• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be the case more & more. My biggest issue with Tomlin is his non-conformist ignorance. Everyone in the world can see what ails the team every year, but he is always backing the personnel, staff & scheme like there's no problems at all. I know its part of the HC job to instill confidence, but damn he always comes off as irritatingly dense.

Like we know the every-down defensive zone scheme is a huge flaw in today's NFL, but Tomlin seems to believe it works &it boils down to execution. How many times does the team need to get slaughtered by playoff teams before he finally understands this?

I think the whole fuckin with the defense is one of the MAJOR reasons they could not wait to part ways with Lebeau.....You know damn well Lebeau would not of stood quietly for all the bullshit he is pulling on Defense.
He still thinks he is this all knowing defensive fuckin wizard, and if he feels so strongly about this, maybe he should just step down and get a defense that will be happy to be fucked up!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one of Tomlins guys whom he had a hard-on for and it turned out to be a limp dick....
Tomlin should convey his needs to Colbert as far as positions and then shut the fuck up.
Colbert was always an ace at this shit, now with Tomlin's dumbass input, there have been far to many WTF picks for this team.

Yep...There have definitely been some WTF picks, but Since Tomlin got more involved in the draft...Colbert has made some good picks...Heyward, Tuitt, Shazier, DeCastro, but the fuck ups have been big fuck ups. Jarvis was a big fuck up @ 17....you can miss on a 1st rd pick in the late 20s or whatever, but nearly every PIT pick in the teens or higher has been a winner. You can't afford to miss on those.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole fuckin with the defense is one of the MAJOR reasons they could not wait to part ways with Lebeau.....You know damn well Lebeau would not of stood quietly for all the bullshit he is pulling on Defense.
He still thinks he is this all knowing defensive fuckin wizard, and if he feels so strongly about this, maybe he should just step down and get a defense that will be happy to be fucked up!!!!
I know ATL & I have talked about it ever since the ESPN days, but we knew at some point Tomlin was going to influence the defense. Before his hiring back in '07, his entire NFL history revolved around defense (D-Backs coach in Cincy & TB, then D-coordinator for the Vikes). A defensive-minded HC will always influence the defense.

It was only a matter of time before Tomlin pushed Lebeau out the door. But it was confusing that Tomlin went with Lebeau's heir. Probably had a lot to do with Butler being on board with allowing Tomlin to influence his schemes. Else, Butler would have bolted long ago when teams were interviewing him prior to Lebeau leaving.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be the case more & more. My biggest issue with Tomlin is his non-conformist ignorance. Everyone in the world can see what ails the team every year, but he is always backing the personnel, staff & scheme like there's no problems at all. I know its part of the HC job to instill confidence, but damn he always comes off as irritatingly dense.

Like we know the every-down defensive zone scheme is a huge flaw in today's NFL, but Tomlin seems to believe it works &it boils down to execution. How many times does the team need to get slaughtered by playoff teams before he finally understands this?

My biggest issue with Tomlin right now is centered on what @Psych-Ward mentioned earlier.

What have you done lately, and that BS DEF scheme he dialed up (or approved to be dialed up) for the AFCCG still bothers me. Reportedly Tomlin doesn't think the scheme had anything to do with the loss...that still irks the shit out of me.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...There have definitely been some WTF picks, but Since Tomlin got more involved in the draft...Colbert has made some good picks...Heyward, Tuitt, Shazier, DeCastro, but the fuck ups have been big fuck ups. Jarvis was a big fuck up @ 17....you can miss on a 1st rd pick in the late 20s or whatever, but nearly every PIT pick in the teens or higher has been a winner. You can't afford to miss on those.

I still hear nails on the chalkboard with the biggest bust of the Tomlin/Colbert era.......

Rashard I fucking suck Mendenhall

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Tomlin right now is centered on what @Psych-Ward mentioned earlier.

What have you done lately, and that BS DEF scheme he dialed up (or approved to be dialed up) for the AFCCG still bothers me. Reportedly Tomlin doesn't think the scheme had anything to do with the loss...that still irks the shit out of me.
In today's NFL, you either adapt to it or get left behind in the dust. They have been fairing well as of late, and that scheme works ok, but its pretty easy to see that it will take nothing short of a miracle to get past NE if they ever want to sniff a Super Bowl again. However I do fear that NE has provided the blueprint to defeating this team. Other AFC teams should take note if they stick to that scheme.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG, that was the biggest fuckin collapse ever.....worse than what the falcons did in the Super Bowl.
They were doing excellent in the first quarter....and it seemed like when Bell went out, the D went to a zone.

I mean look at the pressure we put on Brady in the first quarter, they even put him on his ass a couple times. Then bam, they tore us apart. And what the fuck did they expect, New England's offense is set up to r-ape zone defenses. We could of killed them until Tomlin flipped the switch on the D, and fuck what he says, him and his philosophies are bullshit!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's NFL, you either adapt to it or get left behind in the dust. They have been fairing well as of late, and that scheme works ok, but its pretty easy to see that it will take nothing short of a miracle to get past NE if they ever want to sniff a Super Bowl again. However I do fear that NE has provided the blueprint to defeating this team. Other AFC teams should take note if they stick to that scheme.

I have to agree with @ATL96Steeler
Tomlin changed the D in that game..... What we were doing in the first quarter was working....we kept them close, and we could of beat them. There is no way in hell, that was not a zone D in the last 3 quarters. They had no pressure on brady at all after the first quarter....that is not possible unless you change schemes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hear nails on the chalkboard with the biggest bust of the Tomlin/Colbert era.......

Rashard I fucking suck Mendenhall

Big bust...I have no real proof, but based on the few tidbits I've learned thru the grapevine. Colbert pretty much ran the show from '07 to '10 as Tomlin was still just a pup himself.

