• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Deal, Cavs-Celts, winners, losers

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland may be irrelevant either way.

But, it is very possible that the Brooklyn pick turns into a player that helps the Cavs a lot more than Kyrie helps the Celtics. And I say that regardless of whether or not the Cavs become a contender again in that player's Cleveland career.

CLE's gotta be hoping that New Orleans falls off.

Cousins is a great fit there.

Maybe then you can finally move Love for some wing help.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know why everyone is so down on Love

the guy went for 19 and 11 last year and shot 37% with big volume from 3---- on a team with 2 other guys scoring 25 a game.

He is one of the best rebounders in the league. As far as big men go- no one stretches the floor like him and has the same gravity he does in relation to the defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what an executive said about the deal, in that Zach Lowe article.

You could use this lame bs tactic for every trade btw.

But you need to consider opportunity cost. if the best player he could get is borderline top 25 guy Kyrie, you just keep the pick.

No you can't.
The Celts main player in this trade has an injury that has already precluded him from running for over 3 months.
His recovery time or prognosis after recovery is a total unknown.

The Nets pick is also a total unknown until the season plays out and the lotto balls are selected.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why everyone is so down on Love

the guy went for 19 and 11 last year and shot 37% with big volume from 3---- on a team with 2 other guys scoring 25 a game.

He is one of the best rebounders in the league. As far as big men go- no one stretches the floor like him and has the same gravity he does in relation to the defense.

Maybe because Love is a bad matchup vs the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't.
The Celts main player in this trade has an injury that has already precluded him from running for over 3 months.

The Nets pick is also a total unknown until the season plays out and the lotto balls are selected.
according to the Celtics fans Thomas will be fine-- its all they have said all week.

I tend to THINK he will be fine too- but what hte fuck do i know- not only am i not a doctor- i have seen any medical records--- i just know its a bad thing when a pro athlete cant run.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't.

Wrong.

We know the value of the assets RIGHT NOW.

He paid for a top 10 player, he got closer to #28. The only way danny can even make this a draw is if he get Kyrie to become a franchise player...goood luck with that one...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what an executive said about the deal, in that Zach Lowe article.

You could use this lame bs tactic for every trade btw.

But you need to consider opportunity cost. if the best player he could get is borderline top 25 guy Kyrie, you just keep the pick.
I mean- i tend to agree---

you evaluate with the information you have

of course you will make a better evaluation 5 years from now----- but its what fans do- speculkate on who won the trade

its like the NFL draft- who the fuck knows who had a good draft on draft night---no one really- but that doesnt stop every single media person in the world from coming up with a draft report card.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah you dont need Love and Cousins i guess....

i do love how Love spaces the floor for LeBron though

last thing you want playing with LeBron is some big fat piece of shit road block that cant shoot sitting in the paint

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the Celtics fans Thomas will be fine-- its all they have said all week.

I tend to THINK he will be fine too- but what hte fuck do i know- not only am i not a doctor- i have seen any medical records--- i just know its a bad thing when a pro athlete cant run.

I agree.
Example, look at the Dolphins Tannehill.
Put off surgery, then we all saw what happened.
I hope I.T. is fine, but whatever he has, isn't good.
And, as you've pointed out, how will he hold up to contact when he's pretty much getting paddled around like a pinball.
There a reason Ainge offered the pick WITH I.T. vs FOR George or Butler.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

We know the value of the assets RIGHT NOW.

He paid for a top 10 player, he got closer to #28. The only way danny can even make this a draw is if he get Kyrie to become a franchise player...goood luck with that one...

We know what your opinion of Kyrie is right now, and as of right now I agree he's near top 25-30.
Thing is, he still is very young and can improve.
His issue was always health.
He stayed healthy last season.
Look at his body now compared to a few years ago.
Boys grow into men.
He's hopefully now not near so fragile.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what your opinion of Kyrie is right now, and as of right now I agree he's near top 25-30.
Thing is, he still is very young and can improve.
His issue was always health.
He stayed healthy last season.
Look at his body now compared to a few years ago.
Boys grow into men.
He's hopefully now not near so fragile.

But when your issues are things like a toe injury....that's not really a boy v. man thing.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a reason Ainge offered the pick WITH I.T. vs FOR George or Butler.

Not to state the obvious but their are three reasons:

1. Your not going to give a max contract to IT based on his style/size issues let alone health.
2. If your not going to use a max slot on IT, and you need a PG to build a championship contender, Uncle Drew is a PG and good place to lay your bet and give a max slot.
3. Danny is stacked with wings, when would the 7/11 twins get a chance to play?

I like the move alot

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs somehow get Cousins or Gasol- or Bagley or Porter out of this- i cant see how it is anything but a home run for the Cavs.

I mean- if t his trade is the impetus for LeBron resigning- it is an out of the park grand slam

Agree. Don't see them getting any of those guys, but if they do...I think Lebron will stay in Cleveland and it will definitely be a grand slam.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giving up the brooklyn pick makes it highly unlikely the Celtics win in the long term.

I disagree. There is no guarantee that the player they get will be a difference maker. We know that Kyrie is a difference maker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way.

The Brooklyn pick is the best long term asset in this deal. LeBron may not resign in Cleveland, but the odds are a lot better now than they were a week ago.

Long term this deal is contingent on where that pick actually hits. If it lands at 1 or 2, the Cavs won the long term aspect of the deal hands down. If it ends up being 5 or later, the Celtics probably win, but that depends on what happens with Kyrie.

Disagree. I don't think this trade does anything to convince Lebron to stay. He's not waiting around to see if some rookie will be a great player in 3-4 years. About the only way that pick helps convince Lebron to stay is if the Cavs trade it for a really good player.

IT isn't going to convince him to stay. First of all, the Cavs will have to convince him to stay and second, he's Kyrie's mini-me.. Lebron already knows what he and Kyrie can do vs. a healthy Warriors. He certainly can't expect to do any better with IT.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRJFN12 laying down the logic.......................

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Cavs won this deal, if healthy Thomas is better than Irving. We'll see how it pans out.
Irving choked in the big games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree iwth this- but then why would u go to LA to play with a couple guys that cant legally drink for another year +?

To begin the next phase of your life. He's already publicly stated that LA's his new home.