• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely against it for multiple reasons. But I know this would definitely be a nightmare for Tomlin.

I can't say that I've never seen the show, but realty TV type stuff just doesn't do it for me even under the sports umbrella so I don't have the full scoop on it...saw the Jets on it one year, that was maybe 15 mins of watching.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it...great hire. Probably only a season or 2, but worst case...we should find out for certain if Adams can play LT...if they take an OT in the 3rd rd he might not like what he sees.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Yinzers!

Looks like the Bills are going to take a crack at Olsavsky to potentially fill their LB coach position.

Buffalo Bills to interview Steelers assistant Jerry Olsavsky - Buffalo Rumblings

Chances are slim that PIT brings Kiesel back, but he wants to be here regardless.

Brett Keisel's future is in Pittsburgh even if he's not on the Steelers - Behind the Steel Curtain

Article on Saxon's challenges ahead...

James Saxon's challenge not just developing starter, but developing depth - Behind the Steel Curtain

Contract priorities are taking shape...

Steelers Offseason Priorities ? Extending Ben Roethlisberger | Steelers Depot

"Captain Hindsight" McSteel's article on personnel mistakes over the past couple seasons.

Scout.com: Steelers' Painful Personnel Mistakes

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Yinzers!

Looks like the Bills are going to take a crack at Olsavsky to potentially fill their LB coach position.

Buffalo Bills to interview Steelers assistant Jerry Olsavsky - Buffalo Rumblings

Chances are slim that PIT brings Kiesel back, but he wants to be here regardless.

Brett Keisel's future is in Pittsburgh even if he's not on the Steelers - Behind the Steel Curtain

Article on Saxon's challenges ahead...

James Saxon's challenge not just developing starter, but developing depth - Behind the Steel Curtain

Contract priorities are taking shape...

Steelers Offseason Priorities ? Extending Ben Roethlisberger | Steelers Depot

"Captain Hindsight" McSteel's article on personnel mistakes over the past couple seasons.

Scout.com: Steelers' Painful Personnel Mistakes

I don't think re-signing the vets after the GB loss was a mistake...they did get back to the playoffs and went into OT vs DEN before losing...had they never gotten back to the playoff...ok, you can call it a mistake.

Of course the aftermath of losing a player like Lewis to FA hurts...Lewis/Allen would have been a great young duo. I'm not sure why they felt Ike was the better option over Lewis. The biggest mistake imo was restructuring Woodley.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think re-signing the vets after the GB loss was a mistake...they did get back to the playoffs and went into OT vs DEN before losing...had they never gotten back to the playoff...ok, you can call it a mistake.

Of course the aftermath of losing a player like Lewis to FA hurts...Lewis/Allen would have been a great young duo. I'm not sure why they felt Ike was the better option over Lewis. The biggest mistake imo was restructuring Woodley.

If you recall, I was very pro-Allen so I wasn't very opinionated on whether Lewis was going to be resigned or not. I do agree that Lewis & Allen would have been an excellent young duo. But I can see the justification of keeping Taylor around, primarily for his leadership. Taylor & Clark are the most outspoken leaders on that defense. I wish they would have asked Taylor to take a paycut though so that they could have resigned Lewis.

Woodley is a very large thorn in this franchise's side, regardless of his future. My prediction is they keep him around due to the amount of money already invested, and they will let Worilds walk.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pro Allen also...it supposedly came down to the last preseason game to determine the starter and Lewis outplayed him or Allen got hurt...I forget, but I know it was close.

I'm a big Ike fan but after getting torched in DEN in that playoff game...some of Ike was left out on that field imo. I was more in the Lewis/Allen camp, but Taylor held his own last season...timing was just off to retain Lewis.

Woodley/Worilds...the wording of the statements I've heard from Art..."we're going to try to re-sign Worilds" tells me they will offer him what they can, but probably won't make any major moves to make an offer close to what he'll get as a FA.

Agree...we can only hope Woodley produces an injury free season this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all... Here are the news from around the web!

Steelers Film Room (BTSC)... Mike Munchak

Steelers Film Room: Mike Munchak as an offensive line coach - Behind the Steel Curtain

Ike Taylor wants to retire a Steeler

Ike Taylor wants to retire as a Steeler - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Bettis HOF plea...

'The Bus' needs to make Hall of Fame stop - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Remember Nick Eason? Titans just hired him as a DL coach...

Titans Hire Former Steelers DL Nick Eason As Assistant Defensive Line Coach | Steelers Depot

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all... Here are the news from around the web!

Steelers Film Room (BTSC)... Mike Munchak

Steelers Film Room: Mike Munchak as an offensive line coach - Behind the Steel Curtain

Ike Taylor wants to retire a Steeler

Ike Taylor wants to retire as a Steeler - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Bettis HOF plea...

'The Bus' needs to make Hall of Fame stop - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Remember Nick Eason? Titans just hired him as a DL coach...

Titans Hire Former Steelers DL Nick Eason As Assistant Defensive Line Coach | Steelers Depot

A 1st ballot guy Brooks (deserving I thought), 1st punter selected, and Aneas Williams getting in had to hurt Bettis.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Bettis didn't get in.
Wonder what the thinking behind that is?

Don't even get me started... I argued with a NE fan for half a day about it. The main thing people "have" against Bettis is that he is a 'stat compiler' and not necessarily an elite RB. Which is absolute ludacris. I don't know how anyone can argue that a top 3 rusher (1996 & 1997) isn't elite. Yes Barry Sanders cast a BIG shadow during that time, but still, top 3 in rushing yards back to back years is more than deserving of notice. And if anyone else wants to argue it, the stats speak for themself...

• 13,662 Rush yards (6th in NFL history)
• Eight seasons with 1,000 Rush yds (T-5th in NFL history)
• First Rams rookie to rush for 1,000 yards since Eric Dickerson, 1983
• Rams leading rusher 1993-95
• Steelers leading rusher 1996-2001, 2003-04
• Steelers leader in total yards from scrimmage, 1996-2001
• Fifty 100-yd games with Steelers (franchise record)
• Six-time Pro Bowler
• Two-time First-Team All-Pro
• Fourteen players in NFL history have rushed for at least 12,000 yards. Of the 12 that are eligible for the Hall of Fame, Bettis is the only one not already enshrined.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all! Here's some news to go with your morning coffee...

Terry Bradshaw's father died... Condolences to the family:
Condolences to the Bradshaw family - Behind the Steel Curtain

Ben disagrees with the push for a playoff change:
Big Ben favors status quo with playoffs - Pittsburgh Steelers Blog - ESPN

Mindless article about the Steelers' odds of making it all the way next year:
Super Bowl 2015 Odds: Steelers Listed At 40/1 To Win Super Bowl XLIX | Steelers Depot

Revisiting Noll's legacy:
Starkey: Revisiting Noll's legacy | TribLIVE

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bettis, much like Reed clearly has the #s for the HOF as Face has listed and he'll eventually get in imo...some of the voters have personal agendas, etc. but in this case I think Bettis is just a victim of bad timing...this year he was hurt by a punter going in (a 1st) and a 1st ballot guy going in.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the media fucks everything else up... why not this too!!!!

Fuck the media on all this shit.... WE (the fans) are the ones funding all these dumbass staduims and paying these players off the wall salaries...WE should be the ones voting for players to do anything... HOF, Pro Bowl, MVP, Anything these players get voted for WE should be the ones voting, Not these jagoffs from the fuckin press!!!