• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2011 Other Scores Thread

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU has the tie breaker over Cincy and I believe that Cincy lost their quarterback yesterday.

Good to know.. I can't physically cheer for WVU due to my hatred towards them.. but I would like them in the Orange Bowl over Cinci.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I just thought that applied to bowl games.

Conference championship games are considered post-season and that is the terminology of USC's ban, not just a bowl ban.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UVA wins next week they will be ranked going into our match up with them.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing the AP doesnt count in the bcs formula. we are 7 in the usa today which is what matters in the formula

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech is sitting at ninth in the AP. Also of note is that zero Big Least teams are ranked.

College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com
That really sucks because of the BCS rules we have talked about previously. With Boise only dropping to around 10 they could conceivably still be in the BCS top 16 and get an auto bid if Houston loses. Then again, TCU is undefeated in the MWC conference and i the driver's seat. Wouldn't they (BSU) have to win the MWC as well to be elegible for a BCS bid?? We need to be rooting for Tulsa vs. Houston in a couple weeks in a big way...

good thing the AP doesnt count in the bcs formula. we are 7 in the usa today which is what matters in the formula

Oddly enough. It is a long, long, LONG shot. But there is a scenario that is not completely impossible where I think VT could play for a NCG. (I know quit laughing). Very unlikely but everyone ahead of us in the BCS has one or more games against ranked or formidable foes that they could drop. This assuming LSU still wins out.

2) OK St.--OK., Big 12 CG
3) Bama--Iron Bowl vs. Auburn
4)Ok--vs. #25 Baylor
4) Oregon--vs. USC or P12 CG
5) Arkansas--vs. Miss. St and LSU (we will pass them)
6) Stanford--vs. ND (may pass these guys if we cont. winning as well)
7) Clemson--ACCCG with us??

If bama was to drop another and there was a two loss PAC12 AND Big12 champ..I think the ACC champ would get in..long shot I know..but not completely impossible..Only one in a million

As Lloyd Christmas would say..."So you are saying there is a chance??"..:clap2:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't they (BSU) have to win the MWC as well to be elegible for a BCS bid??

No. As long as they are the highest ranked non-AQ team and either in the top 12 or top 16 + ahead of AQ champ, they'll get in. Nothing about having to win the conference.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really sucks because of the BCS rules we have talked about previously. With Boise only dropping to around 10 they could conceivably still be in the BCS top 16 and get an auto bid if Houston loses. Then again, TCU is undefeated in the MWC conference and i the driver's seat. Wouldn't they (BSU) have to win the MWC as well to be elegible for a BCS bid?? We need to be rooting for Tulsa vs. Houston in a couple weeks in a big way...

Oddly enough. It is a long, long, LONG shot. But there is a scenario that is not completely impossible where I think VT could play for a NCG. (I know quit laughing). Very unlikely but everyone ahead of us in the BCS has one or more games against ranked or formidable foes that they could drop. This assuming LSU still wins out.

2) OK St.--OK., Big 12 CG
3) Bama--Iron Bowl vs. Auburn
4)Ok--vs. #25 Baylor
4) Oregon--vs. USC or P12 CG
5) Arkansas--vs. Miss. St and LSU (we will pass them)
6) Stanford--vs. ND (may pass these guys if we cont. winning as well)
7) Clemson--ACCCG with us??

If bama was to drop another and there was a two loss PAC12 AND Big12 champ..I think the ACC champ would get in..long shot I know..but not completely impossible..Only one in a million

As Lloyd Christmas would say..."So you are saying there is a chance??"..:clap2:

theres no big 12 cg anymore. only 10 teams

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. As long as they are the highest ranked non-AQ team and either in the top 12 or top 16 + ahead of AQ champ, they'll get in. Nothing about having to win the conference.

That is unacceptable IMO

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is unacceptable IMO

Correction, you were indeed right. I missed the first part of the following:

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are #8 in the bcs, clemson is #7. we are above both boise and stanford. if we and clemson win out, we will both likely be in the top 6, if not top 5 with all the head to head matchups ahead of us.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very strong likelihood that one of those teams will get an auto since TCU will more than likely end up in the top 16 and Houston seems to be a good enough team to win their last two. We can all thank the big east for sucking so badly and guaranteeing this scenario to play out.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, You are probably right Chrish. TCU has a couple cupcakes and the only way I believe a non-AQ doesn't get an auto bid is if TCU AND Houston were to lose. There are a number of two loss teams ahead of TCU that will at some point lose again (12-18), mainly Big 10 teams, plus a couple of SEC East teams. They can't all win the conference...Looks like its Orange Bowl or nothing for the ACC.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson deciding playing well in the beginning of games is overrated. Down 17-3 to NC State. Turnovers killing them just like last week. We'll see if they can come back to keep the hope of a big ACC championship game alive.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is looking like a shitty high school team out there today. Screwing up everything!

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is looking like a shitty high school team out there today. Screwing up everything!

God i wish we hadn't played them so early. Our teams are going in completely opposite directions now

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God i wish we hadn't played them so early. Our teams are going in completely opposite directions now

Well looks like a top 4-6 matchup in the ACCCG is out. Clemson is getting straight up taken behind the woodshed. This hurts what faint little chance we had to get by another 1 loss team in the NC picture...Oh well, Orange Bowl vs. WVU is starting to sound good (with Cinci losin today)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well looks like a top 4-6 matchup in the ACCCG is out. Clemson is getting straight up taken behind the woodshed. This hurts what faint little chance we had to get by another 1 loss team in the NC picture...Oh well, Orange Bowl vs. WVU is starting to sound good (with Cinci losin today)

agree 100% was just about to post basically the same thing.