I think Tomlin's 1st yr of really being involved was '11 or '12 season...definitely the '13 season forward have been his drafts in terms of influence.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with @ATL96Steeler
Tomlin changed the D in that game..... What we were doing in the first quarter was working....we kept them close, and we could of beat them. There is no way in hell, that was not a zone D in the last 3 quarters. They had no pressure on brady at all after the first quarter....that is not possible unless you change schemes.
Fingers crossed that the lightbulb turns on in that thick head of his this offseason...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed that the lightbulb turns on in that thick head of his this offseason...

Even the D that won him a Super Bowl was better than this shit he has going now.
They had flaws, but this hybrid bullshit is just that, BULLSHIT!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big bust...I have no real proof, but based on the few tidbits I've learned thru the grapevine. Colbert pretty much ran the show from '07 to '10 as Tomlin was still just a pup himself.

I think Tomlin's 1st yr of really being involved was '11 or '12 season...definitely the '13 season forward have been his drafts in terms of influence.

Like I said, Tomlin needs to convey his needs, give his input and then leave the room......

And close the doors behind him. Colbert has been the ace of putting this team together forever, now all of a sudden Tomlin thinks he has this talent....Do something other than being a one year wonder and we will consider this, till then, go learn ya some new lame ass philosophies!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They clearly started out the season LY intent on protecting the back end of the DEF since they were playing Davis from the outset. It worked early, the WAS game they got out in front big. Same thing vs CIN. Then they got scorched by PHI...1st sign of seeing why they might want to protect the back end.

Fireworks went off in the KC game...handled a weak NYJ OFC then the wheels fell off. Coming out of the bye, they took the training wheels off and started blitzing a lot more and they went on a run. Granted they didn't face many great QBs during the run but the philosophy was working into the playoffs...even early in the AFCCG they got pressure, why they chose to back off is still beyond me...fucking live or die going after Brady...if you get beat, you get beat.

Yeah they tried to go man and come after him after they were down big, but NE was ready for it then.

ATL kinda did the same thing. They had a big lead so it makes a little more sense in that case, but in the Steeler game, it was pathetic to watch that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Tomlin needs to convey his needs, give his input and then leave the room......

And close the doors behind him. Colbert has been the ace of putting this team together forever, now all of a sudden Tomlin thinks he has this talent....Do something other than being a one year wonder and we will consider this, till then, go learn ya some new lame ass philosophies!!!!

Yeah...he's in there now he ain't backing off.

I'll say this...Colbert is the GM, and when they don't agree, he should have final say I assume he does. They both blew it on Jarvis Jones.

The Rooney's are going to let Tomlin fall on his face before the let him go, but another scheme like LY AFCCG should be pushing him further towards the door.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny coincidence given our conversation this morning @Psych-Ward & @ATL96Steeler ... Here's a snippet from Tomlin's presser at the Owner's Meeting today.

Great pick up Face!

A little bit of a departure from what I heard earlier about the AFCCG. At least he's now recognizing or admitting the problems in that game...why he didn't send more people and gamble more was coaches decision, but they didn't try much man until the 3rd Q when the game was somewhat out of hand.

He's right, you don't make knee jerk reactions based on one game, but hasn't these problems, been the problems? Not just this past season, but the past 3 or 4 seasons...they haven't had a consistent pass rush since Woodley was in PIT, and they had coverage issues since before the DEN game when Ike got burnt for the game winner.
gg
The good thing is...the Steelers problems are pretty clear for all to see. the challenge is fixing. It's not the Steeler way, but if it were me, depends on the way the draft was going, I'd make some deals (offer up 94 and 30 to move up) to move up and get an impact edge player and there should be a CB on the board at 62 that can help this team...the rest of the picks are mostly depth to be honest.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pick up Face!

A little bit of a departure from what I heard earlier about the AFCCG. At least he's now recognizing or admitting the problems in that game...why he didn't send more people and gamble more was coaches decision, but they didn't try much man until the 3rd Q when the game was somewhat out of hand.

He's right, you don't make knee jerk reactions based on one game, but hasn't these problems, been the problems? Not just this past season, but the past 3 or 4 seasons...they haven't had a consistent pass rush since Woodley was in PIT, and they had coverage issues since before the DEN game when Ike got burnt for the game winner.
gg
The good thing is...the Steelers problems are pretty clear for all to see. the challenge is fixing. It's not the Steeler way, but if it were me, depends on the way the draft was going, I'd make some deals (offer up 94 and 30 to move up) to move up and get an impact edge player and there should be a CB on the board at 62 that can help this team...the rest of the picks are mostly depth to be honest.
Guess we should just be happy that he's acknowledging it. 99% of the time we don't get this much out of him, so there's that. But yea these issues have been around a long time.

I'd love to see them make a splash move in the 1st or 2nd round. If they can grab a legit edge guy that could at the very least split snaps with Deebo, and then grab a DB that can contribute in his 1st year... That would make a pretty big impact next year. But I'm trying to prepare myself for a wild couple of picks. Like if a WR or QB got drafted by them in the 1st. It would infuriate me, but what can we do?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny coincidence given our conversation this morning @Psych-Ward & @ATL96Steeler ... Here's a snippet from Tomlin's presser at the Owner's Meeting today.

I'm not so sure I want to buy into his bullshit.
He has said several things that have either blown up in his face, or have just been a complete failure on his part.
He has for many years bullshited all of us with his philosophies and it's not gotten us any closer. He needs to put up or shut up.

In the beginning of his stay in the Burg he rode the coattails of Cowhers team, and tried very hard to keep that team together. Now he has tried to put his team together, there have been shining moments and Shit moments. But at the end of the day, he is still short of the goal.

Sorry guys, I've heard this story before and it's time for him to put up or shut up.

@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler