• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Such an utter embarassment

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't going at full speed, I think saying lives were on the line is a big stretch, especially given the safety of these cars.

A bitch move would have been giving up and conceding your championship bid is over.

But, keep crying.

Like I said, and like Edisto said, there's no respect to be given for any driver that wouldn't do the same thing if their championship hopes were on the line.

Are you really serious with this nonsense? It's not like they're going 5 mph. You can get seriously hurt or even killed in these cars. Drivers have died at Martinsville where the average speed is under 100 mph. Go throughout the country and you'll find numerous short tracks, some as small was a quarter mile where the speed is barely over 75 mph, and you'll find drivers hurt and yes, killed. He wrecked people on purpose. That's fucked up. He easily could have just kept the wheel pointed straight and maybe they would have wrecked like last time and he could have been ok. That's still trying and its trying with class. But Harvick did the classless thing and put everyone at risk.

Your Harvick fandom is making you incapable of seeing even basic logic. Not only that, you're also a hypocrite. A few weeks ago you were crying about how Logano and JJ were bitches because Harvick got spun on a restart and finished in the 40s in what could be easily debated as just a racing incident. But when the shoe is on the other foot and Harvick INTENTIONALLY wrecks people, its all "doing whatcha gotta do! GO HARVICK! DERP DERP!" You're an ok dude but you are sooooooooooooo off base with this its embarrassing. You can be a fan of a guy and still admit he was in the wrong. Don't make yourself look stupid trying to justify it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really serious with this nonsense? It's not like they're going 5 mph. You can get seriously hurt or even killed in these cars. Drivers have died at Martinsville where the average speed is under 100 mph. Go throughout the country and you'll find numerous short tracks, some as small was a quarter mile where the speed is barely over 75 mph, and you'll find drivers hurt and yes, killed. He wrecked people on purpose. That's fucked up. He easily could have just kept the wheel pointed straight and maybe they would have wrecked like last time and he could have been ok. That's still trying and its trying with class. But Harvick did the classless thing and put everyone at risk.

Your Harvick fandom is making you incapable of seeing even basic logic. Not only that, you're also a hypocrite. A few weeks ago you were crying about how Logano and JJ were bitches because Harvick got spun on a restart and finished in the 40s in what could be easily debated as just a racing incident. But when the shoe is on the other foot and Harvick INTENTIONALLY wrecks people, its all "doing whatcha gotta do! GO HARVICK! DERP DERP!" You're an ok dude but you are sooooooooooooo off base with this its embarrassing. You can be a fan of a guy and still admit he was in the wrong. Don't make yourself look stupid trying to justify it.

Nobody has been killed in Sprint Cup competition since Earnhardt, and if Austin Dillon can walk away from his crash at Daytona, I don't think lives are on the line when the cars aren't close to full speed given just how safe these cars are.

I wasn't bitching and moaning, I said I hoped Johnson got his, and he did. I don't have a problem with people hoping Harvick gets payback, but the thing is, I'm going to pull for my driver to win this championship, and I don't care if he has wreck the entire field on purpose to get there, just as long as he gets there. I admitted he did it on purpose, and honestly, I really don't care. He wasn't wrong, he was saving his season, and in this case, I would have said the same if Jeff Gordon would have been in Harvick's shoes. You never give up on the entire season.

All the drivers that have spoke out have said you have to do what you have to do, except Denny Hamlin, who was bound for elimination regardless of what happened.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the drivers that have spoke out have said you have to do what you have to do, except Denny Hamlin, who was bound for elimination regardless of what happened.

"The 4 [of Harvick] knew he was blew up, so he said he was going to stay in his lane, so the 6 [of Bayne] then went up and outside and he clipped him and caused a wreck because he knew he'd make the Chase that way," Kenseth said. "I got wrecked out two weeks in a row from people doing what they had to do to make the Chase.

"But call it what you want. But I just feel like they lost total control of this whole thing. It's not what racing is all about."

"That's a crappy way for Harvick to have to get in the Chase; to wreck somebody -- what I believe to be on purpose [but] maybe it wasn't," Bayne said. "The restart before that, he had engine problems and got out of the way.

Kevin Harvick denies intentionally crashing to advance to next round of Chase

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has been killed in Sprint Cup competition since Earnhardt, and if Austin Dillon can walk away from his crash at Daytona, I don't think lives are on the line when the cars aren't close to full speed given just how safe these cars are.

