• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steele's 2017 Toughest Schedule Rankings - ESPN Insidera

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but youve gone right. Yeah he lives out west (Arizona I think). I went to USC Bama in Arlington and I live in LA. I just laugh because he's here, Mr Die hard bama fan quoting every stat but never even seen them play. I go to one away game a year , usually it's the Notre Dame game (Ive got Marine buds in Chicago).

When the only way to watch the games is to go to them, let me know.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Auburn? and Ohio State? and Arkansas? And Nebraska? and Boston College?
Funny you leave out teams
When your team doen't leave your state at all for decades to play true OCC games do you really have anything to talk shit about these teams USC went to play? USC has went to play teams who have won NCs. Florida stays at home and plays Troy and Charleston Southern.

How many times do we have to go over this before you get it?

Jim, we can have a nice conversation as soon as
1. You tell me what the teams you want to discuss (UF, USC, FSU, OU, or whoever)
2. You tell me a time frame, any time frame, as long as it at least 5 seasons that you want to discuss
3. You tell me which types of games you want to discuss from: ALL away games; ALL home games; ALL regular season games; or ALL games including Bowl Games.

I will be glad to provide the ALL of the data.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do we have to go over this before you get it?

Jim, we can have a nice conversation as soon as
1. You tell me what the teams you want to discuss (UF, USC, FSU, OU, or whoever)
2. You tell me a time frame, any time frame, as long as it at least 5 seasons that you want to discuss
3. You tell me which types of games you want to discuss from: ALL away games; ALL home games; ALL regular season games; or ALL games including Bowl Games.

I will be glad to provide the ALL of the data.
Don't need no data.

Yall suck...and are a bunch of no-traveling pussies.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need no data.

WOW, you MUST be channeling SoCalJim. You're gonna regret that!

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does being that stupid come naturally or do you work hard at it?
I didn't list ALL of the OOC games. I was listing the OOC games that USC travels to that are against losing teams. Why would anyone travel across the country to play a lousy team other than to just brag about how many trips they make. The point is PLAY GOOD OPPONENTS OR DON'T TRAVEL!!!!
Then Make a point of why you are posting certain games instead of just cherry picking. For example, these are the teams with losing records USC played over those years etc. Calling someone stupid when you don't even clarify your post makes you look like a fucking punk who just wants to take shots at people.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, you MUST be channeling SoCalJim. You're gonna regret that!
giphy.gif

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is their a sos that includes ALL games including playing fcs/fbs schools? Would love to see a list that has with and without, side by side.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is their a sos that includes ALL games including playing fcs/fbs schools? Would love to see a list that has with and without, side by side.

BCF Toys - 2016 SOS Ratings

This doesn't include FCS schools, which is to say the FCS schools are considered automatic wins and provide no strength at all to the schedule. Even the worst FBS team provides more strength than any FCS team does on a schedule.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. So is sos truly accurate when the weaker foes aren't counted?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. So is sos truly accurate when the weaker foes aren't counted?

Depends on the formula. If it's a simple formula that uses averages, then no - leaving out the FCS teams would increase the SoS for teams that have them. Same as your average grade in school, leaving the FCS team out would be like leaving a 0 off your grade. It'll improve without the 0.

In the one I linked, it doesn't use averages. It uses the difficulty of the opponents to gauge the chance an "elite team" has of going undefeated on the schedule. Since it doesn't use the FCS opponents, it means the FCS opponent offers 100% chance of winning, and no resistance at all. Any FBS opponent would offer some resistance in that formula. So a team that plays 12 FBS team would benefit more than one who only played 11.

But, if it really is replacing it with the worst FBS team, it's not going to be a huge difference even though it will be different. If it's replacing it with a top5 team, then big difference.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice if they allowed FCS games, but did not let them count towards bowl eligibility. Unfortunately there are too many bowl games to actually implement it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS is what fans of Mama's Boy Teams need to feel good about themselves.
The Top Teams only need a couple of good/hard games to prove themselves each season.
Why do more than that.

If your team had spent the time/money/effort of building up its' brand over the past 3-4 generations, you wouldn't care, just like I don't care.

I like to see good games but lets not get ridiculous about it.
ABC team played XYZ team that has an SOS of #41 vs your team that played a LMNOP team that was #65 SOS.
It isn't that important.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Make a point of why you are posting certain games instead of just cherry picking. For example, these are the teams with losing records USC played over those years etc. Calling someone stupid when you don't even clarify your post makes you look like a fucking punk who just wants to take shots at people.

He always does that, Manipulate stats to make his shit stained Gators look good, this guy is a huge turd.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need no data.

I posted one -uno article comparing how Florida State seems to be able to find its way out of Florida to play decent OCC P5 teams. Something you claim isnt necessary. I agree , that Florida can just stay home and play Schools like Mercer, Troy and Charlston Southen and never leave the state to play OCC team. But dont whine when people call it exactly what it is- pussy scheduling. FSU shows its possible to have some balls and play in Florida. Basicly for the past six decades or so Florida has played the teams from the SEC on their schedule, FSU who they play every year and three Charlston Southerns. All the smoke you put up doesnt hide that.
So its easy. Florida hasnt had the balls to go play Any OCC teams at their house. Its just being pussies.USc in two years does more than florida in 60 years. I hope this clears it up for you.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always does that, Manipulate stats to make his shit stained Gators look good, this guy is a huge turd.

Statements like these are why I call you an idiot! Presenting ALL games and then categorizing them IS NOT MANIPULATING stats. UF has played 321 games over the past 25 season. When you pick out 11 games (those vs FCS teams) that is manipulating data by trying to characterize UF schedule by using less than 3.5% of the games.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a butthurt fan who still thinks they had a chance and their program wouldn't have turned into shit if their QB wasn't a pussy. Oh wait....

Eh, it's been more of a coaching problem anybody could see that. You have only watched your team on TV, but claim to be a life long fan even though nobody knew who you were until after the '09 season. GTFOH.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's been more of a coaching problem anybody could see that. You have only watched your team on TV, but claim to be a life long fan even though nobody knew who you were until after the '12 season. GTFOH.....

:fify:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame having a shitty year kills the preseason SOS ranking for UGA.