• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the mixon video

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the whole reason Christ died on the cross was to forgive us our sins and to give us a second chance, and if you are Catholic, a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. chance.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4546168.jpg

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The video is pretty damning. Before I saw it, I was pretty indifferent on the deal because as is usually the case with these situations, there was a lot of he-said-she-said. Once I saw the video, my mind completely changed. He was 100% the aggressor and walking piece of shit. Or maybe a running piece of shit.

The story from Mixon's side is that he was confronting her for calling him and his friend racial slurs.

Everyone is going to have a visceral reaction to the video. But it was years ago and I don't think he should be unable to hold a job or lead a normal life because of one incident the week of his his 18th birthday.
He's going to be scrutinized for it and rightfully so. But I'm willing to see if he's capable of putting it behind him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story from Mixon's side is that he was confronting her for calling him and his friend racial slurs.

He backed off that. Allegedly, she blew smoke in his face.

Regardless, I don't give a shit what she did. His reaction betrays the fact that he's a piece of shit.

I've never said he shouldn't be drafted and I haven't said anything negative about the bengals for signing him. That said, I think it'd have been funny as hell if he hadn't been drafted, but I knew he would. If you're really good at playing football, you can get away with a whole lot of shit.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He backed off that. Allegedly, she blew smoke in his face.

Regardless, I don't give a shit what she did. His reaction betrays the fact that he's a piece of shit.

I've never said he shouldn't be drafted and I haven't said anything negative about the bengals for signing him. That said, I think it'd have been funny as hell if he hadn't been drafted, but I knew he would. If you're really good at playing football, you can get away with a whole lot of shit.
Fair enough. I don't know him personally so I don't have an opinion on him one way or the other.

The act itself was horrible but he's been punished. There should be a zero tolerance policy from the organization on his behavior while he's under contract with the team. There probably won't be.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The act itself was horrible but he's been punished.

I guess there's where I have the problem. I think he was charged with a misdemeanor, did some community service, was basically redshirted for a year and kept his scholarship. Had it been an average student at OU, how do you think his punishment would compare? What if he wasn't even a student, just an 18yo in Norman?

Also, I saw some interviews with him from last season where he didn't seem very remorseful, if at all. He didn't start saying things that indicated remorse until the video was released and people started talking about his draft stock plummeting. Honestly, I think the only things he's sorry about is that it was on video and the video was released.

That said, I hope he turns it around and learns from this and never caves in a woman's skull again.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess there's where I have the problem. I think he was charged with a misdemeanor, did some community service, was basically redshirted for a year and kept his scholarship. Had it been an average student at OU, how do you think his punishment would compare? What if he wasn't even a student, just an 18yo in Norman?

Also, I saw some interviews with him from last season where he didn't seem very remorseful, if at all. He didn't start saying things that indicated remorse until the video was released and people started talking about his draft stock plummeting. Honestly, I think the only things he's sorry about is that it was on video and the video was released.

That said, I hope he turns it around and learns from this and never caves in a woman's skull again.

I didn't see his non-remorseful interview so I can only go by what I saw this weekend and I think it's had a profound impact on his life.
I think a year away from football, losing millions of dollars in draft status, the civil suit he has to pay and the public humiliation were fitting.
If anything I'd say his prominent role as a football player made this situation worse for him than it would have been for a random student.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I'd say his prominent role as a football player made this situation worse for him than it would have been for a random student.

Wow. Interesting take.

I think he'd probably done some time if he weren't a football star. Most definitely would have been kicked out of OU instead of having a scholarship.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. Interesting take.

I think he'd probably done some time if he weren't a football star. Most definitely would have been kicked out of OU instead of having a scholarship.

When I was in college close to 20 years ago there were plenty of altercations on campus. I don't remember anyone being expelled or doing jail time. They're kids, there's usually alcohol involved and the goal wasn't to ruin anyone's life. As far as Mixon maintaining his scholarship I would guess that's up to his coach and AD.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video is pretty damning. Before I saw it, I was pretty indifferent on the deal because as is usually the case with these situations, there was a lot of he-said-she-said. Once I saw the video, my mind completely changed. He was 100% the aggressor and walking piece of shit. Or maybe a running piece of shit.
He was in the wrong, but she hit him and spit on him. He finished it, but she was the aggressor.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in college close to 20 years ago there were plenty of altercations on campus. I don't remember anyone being expelled or doing jail time. They're kids, there's usually alcohol involved and the goal wasn't to ruin anyone's life. As far as Mixon maintaining his scholarship I would guess that's up to his coach and AD.

"altercations"

Lolz

You remember an altercation when you were in college where a large man pursued, found and and preceded to literally cave a woman's skull in?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in the wrong, but she hit him and spit on him. He finished it, but she was the aggressor.

I can only imagine that you're ESL and don't fully understand the meanings of the words you've used.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Interesting take.

I can tell you, a normal student doesn't have to deal with nearly as much. I knew a guy who was friends with my roomate at college who decked a girl at a frat party. He got put on probation and academic probation. That was it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you, a normal student doesn't have to deal with nearly as much. I knew a guy who was friends with my roomate at college who decked a girl at a frat party. He got put on probation and academic probation. That was it.

Pretty anecdotal.

Without knowing the extent of the girls's injury, or if the assault was filmed, I'm not sure if there's much comparison.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also don't know him as a person so you have no idea what he is.

He's the type of person that would KO a chick, so there's that.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I graduated in 09, so somewhat recently, and can tell you that I assuredly would have been suspended for at least a semester, likely kicked out of school for doing the same thing. If she was another student, I'd give myself no chance.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the school. If she was a student, at VT you'd go into some 'honor court' hearing, and especially with that video, would have almost zero chance to stay in school.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"altercations"

Lolz

You remember an altercation when you were in college where a large man pursued, found and and preceded to literally cave a woman's skull in?

Do you keep up with the news? There are physical and sexual assaults of women at all campuses - And some of our prestigious universities have some of the biggest issues..... You think all these kids are getting tossed out of school?