I wasn't bitching and moaning, I said I hoped Johnson got his, and he did. I don't have a problem with people hoping Harvick gets payback, but the thing is, I'm going to pull for my driver to win this championship, and I don't care if he has wreck the entire field on purpose to get there, just as long as he gets there. I admitted he did it on purpose, and honestly, I really don't care. He wasn't wrong, he was saving his season, and in this case, I would have said the same if Jeff Gordon would have been in Harvick's shoes. You never give up on the entire season.

So you advocate a driver doing whatever it takes? So, how then would you feel if any driver were to pull a move like Harvick did that cost Harvick his life? Would you be on here going, well I can't blame him, he did what he needed to do? That's complete bull, unless you're so callous as to think no rules are the best rules.

While I fully understand that Nascar has slightly different rules compared to other racing entities, let's take for example the MotoGP race at Sepang this weekend where Rossi and Marquez were racing each other rather hard, with both riders taking slightly different apexes on corners and Rossi ultimately sees Marquez wider than him in the corner and purposely used his position to force Marquez to go even wider, which would've taken him off-track, or to maintain his line and collide with Rossi, which they did, Marquez went down and Rossi managed to stay up. Rossi is the rider I like but even I have to acknowledge that it was a poor move, an unsportsmanlike move. Race your line and see who wins the battle but moves like that are precisely considered to be unsportsmanlike and are a safety issue as well and MotoGP did not hesitate to penalize Rossi. He'll be starting from the rear in the next race with only something like a 7 point lead in the Standings over Marquez.

To say that; I'll willingly put someone's life in danger to win this race, which really is just a sport, a game of competition is pathetic to say the least. That's what you're advocating in your messages.

Nascar itself has some serious issues it needs to correct if it wants to continue to be the major motorsport in the U.S.. Hell, Sprint cars probably has more fandom around it at the local and regional levels than Nascar does as the National level. But their governing is piss poor and while I agree that's arguable for some I think the majority agree. If they'll throw the caution for McMurray's engine blowing and causing no wrecks, then the argument could be made that the second attempt at G-W-C shouldn't have counted either, they were barely at the Start-finish line when Bayne got wrecked, it was close, but so close that it can be argued they should've thrown the caution again. Hell one could even argue that if you won't throw a caution for Harvick's car being unable to keep up with the field, or black flag him, etc. then why would you throw the caution for McMurray who managed his blown engine without causing a wreck?

But what really makes Nascar look the worst is making this change during the week in the name of safety, precisely because of what happened to Dillon earlier in the year, only to have a driver who arguably should've been black flagged for running with a blown motor (recall Hamlin was told to formulate a plan to fix his roof hatch earlier in the race) cause an issue with safety and not only that, cause the race to end under caution. The entirety of the race went off without a caution except for blown engines, which is not usually the case. But then the race ends on another wreck just like earlier this year but instead of under green, it ends under caution. That's some irony there. If you're going to have one G-W-C, then you damned sure should make sure that you have rules in place for drivers who are going to sully the sport by causing wrecks just to insure their position in the Chase. If Nascar believes that's the kind of racing their fans want to see, well then I guess I'm not a fan and you are. Wrecks are part of the sport, but intentional shit like this shouldn't be tolerated. It's not in the best interest of the sport, I can't imagine why any driver who's behind in points now would allow a G-W-C to ever take place on a SS again. If wrecking the field is an option to Win, then it says something very bad about the sport. You don't see that shit in F1 or MotoGP. While I get that Nascar is a bit different and wrecks are a bit more part of the sport than with F1 and MotoGP, it still points to poor sportsmanship and a lack of safety concern, much less the cost of a wrecked car/bike and any bearing it has toward championship points. It's dirty. I guess if you like dirty more power to ya but there's a difference between dirty and racing hard. Ask yourself, would Harvick had done the same thing had his position for the next round been secure? Probably not. I think you might even agree with that. If you wouldn't do it in that context, then it shouldn't be done in any context because it's dirty, plain and simple.

