• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Such an utter embarassment

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Harvick was in the way. Was Bayne supposed to just stack the field up behind him waiting for Harvick to get out of the way?

When it had already been demonstrated that Harvick was looking to get out of the groove and you take away his easiest access, there's probably a reason why you're around 30th in points.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who have a problem with Harvick doing everything in his power to keep his season alive are probably the same bleeding hearts that had a problem with Ryan Newman forcibly moving Kyle Larson out of the way and into the wall on the last lap of Phoenix last year when that was his only chance to keep his championship hopes alive.
Not even close to the same situation, and you know it. Newman was racing hard for the position. Harvick was getting passed by a faster car and clearly dumped him to cause the caution.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it had already been demonstrated that Harvick was looking to get out of the groove and you take away his easiest access, there's probably a reason why you're around 30th in points.
Just because Harvick got out of the way on the 1st restart doesn't mean he was going doing the same thing again on the 2nd restart.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to the same situation, and you know it. Newman was racing hard for the position. Harvick was getting passed by a faster car and clearly dumped him to cause the caution.

And both of their seasons were on the line. When your season is on the line, you do what it takes to move on.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Harvick got out of the way on the 1st restart doesn't mean he was going doing the same thing again on the 2nd restart.

Pretty sure that would have been his only option, staying in the racing groove almost guaranteed he gets ran over and he's out of the chase anyways, but with a wreck car.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And besides, the two chase drivers involved in the wreck probably don't advance anyways even with Harvick falling out when Jr clears Logano and wins.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR made the bed, their rules, their shit, now they can deal with it. Was it dirty? Hell yea, it was dirty, but NASCAR set this shit up. You should be pissed with them for changing the fucking rules DURING the season. What other governing body does that? Fuck NASCAR!! I haven't watched a race since they took a political stand. Bunch of fucking morons running the show now. They completely affected the outcome of the race with their rule changes. They should have ended it after the first restart when the 48 got punted, but noooo, that wasn't good enough, so they got what we had here today. Fuck 'em and fuck you if you don't think you would have done the same to advance yourself.

You want it fixed, go back to the old points system, that worked, and leave it the fuck alone. This is all a product of Brian France and Co. fucking with the system. That is all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked it up online to see what all the fuss is about.

1) How the fuck was the first restart not official? They're just making shit up. The lights are green, they're in the restart zone, and Logano is accelerating. That's a restart.

2) Harvick absolutely caused that wreck on purpose and its foolish to say otherwise. NASCAR just doesn't have the balls to penalize him for the intentional wreck. On the first restart, Harvick moves up out of the way and proceeds to lose like 15 spots. That would have taken him out. So next chance he gets, he stays in his lane, waits for someone to pass him, and then intentionally clips the left rear of the 6 to start the wreck to bring out the caution and freeze the field. You even see him flick the wheel to the right in the in car so its total bullshit when NASCAR says "no evidence" (not to mention you see him move up the track anyway). That's an intentional wreck and they can penalize drivers for intentional wrecks.

3) I'm not even sure how Harvick was allowed to stay out there. It's known by everyone he can't maintain speed (sounds like something in the ECU forced the map to go into a "safe mode"). You'd think a car that can only go 30 mph would be a major safety concern on a restart. They pull cars off the track for debris hanging off and loads of other safety reasons, they could have pulled him too and there's nothing the 4 could complain about. Their car wasn't in race form, simple as that.

4) This bullshit is the PRIME reason ratings are tanking and numerous tracks are removing seating that they can't sell.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck 'em and fuck you if you don't think you would have done the same to advance yourself.

You want it fixed, go back to the old points system, that worked, and leave it the fuck alone. This is all a product of Brian France and Co. fucking with the system. That is all.

I debated on rating this as "winner" or "I love you, man"

Settled on winner.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I debated on rating this as "winner" or "I love you, man"

Settled on winner.
I had just come off the pond at my bro's and there were about 15 laps to go. He had the race on outside under the shed so I watched the last 15. I had heard earlier in the week that they were considering the rule change and couldn't believe it. This is all a product of "the play off" and the "only one" GWC attempt. NASCAR made this mess. I don't blame Harvick for this at all. In fact, I just saw a transcript of what was said prior to the last restart and it makes me think that it wasn't completely intentional.

11226061_10205393159014370_4580643742776754616_n.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had just come off the pond at my bro's and there were about 15 laps to go. He had the race on outside under the shed so I watched the last 15. I had heard earlier in the week that they were considering the rule change and couldn't believe it. This is all a product of "the play off" and the "only one" GWC attempt. NASCAR made this mess. I don't blame Harvick for this at all. In fact, I just saw a transcript of what was said prior to the last restart and it makes me think that it wasn't completely intentional.

View attachment 44484

Thankfully the only one GWC rule is only for plate tracks. I don't blame Harvick either, even if it was 100% intentional. If the season is on the line, you do what you gotta do.

Denny Hamlin bitching about it reaffirms this.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully the only one GWC rule is only for plate tracks. I don't blame Harvick either, even if it was 100% intentional. If the season is on the line, you do what you gotta do.

True

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Intentionally wrecking people on a superspeedway is a bitch move no matter how you slice it. It's not about championships, its about LIVES. Drivers (and given some recent history, fans) could get seriously hurt in that situation. That's why you never intentionally wreck a person. He put the safety of his fellow drivers at risk for his own gain. That's not "doing what he has to do". That's bullshit. But by all means keep making yourself look retarded because you can't separate being a fan from reality.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intentionally wrecking people on a superspeedway is a bitch move no matter how you slice it. It's not about championships, its about LIVES. That's why you never intentionally wreck a person. He put the safety of his fellow drivers at risk for his own gain. That's not "doing what he has to do". That's bullshit. But by all means keep making yourself look retarded because you can't separate being a fan from reality.

They weren't going at full speed, I think saying lives were on the line is a big stretch, especially given the safety of these cars.

A bitch move would have been giving up and conceding your championship bid is over.

But, keep crying.

Like I said, and like Edisto said, there's no respect to be given for any driver that wouldn't do the same thing if their championship hopes were on the line.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 2 Harvick fans are defending his actions......shocking

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't going at full speed, I think saying lives were on the line is a big stretch, especially given the safety of these cars.

A bitch move would have been giving up and conceding your championship bid is over.

But, keep crying.

Like I said, and like Edisto said, there's no respect to be given for any driver that wouldn't do the same thing if their championship hopes were on the line.

There were other ways around this without conceding your championship without intentionally ending the race.

I hope Harvick has the championship won heading into the final turn at homestead and someone send his bitch ass into the wall.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were other ways around this without conceding your championship without intentionally ending the race.

I hope Harvick has the championship won heading into the final turn at homestead and someone send his bitch ass into the wall.

Advance at all cost should be every championship eligible driver's mindset. If it's not, they aren't championship material.

Denny Hamlin, who wouldn't have advanced anyways being the most upset about it backs this up.

And if that happens, it happens, but right now, he's alive and well for back to back championships.

I've literally never seen a post from you that wasn't bitching about something.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any other opinions about the end of the race that isn't a bitter, depressed old man?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey-nascar-fans_o_811271.jpg