• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 5 Worst Coaches in CFB

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin is the worst coach in history if you ask me. If he didn't have his daddy's name he'd never have sniffed a HC job.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do too bad at TCU. What did he do at Bama the one season he was there? 7-5 I think. Thanks "Big Money Ags" for replacing the best coach in school history with "The Fran Plan":L

Ten years ago I didn't find it funny.

If anything, Gary Patterson was the reason Fran's teams were relevant at New Mexico and TCU, as he was his defensive coordinator. Fran definitely rode GP's nutsack to success......

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Willingham has to be on the Mt. Rushmore of worst all time college coaches.

0-12 in Div1? How is that even remotely possible unless you are a complete talentless fraud.

It took years to undo the scorched earth massacre that POS fraud did to UW. The mere mention of his name or picture makes me vomit.

jake_locker_motivator.jpg

l103374-2.jpg

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Willingham has to be on the Mt. Rushmore of worst all time college coaches.

0-12 in Div1? How is that even remotely possible unless you are a complete talentless fraud.

It took years to undo the scorched earth massacre that POS fraud did to UW. The mere mention of his name or picture makes me vomit.

If only the Vandals could have scheduled UW that year. Maybe just maybe once in the past 100 years...

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he still coaches anymore but Davie literally decimated one of the most historically relevant programs when he took over from Holtz.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has always been the equivalent to Kansas - just another W on the schedule for Texas.

I have never seen you cast further into Husker Lake in my life.......and with such stanky bait too

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Mack Brown is washed up as a coach is going to get a helluva surprise this year. I'm getting the feeling that UT will win the Big XII conference outright this year. I would have said tied for it but there's something going on in Austin and it isn't good for those who hate the Horns. Sure, I'm biased. I would love to beat UT again but it isn't going to happen this year. Mack's shuffled the deck and the Texas schedule isn't going to hold them back either. Who wants to bet that Texas won't have a better record than Nebraska this year?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Mack Brown is washed up as a coach is going to get a helluva surprise this year. I'm getting the feeling that UT will win the Big XII conference outright this year. I would have said tied for it but there's something going on in Austin and it isn't good for those who hate the Horns. Sure, I'm biased. I would love to beat UT again but it isn't going to happen this year. Mack's shuffled the deck and the Texas schedule isn't going to hold them back either. Who wants to bet that Texas won't have a better record than Nebraska this year?

Even though I named Texas as my surprise team for this season...........I will take you up on that bet over and over again.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry but Mack hurts Texas more than he helps it. I think they would be better to move in another direction just like Ohio State did when they fired John Cooper. When TOSU hired Tressel, he took that program to a whole new level.

Mack needs Texas more than Texas needs Mack. He has benefited from Long Star state recruiting for years and really hasn't done anything to build Texas in to a premier powerhouse. Don't get me wrong, Texas is great, but they could be unbeatable without Mack.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but Mack hurts Texas more than he helps it. I think they would be better to move in another direction just like Ohio State did when they fired John Cooper. When TOSU hired Tressel, he took that program to a whole new level.

Mack needs Texas more than Texas needs Mack. He has benefited from Long Star state recruiting for years and really hasn't done anything to build Texas in to a premier powerhouse. Don't get me wrong, Texas is great, but they could be unbeatable without Mack.

Mack's won a NC and that goes a long way. He's also played for another one. Keep in mind, when Texas hired Mack, he took our program to a whole new level as well. Mack has won as many BCS titles as Tressel did. Mack would also have won as many conference titles if the Big 12 had co champs like the Big 10 did. There really isn't much of a difference between Mack and Tressel, IMO. I can give Mack a pass the last 2 years. He has had the youngest team in the country during that time and he's been preaching about how 2013 Texas would be making a run for the BCS title. We shall see.....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas is a unique school. What they don't need is a "church feud". If they appear to run Mack off then they better do it based on merit and not some hard-to-define feeling that the "program needs a different direction" because I'll guarantee you the Mack Brown supporters will vilify whoever appears to have made that decision. Mack Brown is the ultimate recruiter. He's (apologies to my UT friends) in the same league as Barry Switzer: he has a love for his school that transcends all logic and he's a master at pulling recruits into his orbit. Admittedly he may be weak at hands-on coaching but that's what assistants are for most of the time. Would Texas be better off without him? Good question. As an OU fan my worst fear is Texas hiring some fireball like Gary Patterson from TCU. If they ever do something like that, Oklahoma will go back to beating Texas 2-3 times every decade. But I'm still of the opinion that this year Mack Brown will turn things around in Austin. If they do then it will be back to OU/Texas ruling the roost in the conference since OU will be strong as hell again in 2014. Again, Texas might benefit in some ways if Mack is gone assuming UT made the right hire but him staying at Texas has some very solid advantages that DeLoss Dodds (the AD) can't simply ignore.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a unique school. What they don't need is a "church feud". If they appear to run Mack off then they better do it based on merit and not some hard-to-define feeling that the "program needs a different direction" because I'll guarantee you the Mack Brown supporters will vilify whoever appears to have made that decision. Mack Brown is the ultimate recruiter. He's (apologies to my UT friends) in the same league as Barry Switzer: he has a love for his school that transcends all logic and he's a master at pulling recruits into his orbit. Admittedly he may be weak at hands-on coaching but that's what assistants are for most of the time. Would Texas be better off without him? Good question. As an OU fan my worst fear is Texas hiring some fireball like Gary Patterson from TCU. If they ever do something like that, Oklahoma will go back to beating Texas 2-3 times every decade. But I'm still of the opinion that this year Mack Brown will turn things around in Austin. If they do then it will be back to OU/Texas ruling the roost in the conference since OU will be strong as hell again in 2014. Again, Texas might benefit in some ways if Mack is gone assuming UT made the right hire but him staying at Texas has some very solid advantages that DeLoss Dodds (the AD) can't simply ignore.

