• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the draft, if we get someone who better to mentor a new kid than D-Will.....
I mean look what happened when they hooked up Bell with that fat fuck Blount, real fine role model that turned out to be.
Agreed. Tomlin doesn't seem to care about locker room presence, even though he preaches it. Crazy how quickly Tomlin's philosophy on vets has changed. He used to be the guy that wouldn't let anyone go, now if you're over the age of 30 you're basically on the chopping block.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that makes sense is they have plans for the draft. Because I'm not convinced that Davis is an upgrade over D-Will. D-Will knows the system, is still a great runner, and according to PFF has been one of the top rated blocking RBs in the league for 2 years running. His accolades & game film speak for itself.

It honestly tells me that F/O has no clue, and it's not as if D-Will is going to break the bank. He just wants to be a part of what is going on in the Burgh, which honestly means good things for us. I can't imagine D-Will would want to be involved with something that was a total bust at this point in his career......

Come on Tomlin.....Get the guy the fuckin ring he deserves!!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Tomlin doesn't seem to care about locker room presence, even though he preaches it. Crazy how quickly Tomlin's philosophy on vets has changed. He used to be the guy that wouldn't let anyone go, now if you're over the age of 30 you're basically on the chopping block.

I dare say, who gives a fuck about his age.
He IS better than any back at his age bracket!!!!
The fucker held onto guys he should of cut and cut guys he shouldn't have.
Look at Harrison, and not busting on him at all, I am still shocked they gave him 2 years instead of one. Especially after the head smack incident. I like Harrison, but damn....:wtf2:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It honestly tells me that F/O has no clue, and it's not as if D-Will is going to break the bank. He just wants to be a part of what is going on in the Burgh, which honestly means good things for us. I can't imagine D-Will would want to be involved with something that was a total bust at this point in his career......

Come on Tomlin.....Get the guy the fuckin ring he deserves!!!!!
Well said. Still some glimmer of hope for his return. Colbert is switching his focus to the draft now, so it won't be until May until we hear any more FA rumors.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo Williams addresses the signing of Knile Davis, sort of

Pittsburgh Steelers expected to part ways with DeAngelo Williams

@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler

You guys think D-Will is done in the Burgh????
I can honestly say, I think this is bullshit. Maybe because, I like several others thought D-Will brought class to this team, and was an overly exceptional fill in for Bell. But I don't think he deserves the push out in the cold like this.

Whatchu guys think????

In short, I think he's done.

At 34 and you have knee troubles as a RB...those troubles are not going away. He's going to miss multiple games again I'm afraid.

Watched him a long time in the NFCS DIV playing against ATL so I knew is game and was thrilled to get him in PIT. Loved his professionalism and the game he brought, but it might be time to call it a career.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

What's your thoughts on Cody Sensabaugh
Not very optimistic lol. He doesn't have the career or stat history to inspire any confidence. Supposedly can play inside or out, but looks better suited for the slot. Seems like nothing more than a depth & insurance signing that will challenge Willie Gay's roster spot. Especially after missing out on Logan Ryan, Devon House, etc.

I don't think it has altered their draft plans.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the draft, if we get someone who better to mentor a new kid than D-Will.....
I mean look what happened when they hooked up Bell with that fat fuck Blount, real fine role model that turned out to be.

If they draft somebody and DWill is willing to play for vet min...it makes sense...I would like him in a mentor role this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not very optimistic lol. He doesn't have the career or stat history to inspire any confidence. Supposedly can play inside or out, but looks better suited for the slot. Seems like nothing more than a depth & insurance signing that will challenge Willie Gay's roster spot. Especially after missing out on Logan Ryan, Devon House, etc.

IDK whether to be pessimistic or optimistic on this one really...the only real plus is he's played in a similar system, and he's younger than Gay.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is another of Tomlin's WTF moments.....
I mean why does this even exist????
The guy is nothing but mediocre at best, and that's probably a stretch!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK whether to be pessimistic or optimistic on this one really...the only real plus is he's played in a similar system, and he's younger than Gay.
I'd lean more towards pessimism considering he can't seem to stay healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another of Tomlin's WTF moments.....
I mean why does this even exist????
The guy is nothing but mediocre at best, and that's probably a stretch!!!!
That old vet philosophy... Old habits die hard, I guess. But with the recent success with the youth movement (Burns & Davis), I have a hard time seeing Willie Gay on the 53 next season. Really depends on the draft though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lean more towards pessimism considering he can't seem to stay healthy.

