trojans. But if we make the CCG, we'll have an extra week to prepare.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like USCs OOC schedule is anything to bust a nut over.

Western Michigan
Donghorns who lost to Kansas and fired their coach
And ND who were an absolute dumpster fire.

Congrats. :clap:

Western Michigan just finished an unbeaten regular season and finished in the top 25. Texas is traditionally a good program as is Notre Dame who also happen to be long time rivals.

The current state of the Texas and Notre Dame programs are not USC's fault.

However, scheduling the likes of Rutgers, Montana (an FCS school) and Fresno St. isn't even trying to have a decent OOC schedule. Heck, if you guys can figure out how to get one of those games in November, you'd qualify for the SEC.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when the pac split , one of the things was that USC had to still play Stanford every year.
all 4 California schools always play eachother.
all 4 PNW schools play 1 of the LA schools.
They always play the bay area schools 1 home and 1 away every year.
LA school alternate so the PNW schools get at least 1 game in California every year and 2 sometimes.
Oregon and Washington get UCLA in years that OSU and WSU play USC

2015 home vs Cal, @Stanford, home vs USC 1 in cali
2016 last year Oregon played @ Cal and @ USC but home vs Stanford. 2 in cali
2017 home vs Cal, @ Stanford, and @ UCLA 2 in cali
my guess for 2018 is @ Cal, home vs Stanford and home vs UCLA

based on this i always thought it would make sense for the PNW schools to try and get series where they go to Fresno and San Diego State in their 1 Cali seasons.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Michigan just finished an unbeaten regular season and finished in the top 25. Texas is traditionally a good program as is Notre Dame who also happen to be long time rivals.

The current state of the Texas and Notre Dame programs are not USC's fault.

However, scheduling the likes of Rutgers, Montana (an FCS school) and Fresno St. isn't even trying to have a decent OOC schedule. Heck, if you guys can figure out how to get one of those games in November, you'd qualify for the SEC.

So the current state of USC's bookings = Not USC's fault
Current state of Washington bookings = Washington's fault

Got it. :thumb: