• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions are Coming

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions coaching staff is way too conservative and tend to err on the safe side. I couldn't grasp some of the plays that were called against the Cards.......I felt like they may have hung Stafford out to more than once......just my opinion.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully its a great matchup and a fun scoring game. I give the lions about a ten percent chance to win.
welp,....ya never know [sometimes] what pat's team shows up after a looong winning stretch,..game could be closer than most expect.,...supposed to be in the 50's sunday too.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp,....ya never know [sometimes] what pat's team shows up after a looong winning stretch,..game could be closer than most expect.,...supposed to be in the 50's sunday too.

True, any given sunday. I still like the pats chances. If it was in detroit I would be about 50/50.

I dont think the lions are on the elite level that the cards, broncos, pats and packers are.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions offensive line is horrible at run blocking. I watched the Arizona game and Bell had no holes to run through or any type of lane to get any yardage at all. They lost a couple of the starters for the year and the back ups are just not playing well for the run.
The Lions averaged 5.2ypc last week against 'Zona and Bell averaged 6.1, fwiw.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a bi-polar Sunday. Stafford could go wild and hit every receiver he throws to, and the run game could be dynamic. Who knows? I just don't think the Lions will leave Foxboro with a win.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions give Brady a lot of trouble and the offense under-performs. Megatron has some good plays.

Detroit 16-13 over the Pats.

I see what you are doing. :clap: See you for next weeks awe inspiring prediction. :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he "afraid" now after his injury? Do you think that is playing a role?

I think his hands have never been exceptional. He drops passes healthy or not. But the injuries are beginning to pile up. And the offense has struggled. CJ has always taken more than his share of hits, never been one to shy away from contact. So I can't/Won't say hes playing afraid. But he's not and the offense is not at top form.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stafford tries to "out-point" Brady and throws a bunch of interceptions.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (8-2)

OUT
No players listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
DL Dominique Easley, DL - Knee
OL Cameron Fleming - Ankle/Finger
DE Chandler Jones - Hip

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
OL Marcus Cannon -Hip
DB Nate Ebner - Finger
WR Julian Edelman - Thigh

FULL PARTICIPATION
QB Tom Brady - Ankle
DETROIT LIONS (7-3)

OUT
No players listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
DT Nick Fairley - Knee
DE Jason Jones - Not Injury Related
G Larry Warford - Knee

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
RB Joique Bell - Ankle
RB Reggie Bush - Ankle
WR Calvin Johnson - Ankle
TE Brandon Pettigrew - Foot
T LaAdrian Waddle - Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
No players listed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Patriots defense...
"Each and every year they always perform extremely well, keep people out of the end zone and give you all kinds of problems, schematically and physically. [Vince] Wilfork is still a force, and [Dont'a] Hightower is a force. Obviously, they have two great corners out there playing for them now. The safeties, [Logan] Ryan and [Patrick] Chung, those guys get around and make plays. [Dominique] Easley up front – just so many great players that are playing for them. They do a great job each and every year."
- Lions Head Coach Jim Caldwell

On the Patriots secondary...
“Another good challenge. They’re physical guys kind of like last week. They’re real hand-sy they like to grab and stuff. We just have to be physical back and try and knock those hands down so we can get moving on the routes.”
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson

On playing the Patriots...
"We’re going against a very good football team, but we’re not going in this with a mindset like, ‘Oh, they’re unbeatable, they do everything so amazing.”
- Lions S James Ihedigbo

On going up against Tom Brady...
"He's a normal quarterback or any other guy. I wouldn't say I get extra excited, but I'm always excited to go against any type of quarterback and have an opportunity to have success against them."
- Lions DT Ndamukong Suh

On Jonas Gray...
"Obviously, [he's] a very capable guy. It's great to see that things have worked out well for him because he was a hard worker. He was a guy that was really determined, and you could see he had a real desire to play. It's worked well for him, really great play last week. We know we've got to get ready for him because he's powerful and has a nose for the end zone."

