• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipping my post on the other thread I see??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense... You have the time to come to our threads and choose which one to click on. Would have taken the same amount of time to click on the other thread and read it just like you did this one.:scratch:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always have time to laugh in someones face after they look like a donkey. So yes I do have time for that.. Following you around not so much... Its all in fun guy..ur team looks terrible Im not telling u anything u don't know.

:nod:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling it's more about the simple fact that you looked like the bigger donkey and you feel the need to step on someone else to make yourself feel better... Yes Pitt does look terrible, but I wasn't going around boasting them to their opponents, the Titans fans. It was you that went around "talking football" (in your words) to Denver fans... But to everyone else it just sounded like an ignorant fan ranting and raving about how good their team was and that they weren't going to lose... Only to get throttled!

I still think it was hilarious that you felt the need to call me names... It cut me deep! :laugh3:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers sign C/G Fernando Velasco in wake of Maurkice Pouncey injury - Behind the Steel Curtain

Awesome pickup!!! I asked Hammer (Titans Fan) about this acquisition. Not many people saw my post in the other thread so I'll repost here...

For anyone that doesn't venture too far outside the Steelers board, Hammer himself had this to say about the newly acquired Valesco:

Very, very solid! Started every game last season for us and many were shocked that he lost his roster spot and speculated that the Titans would pick him up later. I think it was a mistake to let him go to but at least we don't have to worry about facing him and a team that has picked his brain for inside info.

He's going to play well for you.

This is at least a step in the right direction... That is, if he is who Hammer says he is! Now lets hope the offense can figure out a better game plan! If only we still had the wizard Sean Kugler around. That man was a magician when it came to putting together a makeshift O-line and coming up with answers. Hopefully Bicknell has something up his sleeves!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good article.

Colbert made two calls that imo are coming back to bite him trifold!

#1...to make one more run, he made the call to extend contracts to a lot of very good Steelers late in their prime after the loss the GB. Aaron Smith, Harrison, Troy P, Hampton, Keisel, Ward, etc. Those guys went to 2 and in a few cases 3 SBs...insane in this era of the NFL, they deserved the money.

Hindsight is 20/20...these guys were still good, and it kept the team at a playoff level, but...it created a really bad cap situation that PIT has been facing for several yrs...it really hurt them in being able to retain FA before they hit the UFA market such as Wallace or matching to keep Lewis.

#2...now that you've spent the cap money, the draft has to pay dividends and there are too many areas of the team now that have avg talent by playoff caliber teams standard.

So...no significant cap space, and marginal talent in a lot of areas is the result. That's a double whammy...Harrison is making like $4 mil this yr...while playing for CIN...same thing last year when they cut Colon.

Of course Colbert has made some good picks as well. We'll have the see how this class fares, but overall as a fan, you take the good with the bad I guess, but imo Colbert needs this team to play well this season to keep this job.

Some of us remember that Cowher wanted the GM role or at least a bigger hand in picking players after getting to the . He felt he could do it better than Colbert and the Rooneys wanted to keep the GM separate structure in place...I'm sure Tomlin didn't have the say that Cowher did since he was such a young coach, but they could be tied at the hip.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article.

Colbert made two calls that imo are coming back to bite him trifold!

#1...to make one more run, he made the call to extend contracts to a lot of very good Steelers late in their prime after the loss the GB. Aaron Smith, Harrison, Troy P, Hampton, Keisel, Ward, etc. Those guys went to 2 and in a few cases 3 SBs...insane in this era of the NFL, they deserved the money.

Hindsight is 20/20...these guys were still good, and it kept the team at a playoff level, but...it created a really bad cap situation that PIT has been facing for several yrs...it really hurt them in being able to retain FA before they hit the UFA market such as Wallace or matching to keep Lewis.

#2...now that you've spent the cap money, the draft has to pay dividends and there are too many areas of the team now that have avg talent by playoff caliber teams standard.

So...no significant cap space, and marginal talent in a lot of areas is the result. That's a double whammy...Harrison is making like $4 mil this yr...while playing for CIN...same thing last year when they cut Colon.

Of course Colbert has made some good picks as well. We'll have the see how this class fares, but overall as a fan, you take the good with the bad I guess, but imo Colbert needs this team to play well this season to keep this job.

