• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 5 Worst Coaches in CFB

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, the Quinton Coryatt days.......I miss those times. Football in the state was great back then......even when we sucked, games were fun to watch.

Wondering when the series will continue, it's just a matter of time.

Coryatt, John Roper, Johnny Holland, Aaron Glenn, and others from back in the day made for a great time as an Aggie fan.

Hell, the SWC was great back then. I don't care if they were being payed. Before Jackie Sherril, back when Texas, SMU, Arkansas were the top teams not only in the SWC but in CFB in general, the SWC had exciting games. Then when A&M turned it around and so did TCU with Wacker. It was wild times in Texas football.

I agree, at some point the rivalry will resume. There is too much money on the table, and we all know how Texas loves money. Sorry had to get atleast one dig in on ya.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Al Golden
2. Lane Kifflin
3. Kirk Ferentz
4. Charlie Weis
5. Rich Rodriguez

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Al Golden
2. Lane Kifflin
3. Kirk Ferentz
4. Charlie Weis
5. Rich Rodriguez
-
I do not see Golden or RichRod being on this list. Golden was great at Temple. He walked into a complete disaster at Miami. He is recruiting well and the program has a pulse. I think his last few yrs are due more to his situation than his coaching chops

RichRod is another. Great offensive mind, but clearly lacks the focus on defense. He is basically Urban, without a good DC. Great record at WV. MIchigan was a bad fit and just did not work out. He certainly breathed some life into the Zona program. I do not think the book is written on him yet.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coryatt, John Roper, Johnny Holland, Aaron Glenn, and others from back in the day made for a great time as an Aggie fan.

Hell, the SWC was great back then. I don't care if they were being payed. Before Jackie Sherril, back when Texas, SMU, Arkansas were the top teams not only in the SWC but in CFB in general, the SWC had exciting games. Then when A&M turned it around and so did TCU with Wacker. It was wild times in Texas football.

I agree, at some point the rivalry will resume. There is too much money on the table, and we all know how Texas loves money. Sorry had to get atleast one dig in on ya.

Wasn't one of the reasons why Aggy left the Big 12 was for more money?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was all about conference stability.:rollseyes::rollseyes::rollseyes:

Conference was stable, after Texas, OU and Aggy committed to staying. Aggy even signed on to the new TV contract that was going to pay Texas, OU and Aggy $20M each, while the other conference members were to make between $15M-$17M. Aggy has always been about the money, as they have always voted in favor of unequal revenue sharing. Did you just jump on that bandwagon?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown Records:

* 8 straight 10 win seasons (longest in the nation);
* Through his first 12 seasons - his absolute WORST year was 9 wins;
* His overall bowl record is 10-4;
* His BCS Bowl record is 3-1;
* Winning seasons in 14 out of 15 years;
* He has won a Natty, and played in another (where Colt McCoy got injured);
* He set the all-time Big 12 record with 21 consecutive conference wins;
* Coach of the Year in 2006.

And this is a bottom 5 coach????:bullshit:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference was stable, after Texas, OU and Aggy committed to staying. Aggy even signed on to the new TV contract that was going to pay Texas, OU and Aggy $20M each, while the other conference members were to make between $15M-$17M. Aggy has always been about the money, as they have always voted in favor of unequal revenue sharing. Did you just jump on that bandwagon?

Look, cow lover, I'm not going to get into this fight with you all over again. I know its Friday and youa re just trying to kill the rest of the week but having this same ole argument, but I'm not going to do it.

My initial comment was based on the fact that you, your t-sip buddies, and the AD place just as much priority and satisfaction in the fact that t.u. makes truck loads of cash as it does in winning games. That was it. It was a light hearted joke.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I do not see Golden or RichRod being on this list. Golden was great at Temple. He walked into a complete disaster at Miami. He is recruiting well and the program has a pulse. I think his last few yrs are due more to his situation than his coaching chops

RichRod is another. Great offensive mind, but clearly lacks the focus on defense. He is basically Urban, without a good DC. Great record at WV. MIchigan was a bad fit and just did not work out. He certainly breathed some life into the Zona program. I do not think the book is written on him yet.

Temple plays in non factor conference.

For Rodriguez, his system will never work in the B1G, SEC. B12, or ACC because he favors undersized players on the OL and DL for speed reason where his opponents are bigger on those lines. Don't think he won no more than 6 B1G conference games in his three years there.

Pac-10 is a perfect fit for him because outside of Stanford and Oregon State the rest of them have the same offense first philosophy and neglect playing defense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temple plays in non factor conference.

For Rodriguez, his system will never work in the B1G, SEC. B12, or ACC because he favors undersized players on the OL and DL for speed reason where his opponents are bigger on those lines. Don't think he won no more than 6 B1G conference games in his three years there.

Pac-10 is a perfect fit for him because outside of Stanford and Oregon State the rest of them have the same offense first philosophy and neglect playing defense.

Not sure I buy that. I have seen Florida borrow many of his concepts. Many spread offenses have had sucess in the SEC. You cqn try to put stipulations on it, but it is fact. His offense was quite good in the Big 10. His system was fine. The defense was the issue.

The Temple comment is just lacking in any logic, so I will leave it be