• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers roster: Moves expected in wake of injuries - Behind the Steel Curtain

Moves coming this week... Not sure how this will play out, but if L. Brown's injury is bad then Joe Long should be activated from PS.

Brown & Johnson both went on IR...to fill those spots on the 53...They signed a TE Richard Gordon, FA, and brought up Isiah Green, CB, from the PS...no word on who was signed to the PS to replace Green.

I don't think they will bring up another OL...they will have Adams active from now on probably.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they feel the need to carry 5 active RB's (1 for FB) and only 7 O-lineman... Given our history with lineman you would think they would want to carry at least 8 active O-lineman. Makes more sense to carry another option given the OT situation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they feel the need to carry 5 active RB's (1 for FB) and only 7 O-lineman... Given our history with lineman you would think they would want to carry at least 8 active O-lineman. Makes more sense to carry another option given the OT situation.

Agree given the history...Special teams I'm gathering...typically the FB and at least 1 other RB are on ST sometimes 2 RBs.

Beachum is the wildcard because he can play G & T, but with him now starting they have to keep a T active along with Cody Wallace...they were lucky vs the Jets, because Brown went down in pregame warm ups, they only had one other OL active...Wallace.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that was downright scary... One more injury and things could have gotten ugly! I was worrying about that every snap last sunday...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Brown trade will net the Arizona Cardinals no exchange of draft picks. - Revenge of the Birds

Deal is null and void...

Still makes our FO look horrible... Monkeys playing with tools over here...

Never played a snap, so I'm sure the conditions were never realized...I was in another thread and AZ fan thought we'd been duped...I don't think he grasped...conditional.

FO...I've been down on Colbert for a while...in this case I actually think Tomlin panicked because of the record and put Colbert in a tough spot looking for a starting caliber LT 5 weeks into the season.

The reason I said panic is b/c you know that he and Haley saw every snap Adams took LY, every snap he in camp this yr, and the preseason season games. They had to see what we've seen. Maybe they thought Adams would be just as good as Starks with some games under his belt, but the record forced the quick hook...idk, but giving up a conditional pick for a former #5 overall pick coming off injury was a tell tell sign that he wasn't a long term solution so I can't kill him over that one..

BAL gave a lot more for a better prospect.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to agree with you but the way we have been recycling players the last few years I will call it a vacation for now!!!!

No kidding...actually league wide this year....lots of guys on IR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Update

According to Dave Bryan of the Steeler Depot...PIT has released their final injury report for the BUF game. Sharmarko Thomas out, Woodley doubtful, Foster & Keisel questionable.

Brett is quoted as saying he will play...Looks like J Jones is going to have grow up quickly as I'm sure Worilds will move to LOLB. Thomas has a high ankle, I'm not thinking he's back until end of the month at the earliest.

If Foster can't go I guess Whimper plays LG.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers.com

Has reported that C, Valesco has been placed on season ending IR with an achilles injury suffered late in the Ravens game...Beachum was also injured with a knee...at this point, the extent of his injury I have not seen.

Happens to every team I know, but wow...losing 2 centers within 13 weeks is huge.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has reported that C, Valesco has been placed on season ending IR with an achilles injury suffered late in the Ravens game...Beachum was also injured with a knee...at this point, the extent of his injury I have not seen.

Happens to every team I know, but wow...losing 2 centers within 13 weeks is huge.

Around 1-2 guys on the O-line get injured per game, ON AVERAGE!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 to 5 yds a pop...I certainly didn't expect that with a new C, but it was working.

I think DEF is why they lost but it does make you wonder, why stop what is working?