• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Su'a Cravens

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark - I am beginning to think that you have this strange desire to see the Redskins fail. Most of your posts are pretty negative & you seem to like other posters who have anything negative to say about the Skins. Granted Snyder & Allen do things that piss many of us off at times. Still - at the end of the day - I would hope that all fans want to see the team succeed regardless of who is running the show.

Please tell me that I am wrong.

Wanting to see them do well, but expecting them to fail does not mean Im hoping they fail. I think Breed is right that maybe he just doesnt want to be a Redskin. Which is quite possible actually. Sure I hope the team does well, but I dont expect them to. And that has little to do with the players we have and more to do with the constant toxic environment over the last 20 or so years.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad.

Play one year, earn $1.8M and move on with your long term health.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't want the same things as you do so you call him in ass?

I'm thinking he might not be the ass here...

He is in ass b/c he is blowing a once in a lifetime opportunity. You can always get depression pills. He will never see this kind of money in his life. I agree with sportster his desire is not there. When your a nfl safety you have to have that run threw a wall mindset.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in ass b/c he is blowing a once in a lifetime opportunity. You can always get depression pills. He will never see this kind of money in his life. I agree with sportster his desire is not there. When your a nfl safety you have to have that run threw a wall mindset.

So again, you think you know what he should want. Just because he can buy a thousand TVs after he breaks them doesn't mean he wants 1000 TVs.

His desire is not there because he knows football is just a job. Maybe he is tired of running through walls. He didn't piss his talent away on drugs at least. He isn't beating women. While it sucks for our team that he has lost interest, it is his choice. He isn't being an ass. He isn't being lazy. He is making as close to an informed decision as possible.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, you think you know what he should want. Just because he can buy a thousand TVs after he breaks them doesn't mean he wants 1000 TVs.

His desire is not there because he knows football is just a job. Maybe he is tired of running through walls. He didn't piss his talent away on drugs at least. He isn't beating women. While it sucks for our team that he has lost interest, it is his choice. He isn't being an ass. He isn't being lazy. He is making as close to an informed decision as possible.

If you don't want to play football fine. Don't give up on your team when the season is about to start. You are only young once. He has a gift and he is throwing it away. If you afraid of long term health concerns then why even put a helmet on in the first place.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he knows that not many people get to play in the nfl. And yet here he is possibly walking away because there are more important things.

As for depression. No dude. No you cant always get help for depression. That isnt some kick the can down the road thing. People end up dead that way.

Also we dont know if its depression or anything like that and theres no reason for us to know. Let the man make his own decisions and leave him alone. He knows what hes doing and its none of our business.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he knows that not many people get to play in the nfl. And yet here he is possibly walking away because there are more important things.

As for depression. No dude. No you cant always get help for depression. That isnt some kick the can down the road thing. People end up dead that way.

Also we dont know if its depression or anything like that and theres no reason for us to know. Let the man make his own decisions and leave him alone. He knows what hes doing and its none of our business.

Fine, but a week before the regular season. He comes out with this.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have to pay back the signing bonus?
Yup. At lest a prorated portion of it. He signed a 4 year deal and only played 1 year of it. He owes 3/4 of it back if he quits.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cravens simply doesn't want to be a Washington Redskin.
Now why would any player not want to be a washington redskin?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is probably not done. I would be concerned about his desire though. Great football players want to be great from the time they are young.
I agree with this.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad.

Play one year, earn $1.8M and move on with your long term health.

He won't be able to keep a good deal of that 1.8M if he voluntarily leaves.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. At lest a prorated portion of it. He signed a 4 year deal and only played 1 year of it. He owes 3/4 of it back if he quits.

Su'a Cravens

Take a look - this should clear it up. He is on the hook for the part of the signing bonus in the "Signing" column for each remaining year if he choices to leave on his own (unless the Redskins decide to let him keep it which seems highly unlikely).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting to see them do well, but expecting them to fail does not mean Im hoping they fail. I think Breed is right that maybe he just doesnt want to be a Redskin. Which is quite possible actually. Sure I hope the team does well, but I dont expect them to. And that has little to do with the players we have and more to do with the constant toxic environment over the last 20 or so years.

Well - I hope that they surprise us for the sake of you & other loyal fans who really deserve better.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want to play football fine. Don't give up on your team when the season is about to start. You are only young once. He has a gift and he is throwing it away. If you afraid of long term health concerns then why even put a helmet on in the first place.

Exactly. You are young once and have made a million dollars already. Why screw the rest of your life up?

The reason you put the helmet on is you are a kid and pushed to do so. You enjoy it. Then as an adult, you learn there are consequences and determine they are not worth the risk.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You are young once and have made a million dollars already. Why screw the rest of your life up?

The reason you put the helmet on is you are a kid and pushed to do so. You enjoy it. Then as an adult, you learn there are consequences and determine they are not worth the risk.

you learn that in college ball. He has to give 1.8m back if he retires. Anybody going to the pro game knows the long term effect. Most player don't even get a 2nd contract so they are only in the league for 4 or 5 years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to make sense of this is pointless he is sewer cravens to me

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones on Cravens. http://burgundy.blog/q3avC

DI-mGnGV4AA-cYL.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sewer cravens can get his immature life together all he wants . when i see his tweets , i see spoiled brat not some one in turmoil

pay the money back and go on about your business

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now why would any player not want to be a washington redskin?

I wasn't actually saying Cravens didn't want to be a Redskin. As much as I was wondering if Cravens didn't want to be a Redskin.

Shark seems to believe the atmosphere at Redskins Park is toxic. He without a doubt is blaming Snyder and Allen for that. I suggested that maybe it was living in the area when the hometown fan-base collectively gets down on a player that was toxic. I'm not sure the toxic thing has much merit myself. Also this situation with Craven seems different than anything I can recall.