That's all I really have to say on it. I'll say I place a bit more of the onus on Nascar than Harvick because if Nascar wouldn't allow this shit then it wouldn't be seen very much if at all, but both share some blame here, Harvick isn't innocent.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you advocate a driver doing whatever it takes? So, how then would you feel if any driver were to pull a move like Harvick did that cost Harvick his life? Would you be on here going, well I can't blame him, he did what he needed to do? That's complete bull, unless you're so callous as to think no rules are the best rules.

While I fully understand that Nascar has slightly different rules compared to other racing entities, let's take for example the MotoGP race at Sepang this weekend where Rossi and Marquez were racing each other rather hard, with both riders taking slightly different apexes on corners and Rossi ultimately sees Marquez wider than him in the corner and purposely used his position to force Marquez to go even wider, which would've taken him off-track, or to maintain his line and collide with Rossi, which they did, Marquez went down and Rossi managed to stay up. Rossi is the rider I like but even I have to acknowledge that it was a poor move, an unsportsmanlike move. Race your line and see who wins the battle but moves like that are precisely considered to be unsportsmanlike and are a safety issue as well and MotoGP did not hesitate to penalize Rossi. He'll be starting from the rear in the next race with only something like a 7 point lead in the Standings over Marquez.

To say that; I'll willingly put someone's life in danger to win this race, which really is just a sport, a game of competition is pathetic to say the least. That's what you're advocating in your messages.

Nascar itself has some serious issues it needs to correct if it wants to continue to be the major motorsport in the U.S.. Hell, Sprint cars probably has more fandom around it at the local and regional levels than Nascar does as the National level. But their governing is piss poor and while I agree that's arguable for some I think the majority agree. If they'll throw the caution for McMurray's engine blowing and causing no wrecks, then the argument could be made that the second attempt at G-W-C shouldn't have counted either, they were barely at the Start-finish line when Bayne got wrecked, it was close, but so close that it can be argued they should've thrown the caution again. Hell one could even argue that if you won't throw a caution for Harvick's car being unable to keep up with the field, or black flag him, etc. then why would you throw the caution for McMurray who managed his blown engine without causing a wreck?

But what really makes Nascar look the worst is making this change during the week in the name of safety, precisely because of what happened to Dillon earlier in the year, only to have a driver who arguably should've been black flagged for running with a blown motor (recall Hamlin was told to formulate a plan to fix his roof hatch earlier in the race) cause an issue with safety and not only that, cause the race to end under caution. The entirety of the race went off without a caution except for blown engines, which is not usually the case. But then the race ends on another wreck just like earlier this year but instead of under green, it ends under caution. That's some irony there. If you're going to have one G-W-C, then you damned sure should make sure that you have rules in place for drivers who are going to sully the sport by causing wrecks just to insure their position in the Chase. If Nascar believes that's the kind of racing their fans want to see, well then I guess I'm not a fan and you are. Wrecks are part of the sport, but intentional shit like this shouldn't be tolerated. It's not in the best interest of the sport, I can't imagine why any driver who's behind in points now would allow a G-W-C to ever take place on a SS again. If wrecking the field is an option to Win, then it says something very bad about the sport. You don't see that shit in F1 or MotoGP. While I get that Nascar is a bit different and wrecks are a bit more part of the sport than with F1 and MotoGP, it still points to poor sportsmanship and a lack of safety concern, much less the cost of a wrecked car/bike and any bearing it has toward championship points. It's dirty. I guess if you like dirty more power to ya but there's a difference between dirty and racing hard. Ask yourself, would Harvick had done the same thing had his position for the next round been secure? Probably not. I think you might even agree with that. If you wouldn't do it in that context, then it shouldn't be done in any context because it's dirty, plain and simple.

That's all I really have to say on it. I'll say I place a bit more of the onus on Nascar than Harvick because if Nascar wouldn't allow this shit then it wouldn't be seen very much if at all, but both share some blame here, Harvick isn't innocent.

Cry me a fucking river. I'm pulling for Harvick to do whatever it takes to win the championship, and that's what he did. I absolutely despise Jeff Gordon and everything about the man, but if he were in this situation, I'd be forced to defend him as well. Harvick's ultimate job is to finish as best as he possibly can and try to win a championship. That's what he did.

I'm not reading a novel of bleeding heart BS from someone who just doubled my negative rating total.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The 4 [of Harvick] knew he was blew up, so he said he was going to stay in his lane, so the 6 [of Bayne] then went up and outside and he clipped him and caused a wreck because he knew he'd make the Chase that way," Kenseth said. "I got wrecked out two weeks in a row from people doing what they had to do to make the Chase.

