• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Su'a Cravens

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest mock on waltercampfootball.com has us taking him with our 1st pick. I've been a fan of him for his last two seasons. Our need has been safety for the past two years, as well. With that being said, I would not mind, if we took him at #21. He would actually fill two needs. He plays safety and doubles as a LB. Of course, we need both. I could see him playing the same role as Deone Bucannon plays for Arizona. I remember wanting him to be a pick at safety a few years, ago. Su'a Cravens is a much better prospect. He does everything well. He can run, cover, hits, and is a sure tackler. Not to mention, his versatility makes him likely a coveted pick for Scot McCloughan.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Cravens is a very interesting prospect. Those hybrid S/LB guys are hard to come by. If Reed, Elliot, and Nske are gone he could be the pick. If we take a WR over him I would be upset.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Cravens is a very interesting prospect. Those hybrid S/LB guys are hard to come by. If Reed, Elliot, and Nske are gone he could be the pick. If we take a WR over him I would be upset.

I found this post in my archives. Well, a WR (Josh Doctson) was taken over Cravens and he was still chosen. That's crazy in a good way.

Last edited:

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show off.

Not really! Lol I almost forgot I posted that, just like I kinda forgot about Su'a. We got so caught up with Karl Joseph and getting a DT. Needless to say, when Ken Harvey called his name, I started clapping. This guy brings so much to the table, as a player with his versatility. It's ironic that we'll play against his S/LB hybrid counterpart,

:D
Show off.

:D

Not really showing off. It's just so amazing that I actually forgot about Su'a with all of the SportsHoopla (no pun intended) about Karl Joseph and getting a DT, he slipped my mind, despite how much of a fan I was of his. Not to mention, he seemed to be a Scot McCloughan guy. The last line of my initial post was, "his versatility makes him likely a coveted pick of Scot McCloughan." I totally assumed right on that. Su'a brings everything to the table that you want in a defensive player. He totally fits our defensive scheme, despite him being a LB/S hybrid. I couldn't understand why some Skins fans didn't like this pick. Everyone is just so caught up in us getting a DT that they are blinded by the fact that we got a defensive player that can make an impact, despite him not being a DT. Sure! A DT's job is to stop the run and apply pressure, but a LB and a SS has that job, too. He's both. I saw Su'a make tackles for losses on RBs and meeting them at the LOS. He's probably one of the better defensive players in this draft and now, he's a Redskin. From what I hear, he was likely to be a Patriot, if we didn't get him. I am almost certain he would've been just another good Patriot defender, had they drafted him. I'm happy with this pick. In fact, when Ken Harvey called his name, I was so ecstatic, I started clapping. :clap:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this post in my archives. Well, a WR (Josh Doctson) was taken over Cravens and he was still chosen. That's crazy in a good way.

lol. that was months ago.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who'd you have the day before the draft?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really showing off. It's just so amazing that I actually forgot about Su'a with all of the SportsHoopla (no pun intended) about Karl Joseph and getting a DT, he slipped my mind, despite how much of a fan I was of his. Not to mention, he seemed to be a Scot McCloughan guy. The last line of my initial post was, "his versatility makes him likely a coveted pick of Scot McCloughan." I totally assumed right on that. Su'a brings everything to the table that you want in a defensive player. He totally fits our defensive scheme, despite him being a LB/S hybrid. I couldn't understand why some Skins fans didn't like this pick. Everyone is just so caught up in us getting a DT that they are blinded by the fact that we got a defensive player that can make an impact, despite him not being a DT. Sure! A DT's job is to stop the run and apply pressure, but a LB and a SS has that job, too. He's both. I saw Su'a make tackles for losses on RBs and meeting them at the LOS. He's probably one of the better defensive players in this draft and now, he's a Redskin. From what I hear, he was likely to be a Patriot, if we didn't get him. I am almost certain he would've been just another good Patriot defender, had they drafted him. I'm happy with this pick. In fact, when Ken Harvey called his name, I was so ecstatic, I started clapping. :clap:

I don't see too many that are upset with the pick. And I agree, we talked earlier about run defense not being all DL. It's s till a need but this is a good pick.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting factoid: Joe Barry recruited Cravens to play at USC. While Barry left before Cravens before he played there, Barry developed a relationship with him that apparently lasted until now.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craven though he was going to NE if I remember the story I saw earlier today. NE was interested.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ranking players who have never played a snap in the NFL is your cup of coffee ...

Cravens has come in at the number 12 spot

Dak Prescott, Vernon Hargreaves headline initial rookie rankings

12) Su'a Cravens, LB, Washington Redskins: Cravens moved all over the field in at USC, but he's settled in nicely at linebacker for theRedskins. He oozes with instincts and attacks ball carriers in a hurry. He has the athleticism to match up with tight ends and running backs in coverage and also has established himself as an asset on special teams. His versatility will prove to be a very valuable asset to the Redskins' defense this fall.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cravens sounds confident about his move to safety next season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Julius peppers back there and we can have the goods

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for this guy to get up to speed and start making plays. My first question is can he cover a tight end?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he can cover TEs and RBs. I wouldn't want him lined up solo against David Johnson or Shady or Kelce or
Reed for an entire game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trying him at SS. But realize, there will be a period of growing pains and big mistakes. It could be a long period (couple of seasons). One would expect that these mistakes grow less frequent with experience, but they will occur. Many on this board tend to react poorly at the first sign of mistakes. Will everyone give him a chance to grow into the job (and maybe fail)? I doubt it. Within a few games where he makes couple of blunders, some will be calling for the coach's head for misusing Cravens, and some will even go so far as to label him a bust and we should trade him while we can still get a 5th round pick. Mark my words here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for trying him at SS. But realize, there will be a period of growing pains and big mistakes. It could be a long period (couple of seasons). One would expect that these mistakes grow less frequent with experience, but they will occur. Many on this board tend to react poorly at the first sign of mistakes. Will everyone give him a chance to grow into the job (and maybe fail)? I doubt it. Within a few games where he makes couple of blunders, some will be calling for the coach's head for misusing Cravens, and some will even go so far as to label him a bust and we should trade him while we can still get a 5th round pick. Mark my words here.
You will be correct here