• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the mixon video

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The truth about Ray Rice is that his career was ended because his production was down. Nobody wanted to take the PR gamble on a guy that didn't have a good year before getting caught on tape. The same isn't true for Mixon - He's a big time talent. The idea, floated by Schefter and the media, that only 4 teams would take him is absolutely ludicrous..... I'm guessing that about 25 or more teams would have taken him if he would have dropped another few rounds.

Rice was 27 and one season removed from the probowl. That incident is definitely what ended his career. I do agree that if he had more upside or if he played a premium position a team probably takes the PR hit to sign him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice was 27 and one season removed from the probowl. That incident is definitely what ended his career. I do agree that if he had more upside or if he played a premium position a team probably takes the PR hit to sign him.
If he hadn't been absolute shit when that happened he get's signed, but he was horrible.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he hadn't been absolute shit when that happened he get's signed, but he was horrible.
Again, he was one year removed from a probowl.
Is the argument that he was on the verge of getting cut and never playing a down of football in the league again if that incident wasn't caught on tape? Otherwise it's clearly what ended his career.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he was one year removed from a probowl.
Is the argument that he was on the verge of getting cut and never playing a down of football in the league again if that incident wasn't caught on tape? Otherwise it's clearly what ended his career.
I think the Ravens were debating cutting him and someone may have given him a shot, but with his already bad play he wasn't worth it. Had he not played like a worse Jeremy Hill the year before he get's signed regardless.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Ravens were debating cutting him and someone may have given him a shot, but with his already bad play he wasn't worth it. Had he not played like a worse Jeremy Hill the year before he get's signed regardless.
This is complete revisionist history.

He was a 27 year old perennial probowl player who was coming off of a down year. Another bad season and it's a trend and maybe his career is in jeopardy.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is complete revisionist history.

He was a 27 year old perennial probowl player who was coming off of a down year. Another bad season and it's a trend and maybe his career is in jeopardy.
Everyone at the time knew his career was already in jeopardy,.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone at the time knew his career was already in jeopardy,.

Can you give any examples of perennial probowl players who were considered among the best at their position over the course of their entire career playing their last down of football at 26 years old because of one bad season? Literally one player and I'll entertain it as a possibility.

Realistically if he struggled again in 2014 he would have lost his starting job and then would have been forced into a paycut.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you give any examples of perennial probowl players who were considered among the best at their position over the course of their entire career playing their last down of football at 26 years old because of one bad season? Literally one player and I'll entertain it as a possibility.

Realistically if he struggled again in 2014 he would have lost his starting job and then would have been forced into a paycut.
You clearly don't remember that time. All the talks were of the Ravens cutting him before that happened.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea, floated by Schefter and the media, that only 4 teams would take him is absolutely ludicrous..... I'm guessing that about 25 or more teams would have taken him if he would have dropped another few rounds.

I heard him say that too. That's complete bullshit. If the Bengals passed on him, he would've gone in the next few picks afterward. A team like the Packers would've taken him and been praised by the media. All the talk that GMs were on record saying he was off their boards was lip service. It's all optics.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Chris Henry jumped out of a moving truck and died? Head cases don't just clear up. Good luck to him, but there's a reason he didn't go to the Pats, Cowboys or Steelers, and instead went to the Bengals.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Remember when Chris Henry jumped out of a moving truck and died? Head cases don't just clear up. Good luck to him, but there's a reason he didn't go to the Pats, Cowboys or Steelers, and instead went to the Bengals.
The Pats drafted Aaron Hernandez with his well known off field issues and the Cowboys take as many red flagged players as the Bengals. They drafted... Dez Bryant, Randy Gregory.. they signed Greg Hardy and PacMan Jones..
It's a tired narrative in general and all 3 teams you picked are bad examples.
What Mixon did was terrible but he also had the misfortune of it being caught on tape and leaked to the media 2 yrs later.

Every draft pick is about risk/reward. Mixon deserves a 2 chance and some team in the NFL was going to give it to him if the Bengals didn't.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people grow up. some later than others. I wonder what was said during incident. He was definitely provoked. Personally, I was about 30 before I stopped doing stupid shat

Just out of curiosity, did your "stupid shat" include caving in women's skulls?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, maybe the Cowboys are a bad example.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people acting like this incident happened 2 weeks go?

This is just a guess, but it might be because he was just taken in the second round of the NFL draft.

If I'm way off base with that, forgive me.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he got drafted by the Patriots, Steelers or Cowboys they would be praising the move. All we'd hear is how great those organizations are and how their winning tradition would rub off on him and blah blah blah.

I disagree with you here. I think a large amount of controversy would follow Mixon to whatever team might have drafted him.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers employ this asshole as a COACH! Lets not pretend they're choir boys.

Joey_Porter_Fined_Pacman_Jones_Penalty_Bengals_Steelers_Playoffs.jpg

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a guess, but it might be because he was just taken in the second round of the NFL draft.

If I'm way off base with that, forgive me.

You are way off base actually, but I applaud your effort to try and be funny.

I understand that people are talking about him and the incident because he was drafted in the second round of the draft.

The question was why are people acting the like incident happened 2 weeks ago, when it happened almost 3 years ago?