"But call it what you want. But I just feel like they lost total control of this whole thing. It's not what racing is all about."

"That's a crappy way for Harvick to have to get in the Chase; to wreck somebody -- what I believe to be on purpose [but] maybe it wasn't," Bayne said. "The restart before that, he had engine problems and got out of the way.

Kevin Harvick denies intentionally crashing to advance to next round of Chase

David Gilliland and Trevor Bayne are fighting for 30th in points, their opinions matter not. Kenseth wasn't happy, but understood the situation.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll admit it when I feel Harvick was out of line. The day he was announced as Dale Sr's replacement was the day I became a Kevin Harvick fan, so there's been plenty of them.

When Harvick announced he was moving to Stewart-Haas, I debated with myself whether I should stick with Harvick, or stick with the team that has always been my favorite and become an Austin Dillon fan. I ultimately decided to stick with Harvick, and while Stewart has been my second favorite since 1999, when he retires, Austin Dillon will be my number 2 driver.

He was out of line when he announced over the radio that he was going to purposely spin another truck in a truck race that got him suspended from a Cup race.

He was way out of line in both the Joe Nemechek and Juan Pablo Montoya incidents.

He was extremely out of line in the Ricky Rudd incident.

He was out of line when he basically called out his owner, Richard Childress over the radio.

And he was most out of line in the Ty Dillon incident.

But yesterday, he did what he had to do to stay alive for a championship and I will never criticize any driver for doing so.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is how you determine who advances in a championship, with a race ending under caution

and they wonder why more fans keep leaving the sport

I almost hope the sport completely collapses sometimes

I wouldn't know, I don't watch chase races.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Harvick fiasco rivals what Michael Waltrip racing did with Clint Boyer a year or two ago. A calculated act just influence the outcome of a race. The penalty they gave Waltrip Racing should be applied here. If it isn't, then we have more evidence this Chase stuff is really the WWE element infiltrating NASCAR and things are highly manipulated to protect the corporate buck. I say, the sport is in intensive care if we are stooping to this type of "racing".

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry me a fucking river. I'm pulling for Harvick to do whatever it takes to win the championship, and that's what he did. I absolutely despise Jeff Gordon and everything about the man, but if he were in this situation, I'd be forced to defend him as well. Harvick's ultimate job is to finish as best as he possibly can and try to win a championship. That's what he did.

I'm not reading a novel of bleeding heart BS from someone who just doubled my negative rating total.

This dude dislikes my position on the issue so much, he doesn't respond to anything I've posted but is so butthurt over getting a rating in a thread he has to come to the football forum I post on to give me negatives just because I rated his posts in this ONE topic as BS. LOL you're a piece of work. I could care more about the ratings but feel free to stalk me if it makes your dick hard.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude dislikes my position on the issue so much, he doesn't respond to anything I've posted but is so butthurt over getting a rating in a thread he has to come to the football forum I post on to give me negatives just because I rated his posts in this ONE topic as BS. LOL you're a piece of work. I could care more about the ratings but feel free to stalk me if it makes your dick hard.

I'm not in the least bit butt hurt. When I come home from work and have 15 alerts and 10 of them are negative ratings from 1 dickwad who doesn't think drivers should do anything they can possibly do to stay alive for a championship, I'm gonna give a few back his way. I don't stalk, I just did like you and gave some posts unwarranted negative ratings.

And I did respond to the only post you responded to me. I understand your position, but the way I see it is if your season is on the line, you do what you've gotta do.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really been a fan of Kevin. I'm just glad Jimmie is out of it this year.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Harvick fiasco rivals what Michael Waltrip racing did with Clint Boyer a year or two ago. A calculated act just influence the outcome of a race. The penalty they gave Waltrip Racing should be applied here. If it isn't, then we have more evidence this Chase stuff is really the WWE element infiltrating NASCAR and things are highly manipulated to protect the corporate buck. I say, the sport is in intensive care if we are stooping to this type of "racing".

Actually these are completely different.

Clint Bowyer spun intentionally to help a teammate and NASCAR overreacted big time. The only reason they did anything was because Jeff Gordon is a bigger name than Martin Truex Jr and they saw an opportunity. Truex, who did nothing was penalized.