Some of us remember that Cowher wanted the GM role or at least a bigger hand in picking players after getting to the . He felt he could do it better than Colbert and the Rooneys wanted to keep the GM separate structure in place...I'm sure Tomlin didn't have the say that Cowher did since he was such a young coach, but they could be tied at the hip.

Hit the nail right on the head!

1) I agree, these guys were all worth the money. If he had to do it all over again he probably would have weened off of the "veteran teet" more and more each passing season. That way it wouldn't be such a roster shock to release 3-4 veterans in a single offseason. But as we know, Colbert got his hand stuck in the cookie jar! :doh: After the next few offseasons I think most of the excess fat will be trimmed and Pitt will be back on the right track. They just need to have more successful drafts!

2) Yep, he really gave himself ZERO margin for error when it came to drafting. If I didn't know him any better I would say he is a gambling man! IMO he revived himself a little with the last draft, but his coaches aren't utilizing the talent yet. So the verdict is still out on a few of the rookies. I'll keep the faith in Colbert for now, since I'm more focused on the coaches at this point.
:ballchain:

PS That would be awesome if they brought in Cowher to replace Colbert...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit the nail right on the head!

1) I agree, these guys were all worth the money. If he had to do it all over again he probably would have weened off of the "veteran teet" more and more each passing season. That way it wouldn't be such a roster shock to release 3-4 veterans in a single offseason. But as we know, Colbert got his hand stuck in the cookie jar! :doh: After the next few offseasons I think most of the excess fat will be trimmed and Pitt will be back on the right track. They just need to have more successful drafts!

2) Yep, he really gave himself ZERO margin for error when it came to drafting. If I didn't know him any better I would say he is a gambling man! IMO he revived himself a little with the last draft, but his coaches aren't utilizing the talent yet. So the verdict is still out on a few of the rookies. I'll keep the faith in Colbert for now, since I'm more focused on the coaches at this point.
:ballchain:

PS That would be awesome if they brought in Cowher to replace Colbert...

All over again...I think he would've let a couple of guys go sooner, but I admit...I was really thinking they were going to beat DEN (talk about coaching) and go on to the SB. He gambled and lost.

Coaching...my focus is on the OC...and secondly the penalties and small things that lose games for you like the Bucs LB that pushed the Jet QB who was already OB...that stupid play literally lost the game for the Bucs.

Cowher...at this point I'd like to see him in that role probably over a coach actually.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of has no choice until Bell is ready...Jones apparently does not know enough of the playbook yet and Dwyer they only resigned out of desperation.

While I agree, they should go out and pick up a veteran FA or two.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikel Leshoure would welcome trade from Detroit Lions, source says - ESPN

Our time is now! They need to make a move and get the running game back on track.

Would need to be a player for player deal...They already traded a 6th round pick for Jones didn't they?

I would let the dust settle on what we have...I'm not a huge believer in Redman...Dwyer probably will get a shot to play...I expect him to play well and hold the job until Bell returns after the bye.

I'm more concerned about short term TE, and most concerned about the WRs...not certain Sanders will do enough and I need to see something from Wheaton soon...it will be tough to score with Cotchery as the 3rd guy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would need to be a player for player deal...They already traded a 6th round pick for Jones didn't they?

I would let the dust settle on what we have...I'm not a huge believer in Redman...Dwyer probably will get a shot to play...I expect him to play well and hold the job until Bell returns after the bye.

I'm more concerned about short term TE, and most concerned about the WRs...not certain Sanders will do enough and I need to see something from Wheaton soon...it will be tough to score with Cotchery as the 3rd guy.

Actually it was a player for player deal, Jones for Adrian Robinson.

Yeah not sure if Leshoure could come for a pick due to cap constraints. I doubt the Steelers have depth where the Lions need help and the Steelers can't afford to trade any young depth on Defense, so yeah I agree it would be nice but not sure how/if it could happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was a player for player deal, Jones for Adrian Robinson.

Yeah not sure if Leshoure could come for a pick due to cap constraints. I doubt the Steelers have depth where the Lions need help and the Steelers can't afford to trade any young depth on Defense, so yeah I agree it would be nice but not sure how/if it could happen.

Good pick up...it was a player for player to get Jones...I thought Felix looked okay last night...I saw him miss once on a blitz pickup...but as a runner he was fine.