"He is very impressive. [He] runs very hard and [is a] pretty big, good-sized back. It'll be a good test for our defense to rally to him and make plays and gang-tackle him and make sure we get him down."
- Lions DT Ndamukong Suh

On Rob Gronkowski...
"He's obviously a great talent, just an incredible run, particularly when you look at the one he had against Indianapolis. He can catch the ball, and not only is he a fine pass catcher, but he can also run with it after he gets it. Very, very unusual gifts that he has. "

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Lions Head Coach Jim Caldwell doesn't watch the game films. The Safties are NOT Patrick Chung and Ryan Logan.......they're Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty. Ryan Logan is the sixth DB.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One. Game. At. A. Time.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. Most of the fans on the Lions board have the Pats winning in a blowout. Some of them even bet against their team most weeks.

Just be happy if Brady does not get mangled. Pats don't really need the win that badly. GB is the only other good team they face. Finish with 3 division games which will allow them to lock the division. Just a question of whether they win this week and @GB to see if they get home field throughout. Just winning the last 3 would probably be enough now that KC lost, unless Denver wins out.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Patriots defense...
"Each and every year they always perform extremely well, keep people out of the end zone and give you all kinds of problems, schematically and physically. [Vince] Wilfork is still a force, and [Dont'a] Hightower is a force. Obviously, they have two great corners out there playing for them now. The safeties, [Logan] Ryan and [Patrick] Chung, those guys get around and make plays. [Dominique] Easley up front – just so many great players that are playing for them. They do a great job each and every year."

On the Patriots secondary...
“Another good challenge. They’re physical guys kind of like last week. They’re real hand-sy they like to grab and stuff. We just have to be physical back and try and knock those hands down so we can get moving on the routes.”
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson

On playing the Patriots...
"We’re going against a very good football team, but we’re not going in this with a mindset like, ‘Oh, they’re unbeatable, they do everything so amazing.”
- Lions S James Ihedigbo

On going up against Tom Brady...
"He's a normal quarterback or any other guy. I wouldn't say I get extra excited, but I'm always excited to go against any type of quarterback and have an opportunity to have success against them."
- Lions DT Ndamukong Suh

On Jonas Gray...
"Obviously, [he's] a very capable guy. It's great to see that things have worked out well for him because he was a hard worker. He was a guy that was really determined, and you could see he had a real desire to play. It's worked well for him, really great play last week. We know we've got to get ready for him because he's powerful and has a nose for the end zone."

"He is very impressive. [He] runs very hard and [is a] pretty big, good-sized back. It'll be a good test for our defense to rally to him and make plays and gang-tackle him and make sure we get him down."
- Lions DT Ndamukong Suh

On Rob Gronkowski...
"He's obviously a great talent, just an incredible run, particularly when you look at the one he had against Indianapolis. He can catch the ball, and not only is he a fine pass catcher, but he can also run with it after he gets it. Very, very unusual gifts that he has. "
Jonas Gray was sent home from practice yesterday after showing up late. I doubt he gets many, if any snaps on Sunday.

My thoughts are that Belichick was likely planning to attack Detroit's D through the air anyway so it might not make a difference. Also there is another big, RB who would appear to be highly motivated that the Lions might have to deal with.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. Most of the fans on the Lions board have the Pats winning in a blowout. Some of them even bet against their team most weeks.

Just be happy if Brady does not get mangled. Pats don't really need the win that badly. GB is the only other good team they face. Finish with 3 division games which will allow them to lock the division. Just a question of whether they win this week and @GB to see if they get home field throughout. Just winning the last 3 would probably be enough now that KC lost, unless Denver wins out.
I feel your ~pain~,...but.......we have Miami sniffing ^UP^ our butts in the div./standings, they will give the broncos a game tomorrow.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas Gray was sent home from practice yesterday after showing up late. I doubt he gets many, if any snaps on Sunday.

My thoughts are that Belichick was likely planning to attack Detroit's D through the air anyway so it might not make a difference. Also there is another big, RB who would appear to be highly motivated that the Lions might have to deal with.

He'll get the same snaps he would have. Excessive punishment does not bring good results.
We will attack through the air, yes but we will test the defense on runs.
Unless we want to lose in the playoffs like the pass-only Broncos, we will have to keep hitting the running plays hard.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that a Toyota 2000?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to jinx anything but my biggest concern today is not having any injuries. This seems to the be the time of year and this is def the team to be concerned about.