It's actually a lot closer to Jeff Gordon intentionally hooking Clint Bowyer head on into the wall at Phoenix in 2012 while Bowyer was still very much alive for the championship. Jeff Gordon got no penalty, and neither should Harvick.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the ratings are going to have to just flat line before anything is changed. :burt:

Talladega TV Ratings UPDATE:
Overnight ratings dropped again for NASCAR's Chase For the Cup, but Talladega scored the sport's top overnight rating in over six weeks. NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Talladega, the sixth race in the Chase For the Cup, drew a 2.5 overnight rating on NBCSN Sunday afternoon - down 7% from last year and 2013, when coverage aired on ESPN (2.7 both years), and the 17th of 18 races on cable this year to have a decline in overnights. Despite the decline, the 2.5 overnight is the highest for any NASCAR race since Darlington on Labor Day weekend, which aired on the NBC broadcast network (3.4). The previous mark over that span was a 2.2 for Kansas the week before, which also aired on NBC. The 2.5 is also tied as the second-highest overnight for NASCAR on cable this season, matching Pocono in August and Martinsville on Fox Sports 1 in March. The only race to have a higher overnight on cable was the Brickyard 400, which drew a 2.9 on NBCSN in July. Head-to-head, NASCAR on NBCSN more-than-tripled competing coverage of the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix on NBC (0.7).(ShowBuzz Daily / Sports Media Watch) See past race TV Ratings, five-year comparison chart and more on the 2015 TV Ratings page.(10-27-2015)

UPDATE:
NASCAR hit another set of historical lows for Sunday's race at Talladega, but the numbers were more than good enough for NBCSN. NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Talladega, the sixth race in the Chase For the Cup, drew a 2.6 final rating and 4.2 million viewers on NBCSN Sunday afternoon - down 13% in ratings and 11% in viewership from last year (3.0, 4.8M) and down 16% and 14%, respectively, from 2013 (3.1, 4.9M), both of which aired on ESPN. Joey Logano's third straight win ranks as the lowest rated fall Talladega race since at least 2000 and the least-watched since at least 2001, each falling below the marks set last year. All 18 NASCAR races on cable this season have either hit a record-low in ratings and viewership or the lowest marks in at least ten years. Though low historically, Sunday's race performed well for NBCSN. It tied the third-highest rating ever on the network (previously VERSUS and OLN), trailing only the 2014 Canada/USA Olympic hockey semifinal (2.7) and this year's Brickyard 400 (3.0). It also scored the fourth-largest audience in network history, trailing NASCAR from the Brickyard (4.7M), Michigan (4.3M) and Pocono (4.3M). The race also ranks as the highest rated and most-watched of this year's Chase For the Cup, topping the previous highs of 2.5 and 4.0 million for Kansas on the NBC broadcast network, and the top race overall since Darlington on NBC Labor Day weekend (3.7, 5.9M).(Sports Media Watch)(10-29-2015)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the ratings are going to have to just flat line before anything is changed. :burt:

Overnight ratings dropped again for NASCAR's Chase For the Cup, but Talladega scored the sport's top overnight rating in over six weeks. NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Talladega, the sixth race in the Chase For the Cup, drew a 2.5 overnight rating on NBCSN Sunday afternoon - down 7% from last year and 2013, when coverage aired on ESPN (2.7 both years), and the 17th of 18 races on cable this year to have a decline in overnights. Despite the decline, the 2.5 overnight is the highest for any NASCAR race since Darlington on Labor Day weekend, which aired on the NBC broadcast network (3.4). The previous mark over that span was a 2.2 for Kansas the week before, which also aired on NBC. The 2.5 is also tied as the second-highest overnight for NASCAR on cable this season, matching Pocono in August and Martinsville on Fox Sports 1 in March. The only race to have a higher overnight on cable was the Brickyard 400, which drew a 2.9 on NBCSN in July. Head-to-head, NASCAR on NBCSN more-than-tripled competing coverage of the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix on NBC (0.7).(ShowBuzz Daily / Sports Media Watch) See past race TV Ratings, five-year comparison chart and more on the 2015 TV Ratings page.(10-27-2015)

