• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the mixon video

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are way off base actually, but I applaud your effort to try and be funny.

I understand that people are talking about him and the incident because he was drafted in the second round of the draft.

The question was why are people acting the like incident happened 2 weeks ago, when it happened almost 3 years ago?

I'm more interested in knowing whether this reported parking ticket incident happened. It's not a big infraction, but it's a possible sign that he still has some maturity issues that will be tested in Cincinnati.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that people are talking about him and the incident because he was drafted in the second round of the draft.

The question was why are people acting the like incident happened 2 weeks ago, when it happened almost 3 years ago?

I don't think anyone is acting like it happened two weeks ago -- at least I haven't seen it.

The video wasn't released until last fall, so although the incident took place years ago, the public didn't get a full understanding of what a piece of shit Mixon is until six months ago or so.

I'd even bet that a lot of people saw the video for the first time as a result of the NFL draft coverage, so it's brand new for them.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, maybe the Cowboys are a bad example.
The Steelers also love players who smoke weed and let's not act like the guys they draft are brilliant.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in knowing whether this reported parking ticket incident happened. It's not a big infraction, but it's a possible sign that he still has some maturity issues that will be tested in Cincinnati.

It did. I read an article about it. I'd seek it out and post a link, but I just don't care enough.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you here. I think a large amount of controversy would follow Mixon to whatever team might have drafted him.
I love that the likely Browns fan complains while his team also drafted a guy who punched a woman.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that the likely Browns fan complains while his team also drafted a guy who punched a woman.

I'm not an NFL fan.

I'm also not complaining about anything. I've not said one cross word about the Bengals signing Mixon, just that he's a piece of shit, which he is.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an NFL fan.

I'm also not complaining about anything. I've not said one cross word about the Bengals signing Mixon, just that he's a piece of shit, which he is.
You also don't know him as a person so you have no idea what he is.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you didn't see the video. You should watch it - it's eye-opening.
I've seen it. People make mistakes and do stupid things. Doesn't make them a bad person, just means they fucked up.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wvtmoi.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it. People make mistakes and do stupid things. Doesn't make them a bad person, just means they fucked up.

Yeah, I suppose.

When I see a video of a big dude who goes into a shop with the sole purpose of physically confronting a woman a fraction of his size and the deal ends up with the broad's skull caved in, I'm good with labeling that dude a piece of shit. I don't care how nice he is to his grandma.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The video hit the media about 6 months ago. It went from a bad skeleton in a top draft picks closet to a national outrage. It's the Ray Rice effect.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people grow up. some later than others. I wonder what was said during incident. He was definitely provoked. Personally, I was about 30 before I stopped doing stupid shat

I still do stupid, pretty well too.
Never hit a woman though. Stupid is not the word for that kind of action.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video hit the media about 6 months ago. It went from a bad skeleton in a top draft picks closet to a national outrage. It's the Ray Rice effect.

The video is pretty damning. Before I saw it, I was pretty indifferent on the deal because as is usually the case with these situations, there was a lot of he-said-she-said. Once I saw the video, my mind completely changed. He was 100% the aggressor and walking piece of shit. Or maybe a running piece of shit.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone
Cincinnati TV station urges boycott of Bengals

LOL! Like anyone gives a fuck about WCPO.... Or what they have to say.

Everyone wants to be an activist now a days. I suppose none of the people over at the tv station have never f'd up bad enough they don't need a second chance in life to pursue their goals. I mean, if Jesus can forgive us for the miserable pieces of crap that we are, why can't another fallible human being who has made more than a few mistakes in their life give someone else a second chance? I am sure if the shoe was on the other foot, they would appreciate a chance to start new. I don't think anyone is saying forget he ever did this and give him a free pass. But doesn't on average, everyone deserve a chance to right their wrongs in some other way that benefits the human race?

Granted, being a professional athlete may earn him a few bonuses the average person doesn't get, but it also gives him considerably more unwanted attention the average person doesn't get. I would think that Joe Mixon the person can do more good in the community and help teach a lesson on a public platform like the NFL than he can do as an entry level position at some office job. As long as he can keep his nose clean, earn that second chance, I don't see what all the gripe is about.

If he blows his second chance, he will be cut and tossed away like Ray Rice was. It has been 3 years, he has kept his nose clean, been said to be a good teammate, turned his life around, and all in all been a good guy including making amends to the victim.