• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Su'a Cravens

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently he spent Saturday night speaking with Doug ...

the rumors on the internet is he wants to play for the cowboys because his mom is a big cowboys fan ...

but you cant believe anything on the internet

If the rumor is true (which I doubt) see what the Boys will give us. Accept nothing less than a 1st.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you hear diesel on the radio discussing Cravens this morning with Cooley ?

they have a new feature where you can watch the broadcast live now ...

reading cooley body language ... he DID NOT like riggos answer when it came to Cravens being accountable to his teammates

Audio Vault

Heh @ Cooley being shocked at Riggo's answer. I have to wonder if Cooley really knows who Riggo is or at least was back in his playing days. Its hard to think of another player who danced to their own tune the way Riggo danced to his. Man, the Skins were a lotta fun back then. Now that would've been a great time to have the internet, twitter, FB etc.

And Riggo's on point imo. Cravens doesn't owe us, fans, Redskins players, etc anything. And while a person, or at least some people, can't really turn on or turn off how they will feel in the future. It would've been nice to find this out before we penciled him in at a starting safety spot. Though who knows? Maybe that will end up a blessing in disguise for the Skins.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit i liked SM, and I know some have mentioned this angle before, but its astonishing how the "football players" he claimed he wanted turned out to be football haters (cravens and doctson). I know its only two players as examples and the jury is still out on doctson, but they were 1st and 2nd round picks. Maybe his new phrase should be, I want "I want football lovers, regardless of talent".:laugh3:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know how you can trust sewer cravens anymore . he better hope nicholson doesnt take his job

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears the the team shut Cravens down for the year despite the fact that he wanted to come back. Interesting move. They must have still felt his reluctance and hesitance in the Williams/Cravens meeting. If true, I can't blame them. If he is not 100% committed then let him sit for a year.

Does anyone know what happens to his contract in this situation?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit i liked SM, and I know some have mentioned this angle before, but its astonishing how the "football players" he claimed he wanted turned out to be football haters (cravens and doctson). I know its only two players as examples and the jury is still out on doctson, but they were 1st and 2nd round picks. Maybe his new phrase should be, I want "I want football lovers, regardless of talent".:laugh3:

Thank God that at least Fuller is playing well at this time. Will mean that at least one player from that draft is contributing (hopefully also includes Doctson soon & maybe Ioannidis will also help).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God that at least Fuller is playing well at this time. Will mean that at least one player from that draft is contributing (hopefully also includes Doctson soon & maybe Ioannidis will also help).
ioanidis is grading out well according to PFF for his playing time and he has a half sack so he is becoming a decent rotational guy .

as for sewer cravens leaving and put on that list it means he doesnt get paid for the year , we retain his rights , and the contract i believe goes an extra year before he comes off the rookie contract because he missed one year of it do to his choice

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand this, if he comes back in 2018 he will be on the second year of his rookie contract. The first year will be treated as if there was a non football situation. The rookie contract proceeds as if nothing happens.

All of that considered, I heard a report this morning that has me thinking that this partnership has come to an end. It seems that Cravens has not really made an effort to contact anyone in the organization including Williams despite another report to the contrary. The fjnal straw came when he (Cravens) was front and center at the USC- Texas game in support of his former team but a noticeable no show at the same venue for the Rams game. It was after that move that our front offices made him inactive for the season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

screw sewer cravens

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the kid figures out what he wants. Scot's picks are looking worse and worse.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand this, if he comes back in 2018 he will be on the second year of his rookie contract. The first year will be treated as if there was a non football situation. The rookie contract proceeds as if nothing happens.

All of that considered, I heard a report this morning that has me thinking that this partnership has come to an end. It seems that Cravens has not really made an effort to contact anyone in the organization including Williams despite another report to the contrary. The fjnal straw came when he (Cravens) was front and center at the USC- Texas game in support of his former team but a noticeable no show at the same venue for the Rams game. It was after that move that our front offices made him inactive for the season.

What a jerkoff move. I have no issue w/ him deciding to not play due to concussion or other injury concerns or even a lack of interest in football. However - would it really take that much effort to be w/ the team on Sun considering that he was at the exact same stadium the previous day? Does he not value any of his relationships with his fellow players or coaches? Whatever. Maybe he is one of these guys that finds it tough to actually watch NFL games at this time - oh well.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are the redskins trolling cravens ? lol

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agent: Redskins' Cravens cleared for activities

from keim

Washington Redskins safety Su'a Cravens has been cleared to resume football activities after suffering from post-concussion syndrome and wants to return in 2018, his agent said in a statement Tuesday.

Agent Fadde Mikhail said Cravens was treated by Dr. Michael Collins at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Sport Medicine Concussion Program.

"Su'a has undergone targeted treatment and rehabilitation," Mikhail said in a statement. "He is now asymptomatic and cleared to return back to ALL THINGS FOOTBALL. Su'a is excited and looking forward to the 2018 NFL season and the many years to follow."

D.J. Swearinger: Redskins' defense has taken 'major steps back'
Veteran D.J. Swearinger said that a lack of energy has plagued the Redskins' D, which has allowed 30 or more points in four of the past five games.

"Due to my concussion, my eyes have lost the memory to keep track of moving object so I have to wear these for the rest of my life," he said.

Cravens then missed the final three games of the season because of an elbow injury. At one point late in the year, he did not show up to the facility, leaving the Redskins to wonder about his whereabouts.

He participated in offseason and training camp practices until injuring his knee in the opening game of the 2017 preseason. He required arthroscopic surgery, and the Redskins felt he'd only miss 2-3 weeks.

Cravens remains under contract with the Redskins, but he could always request a trade if he does not want to return to Washington. The Redskins have had a hole at safety next to D.J. Swearinger, as rookie Montae Nicholson also has had multiple injuries.

The Redskins placed Cravens on the reserve/left squad list and thereby ended his season in part because they weren't sure they could trust him to not walk away again, sources said at the time. They also worried how the locker room would accept him after initially wanting to retire.

In late September, he gave away hundreds of jerseys with his No. 36 to fans outside a local mall. After that event, Cravens said, "Hopefully, around this time next year, I'll be back on that field."

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? He was in concussion protocol for all of this season? WTF? I thought that he simply lost the desire to play football. If he wants to come back to the Redskins I say why not (pending other players approval). If he demands some type of trade I say "screw him" unless they get crazy compensation (which they won't). He left the team hanging (& wouldn't even go to their game in LA).

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know how you can trust sewer cravens anymore . he better hope nicholson doesnt take his job

No real worry on that front. Though we still have no clue whatsoever if Cravens can be a full time safety or even if he should be a full time safety.

Shit. I don't blame Cravens if he wants to exit stage left the puzzle factory that is the Washington Redskins. That's a prudent move on the young man's part.