UPDATE:
NASCAR hit another set of historical lows for Sunday's race at Talladega, but the numbers were more than good enough for NBCSN. NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Talladega, the sixth race in the Chase For the Cup, drew a 2.6 final rating and 4.2 million viewers on NBCSN Sunday afternoon - down 13% in ratings and 11% in viewership from last year (3.0, 4.8M) and down 16% and 14%, respectively, from 2013 (3.1, 4.9M), both of which aired on ESPN. Joey Logano's third straight win ranks as the lowest rated fall Talladega race since at least 2000 and the least-watched since at least 2001, each falling below the marks set last year. All 18 NASCAR races on cable this season have either hit a record-low in ratings and viewership or the lowest marks in at least ten years. Though low historically, Sunday's race performed well for NBCSN. It tied the third-highest rating ever on the network (previously VERSUS and OLN), trailing only the 2014 Canada/USA Olympic hockey semifinal (2.7) and this year's Brickyard 400 (3.0). It also scored the fourth-largest audience in network history, trailing NASCAR from the Brickyard (4.7M), Michigan (4.3M) and Pocono (4.3M). The race also ranks as the highest rated and most-watched of this year's Chase For the Cup, topping the previous highs of 2.5 and 4.0 million for Kansas on the NBC broadcast network, and the top race overall since Darlington on NBC Labor Day weekend (3.7, 5.9M).(Sports Media Watch)(10-29-2015)

I do my part.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UPDATE:

I like how the report says "Good for NBCSN". Considering like 60% of their shows consist of old fishing/hunting shows, any live sporting event would do a good rating.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I remember saying last year this was one of The Captains biggest concerns.....

And now it's a reality.

Nascar is a fucking joke. Honestly, I could give two shits less for this cheap sort of entertainment. This shit is no better than Wrassling....

:lol:

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I remember saying last year this was one of The Captains biggest concerns.....

And now it's a reality.

Nascar is a fucking joke. Honestly, I could give two shits less for this cheap sort of entertainment. This shit is no better than Wrassling....

:lol:

Do you mean Nascar officials or the sport itself? I only ask because you have Jr's 88 in your Teams list. I myself like the sport but think the administration of it is absolutely pathetic.

Considering we only get one race a year for F1 and I don't think MotoGP even comes to the U.S. our racing jones options are getting pretty thin, unless we're going to start broadcasting Cycling!?

NBCSN does a pretty good job with F1, I like most of their coverage there, you'll even see announcers being quite frank about the Sport's issues, which you're not seeing from NBCSN's coverage of Nascar.

Another thing I've noticed is ESPN does very little Nascar coverage at all. You'll see things like a ticker of the race outcome, maybe the quick interview with the Race Winner, but the sport is not covered otherwise.

Conversely, FoxSports1 does have more coverage especially considering they broadcast the first 1/2 of the year.

The trend looks bleak. It looks like local track racing is still the best place to get good racing, but those don't get broadcast much if at all.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watch a single chase race. My driver isn't in it, so fuckit.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean Nascar officials or the sport itself? I only ask because you have Jr's 88 in your Teams list. I myself like the sport but think the administration of it is absolutely pathetic.

Considering we only get one race a year for F1 and I don't think MotoGP even comes to the U.S. our racing jones options are getting pretty thin, unless we're going to start broadcasting Cycling!?

NBCSN does a pretty good job with F1, I like most of their coverage there, you'll even see announcers being quite frank about the Sport's issues, which you're not seeing from NBCSN's coverage of Nascar.

Another thing I've noticed is ESPN does very little Nascar coverage at all. You'll see things like a ticker of the race outcome, maybe the quick interview with the Race Winner, but the sport is not covered otherwise.

Conversely, FoxSports1 does have more coverage especially considering they broadcast the first 1/2 of the year.

The trend looks bleak. It looks like local track racing is still the best place to get good racing, but those don't get broadcast much if at all.

It's always seemed that the higher ups in NASCAR can't take any criticism of the product at all and hire yes men in the booth to further their agenda (see Waltrip, Darrell). Yeah, NASCAR isn't something ESPN has cared about since it was announced NBCSN was taking over the coverage of the second half of the season.

Haven't watch a single chase race. My driver isn't in it, so fuckit.

Neither is mine and has produced an image that I don't think that I can unsee.

CScSG0gWcAE03Xa.jpg