• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer has tweeted that Bell barring no setbacks in practice this week is more than likely going to play in London this week...initially the thought was they would it might be week 6 after the bye to get him back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think? They are desperate, but Felix Jones has actually played okay sans the fumble. I don't think they would chance it unless he can practice fully.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers have traded for Levi Brown, OT with AZ.

Cards send Levi Brown to Steelers | ProFootballTalk

IMO, this is a major deal...PIT normally doesn't give up on young players this quickly, but they don't often start 0-4 either.

Essentially Tomlin is saying Adams cannot play LT in the NFL after only 4 starts. He has looked better as a RT, but for now, this 2nd rd pick of '12 will be riding the pine.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is horrible. Everyone in AZ is very happy he is gone... the dude can't block ANYONE with ANY kind of speed. It's sad.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers have traded for Levi Brown, OT with AZ.

Cards send Levi Brown to Steelers | ProFootballTalk

IMO, this is a major deal...PIT normally doesn't give up on young players this quickly, but they don't often start 0-4 either.

Essentially Tomlin is saying Adams cannot play LT in the NFL after only 4 starts. He has looked better as a RT, but for now, this 2nd rd pick of '12 will be riding the pine.

I don't like this trade. Nothing that Brown has ever done since being drafted has impressed me. And I really have my doubts this guy will have success in the AFCN, where there are many good pass rushers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard I think Colbert is trying to find himself another "Starks"... A veteran capable of filling the void. My philosophy here is that it couldn't be any worse than Adams, or at least I hope not. But IMO, this guy was/is a bust to begin with so not sure he is the answer.

First it was Whimper....(Strike 1)....Then Batiste....(Strike 2)....Now Brown????....(Maybe Strike 3?).... I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in the FO has the slightest clue as to what they are doing...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would bring myself to say this, but maybe its time to clean house!!!!

Our offensive coach cant make the connection with the players

Our Defensive coach is Hall of Fame no doubt, but his methods dont seem to be getting it anymore

The GM has done a real half ass job on replacing talent

And the head coach well his overly witty sayings to make him sound super intelligent are getting fuckin old!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this trade. Nothing that Brown has ever done since being drafted has impressed me. And I really have my doubts this guy will have success in the AFCN, where there are many good pass rushers.

I don't like it much either but the trade itself can't hurt (conditional pick likely to be a 5th or 6th rounder, his cap hit did not require the FO to restructure his deal). No guaranteed money due Brown from PIT.

In the short term...he's got to be better than Adams just on experience alone...he's a stop gap player...shows they have not given up on the season. IMO, the record drove them to make this move...they just couldn't afford the time it takes to develop a LT prospect.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it much either but the trade itself can't hurt (conditional pick likely to be a 5th or 6th rounder, his cap hit did not require the FO to restructure his deal). No guaranteed money due Brown from PIT.

In the short term...he's got to be better than Adams just on experience alone...he's a stop gap player...shows they have not given up on the season. IMO, the record drove them to make this move...they just couldn't afford the time it takes to develop a LT prospect.

They entered this season knowing that they had very little in proven veteran experience at the LT position. Gilbert cut his teeth at the LT spot last year, and Adams, while also being injured last year, had practically zero experience at the position in his rookie season. Whatever made them think they had the answer for the position on their roster, other than the high draft picks spent on those two, just puzzles me. LT is one of those spots on the roster that is paramount to success. Leaving it for two relative high draft picks, but not 1st Rd. material, was a giant risk made by the front office.

Now, they're trading away another draft pick in 2014 because they failed to address the LT spot last offseason. We also sent a 2014 3rd pick to CLE for the chance to grab Shamarko Thomas this year. For a team that prides itself on building exclusively through the draft, they sure are being liberal with how many upcoming picks they're left with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They entered this season knowing that they had very little in proven veteran experience at the LT position. Gilbert cut his teeth at the LT spot last year, and Adams, while also being injured last year, had practically zero experience at the position in his rookie season. Whatever made them think they had the answer for the position on their roster, other than the high draft picks spent on those two, just puzzles me. LT is one of those spots on the roster that is paramount to success. Leaving it for two relative high draft picks, but not 1st Rd. material, was a giant risk made by the front office.

Now, they're trading away another draft pick in 2014 because they failed to address the LT spot last offseason. We also sent a 2014 3rd pick to CLE for the chance to grab Shamarko Thomas this year. For a team that prides itself on building exclusively through the draft, they sure are being liberal with how many upcoming picks they're left with.

No doubt this was a knee jerk move...if they were 2-2 I don't think they would be doing this...coming off 8-8 LY, I think there was some degree of panic.

Spot on about the risk...money move imo...Starks played well his last year here, but the cap comes back to bite them yet again...they couldn't afford to keep him.

I'm not as down on Adams as a lot of other fans are...he's 2nd round talent, and imo for an OL that means some development is needed for him to be a legit starter...not having Miller or Spaith to help him out really hurt imo.