Agreed (never thought I would agree w/a freakin Sooner!!!).....One thing Texas does not want to do is make the same mistake Aggy did when they fired Slocum. It's been so long since Aggy has been relevant, people have forgotten how Slocum had Aggy as one of the top 5 programs in the country in the 90's. He never had a losing season and Aggy fired him after he went 6-6. They thought they could get anybody and hired Franchione away from Bama. It took Aggy a decade to recover with what seems to be a good hire with Sumlin. I find it hilarious how people seem to think winning BCS titles are so easy when they say Mack should have won 4-5 BCS titles already. That's so fucking stupid......

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed (never thought I would agree w/a freakin Sooner!!!).....One thing Texas does not want to do is make the same mistake Aggy did when they fired Slocum. It's been so long since Aggy has been relevant, people have forgotten how Slocum had Aggy as one of the top 5 programs in the country in the 90's. He never had a losing season and Aggy fired him after he went 6-6. They thought they could get anybody and hired Franchione away from Bama. It took Aggy a decade to recover with what seems to be a good hire with Sumlin. I find it hilarious how people seem to think winning BCS titles are so easy when they say Mack should have won 4-5 BCS titles already. That's so fucking stupid......

Mack is average at best and everyone outside of Austin knows this. Who couldn't win with the talent Mack brings in every year. He may not be the worst coach, but no way in hell I put him in the top 5 or 10 coaches in D1 ball.

BTW: The question is will you still be backing Mack at the end of the season if he shits the bed this year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is average at best and everyone outside of Austin knows this. Who couldn't win with the talent Mack brings in every year. He may not be the worst coach, but no way in hell I put him in the top 5 or 10 coaches in D1 ball.

BTW: The question is will you still be backing Mack at the end of the season if he shits the bed this year.

That's a good question. He has said over the last 2 years that 2013 will be the year Texas makes a run at a BCS bowl and BCS title, so I don't think I would be backing up Mack again, especially if he gets his ass handed to him by OU again. I do like the fact people across the nation hold our program in high regard b/c a 9-4 season would be considered excellence at 95% of the programs in the country. People just need to remember that college football did not start in 2010. Mack Brown is still one of the top 3 winningest coaches in the BCS era.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. He has said over the last 2 years that 2013 will be the year Texas makes a run at a BCS bowl and BCS title, so I don't think I would be backing up Mack again, especially if he gets his ass handed to him by OU again. I do like the fact people across the nation hold our program in high regard b/c a 9-4 season would be considered excellence at 95% of the programs in the country. People just need to remember that college football did not start in 2010. Mack Brown is still one of the top 3 winningest coaches in the BCS era.

When you write BCS title, do you mean win the BCS NC? I don't recall him saying anything like that. It's more likely that 2014 will be the year that UT goes to the NC game.

Bo Pelini has experienced one win and 3 losses when his teams have played Texas and the one win was when he was the co-DC at OU. I guess that means Mack is a worse coach than him. :laugh3:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Bo Pelini has done excellent in his first 5 seasons?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the point that I was trying to make at the "that other site" when teasips started calling for Macks head after the first losing season in a long time. Most of those posters were probably too young to remember the t.u. program under McWilliams and Mackovic. Be careful what you wish for. Mack is a good coach. Mack took a program from 10 years of mediocrity and made it relevant. I, as well as a lot of Aggies I know, have a lot of respect for Mack. Fire Mack and risk another long rebuilding process.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool Mack! The 3 year plan.

If Bob Stoops said, We got this 3 year plan, his ass would be walking.

Texas should be "making a run at the BCS" every year. Do you disagree?