Yep...most likely. I'm trying to be optimistic! LOL

Speaking of...I'm really, really, really hoping Golson can fulfill the slot role this season or they draft someone that can take over after a few games...I've soured on Gay big time.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That old vet philosophy... Old habits die hard, I guess. But with the recent success with the youth movement (Burns & Davis), I have a hard time seeing Willie Gay on the 53 next season. Really depends on the draft though.

I've had a hard time seeing him on the roster for a while now.....

Fuck the bum!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...most likely. I'm trying to be optimistic! LOL

Speaking of...I'm really, really, really hoping Golson can fulfill the slot role this season or they draft someone that can take over after a few games...I've soured on Gay big time.

I've had a hard time seeing him on the roster for a while now.....

Fuck the bum!!!!

I think we can all agree that if they don't replace Gay this offseason then we can expect another season of subpar secondary, and Colbert should take a serious look at replacing some people in the scouting department lol.

Golson... Man this guy has been a 2-year itch that we cannot scratch. Just a straight up tease. Colbert & Tomlin love to talk this guy up, but we haven't seen him survive a single training camp. :L . If he doesn't produce something this season, of which I have said many times they shouldn't be counting on, then I think he'll go down as a serious sour note on Colbert's résumé.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that if they don't replace Gay this offseason then we can expect another season of subpar secondary, and Colbert should take a serious look at replacing some people in the scouting department lol.

Golson... Man this guy has been a 2-year itch that we cannot scratch. Just a straight up tease. Colbert & Tomlin love to talk this guy up, but we haven't seen him survive a single training camp. :L . If he doesn't produce something this season, of which I have said many times they shouldn't be counting on, then I think he'll go down as a serious sour note on Colbert's résumé.

I think Colbert has lost his edge in his dealings with Tomlin.
I don't give a fuck what you have on your resume Tomlin....What have you done lately????
Oh and fuck your moron ass Bucks team. One title does not make you the ruler of the free world.
I had hopes of this Golson kid also, but WTF

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gay...to think we were concerned he might leave as a FA!! The low tender and acceptance should have been a sign of what was to come. Never a great player, but worked himself into a decent CB...the fall off LY was significant and abrupt.

Golson...I think the FO/Tomlin now know they can't trust him to play, but he'll get his last shot this yr. I'm not sure if he was really injury prone at Ole Miss, but pure flop to this point.

The Jarvis Jones pick and this Golson pick have set the Steelers back...if those players had worked out...this would be a season where they could afford invest #30 in Ben's replacement....instead they're still patching holes in the ship.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gay...to think we were concerned he might leave as a FA!! The low tender and acceptance should have been a sign of what was to come. Never a great player, but worked himself into a decent CB...the fall off LY was significant and abrupt.

Golson...I think the FO/Tomlin now know they can't trust him to play, but he'll get his last shot this yr. I'm not sure if he was really injury prone at Ole Miss, but pure flop to this point.

The Jarvis Jones pick and this Golson pick have set the Steelers back...if those players had worked out...this would be a season where they could afford invest #30 in Ben's replacement....instead they're still patching holes in the ship.

Another one of Tomlins guys whom he had a hard-on for and it turned out to be a limp dick....
Tomlin should convey his needs to Colbert as far as positions and then shut the fuck up.
Colbert was always an ace at this shit, now with Tomlin's dumbass input, there have been far to many WTF picks for this team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Colbert has lost his edge in his dealings with Tomlin.
I don't give a fuck what you have on your resume Tomlin....What have you done lately????
Oh and fuck your moron ass Bucks team. One title does not make you the ruler of the free world.
I had hopes of this Golson kid also, but WTF
Seems to be the case more & more. My biggest issue with Tomlin is his non-conformist ignorance. Everyone in the world can see what ails the team every year, but he is always backing the personnel, staff & scheme like there's no problems at all. I know its part of the HC job to instill confidence, but damn he always comes off as irritatingly dense.

Like we know the every-down defensive zone scheme is a huge flaw in today's NFL, but Tomlin seems to believe it works &it boils down to execution. How many times does the team need to get slaughtered by playoff teams before he finally understands this?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one of Tomlins guys whom he had a hard-on for and it turned out to be a limp dick....
Tomlin should convey his needs to Colbert as far as positions and then shut the fuck up.
Colbert was always an ace at this shit, now with Tomlin's dumbass input, there have been far to many WTF picks for this team.
Colbert still does a good job of providing talent. The team is loaded with it, even if the vast majority of them seem to lack a moral compass. But ever since the rebuild under Tomlin the team's draft philosophies have changed drastically.