• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Such an utter embarassment

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean Nascar officials or the sport itself? I only ask because you have Jr's 88 in your Teams list. I myself like the sport but think the administration of it is absolutely pathetic.

Considering we only get one race a year for F1 and I don't think MotoGP even comes to the U.S. our racing jones options are getting pretty thin, unless we're going to start broadcasting Cycling!?

NBCSN does a pretty good job with F1, I like most of their coverage there, you'll even see announcers being quite frank about the Sport's issues, which you're not seeing from NBCSN's coverage of Nascar.

Another thing I've noticed is ESPN does very little Nascar coverage at all. You'll see things like a ticker of the race outcome, maybe the quick interview with the Race Winner, but the sport is not covered otherwise.

Conversely, FoxSports1 does have more coverage especially considering they broadcast the first 1/2 of the year.

The trend looks bleak. It looks like local track racing is still the best place to get good racing, but those don't get broadcast much if at all.

ESPN has a habit of not covering sports they don't have the broadcast rights to.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely zero respect for any driver that wouldn't have done the same. Season's on the line, it's your only chance, go for it. If the other drivers have a problem with it, they should confront him.

GO HARVICK!!!

Never been more proud to be a Harvick fan.

These comments are a golden example of the pussification of America.

Do these people realize the person that got screwed was Ryan Newman?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the report says "Good for NBCSN". Considering like 60% of their shows consist of old fishing/hunting shows, any live sporting event would do a good rating.

The reason ratings have gone down is because all the vets like DaleJ, Rusty, the labontes are no longer racing. The character of today's younger drivers does not match that of the younger drivers in the past. Back then they were good ole boys having fun, today they are a bunch of whiny, pretentious, dou*hey, punks. Harvick may not be a ratings grabber, but its the people like Kyle, Joey, Denny, Brad that don't bring people back. I was a die hard race fan and then decided to not become so invested anymore because the character product imo was declining. Racing just lost its appeal to me. And the points system as well. They tweaked the first one because of kenseth winning title by over 200 points winning one race, the second was because Kasey Kahne won 6 races and didn't win the title, nvm the fact Harvick and Johnson won five races, the next one was because McMurray won 2 pre-chase races and didn't get in and they were all high profile races, and lastly to help Junior. The old system was fine. Even the first chase format was fine.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason ratings have gone down is because all the vets like DaleJ, Rusty, the labontes are no longer racing. The character of today's younger drivers does not match that of the younger drivers in the past. Back then they were good ole boys having fun, today they are a bunch of whiny, pretentious, dou*hey, punks. Harvick may not be a ratings grabber, but its the people like Kyle, Joey, Denny, Brad that don't bring people back. I was a die hard race fan and then decided to not become so invested anymore because the character product imo was declining. Racing just lost its appeal to me. And the points system as well. They tweaked the first one because of kenseth winning title by over 200 points winning one race, the second was because Kasey Kahne won 6 races and didn't win the title, nvm the fact Harvick and Johnson won five races, the next one was because McMurray won 2 pre-chase races and didn't get in and they were all high profile races, and lastly to help Junior. The old system was fine. Even the first chase format was fine.

You aren't watching Nascar because of the personalities?

That's pretty damn gay IMO. The chase sucks and the racing sucks is the problem. They need to run that soft tires and low downforce package full time.

Who gives a fuck if the drivers are likable though? I wish that was the problem with Nascar. And btw, I don't know what young drivers you use to watch because I can remember just about all the vets you mention being quite a bit different as youngsters.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current generation of drivers are vanilla. They can drive a race car, but aren't the rough necks we grew up with. These new guys are a bunch of marketable, pretty boys. Pussies, really. I miss guys like Cale Yarborough, The Allisons, Big E, DW, Geoff Bodine, Harry Gant, Rusty, Sterlin Marlin, Neil Bonnet, Bill Elliot, Tim Richmond, etc.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current generation of drivers are vanilla. They can drive a race car, but aren't the rough necks we grew up with. These new guys are a bunch of marketable, pretty boys. Pussies, really. I miss guys like Cale Yarborough, The Allisons, Big E, DW, Geoff Bodine, Harry Gant, Rusty, Sterlin Marlin, Neil Bonnet, Bill Elliot, Tim Richmond, etc.

Exactly. These guys can't show their true personalities anymore and have to all give cookie cutter interviews so they won't have to worry about saying their true feelings and potentially losing sponsorships.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't watching Nascar because of the personalities?

That's pretty damn gay IMO. The chase sucks and the racing sucks is the problem. They need to run that soft tires and low downforce package full time.

Who gives a fuck if the drivers are likable though? I wish that was the problem with Nascar. And btw, I don't know what young drivers you use to watch because I can remember just about all the vets you mention being quite a bit different as youngsters.

Unless they change their minds again, NASCAR plans to do that for 2016

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they change their minds again, NASCAR plans to do that for 2016

Fuck yes, that's the best news I've heard coming out of Nascar in 20 years.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enjoyed reading through the thread ....... DEAD ON

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the marketing thing and pretty boys I can see and agree with. They really made these cars easier to drive. I remember when it was rare for rookies to have early success because they didn't have the experience taking care of their cars and such. Now they don't seem to have to worry about taking care of their stuff(hoping that soft tire package puts some change in this).

However, I still care more about the racing itself and think if the racing was made to be more about the driver's ability things would take care of themselves.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the Busch brothers are considered to be bad boys, you know there's some serious sissies in the mix.