• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs held players only meeting begging Kawhi to play

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local media is laughing their asses. The national media is often quarantined and kept out of the Spurs business. The local guys who spend every waking second with the Spurs emphatically deny this as FAKE NEWS.

The SPURS are notoriously closed lipped.
Always trust the local guys when it comes to the NBA.

2 players have also claimed this story is completel made up bullshit already on the record (Green, Paul).

Woj used to be good, but once he joined ESPN a few months ago. He has been absorbed into the rat race.
ESPN forces you to be FIRST instead of CORRECT.

As I posted earlier, there is always the possibility that Woj misinterpreted something it's not like he's never been wrong. However, it's very rare. It's why he gets the respect and access he does. I don't see him risking that for ESPN.

Local media (or "embedded reporters") are generally going to go along with what the team wants because they have access on the line. Not saying that's the case here. But lets not pretend that local media are unbiased.

I agree that the Spurs are notoriously tight lipped, which makes this getting out a bit unusual and makes it look even more like there may be something to it. If it was just the guys trying to check his status, I doubt it would have gotten out. It's not like Woj is known for just making shit up.

As for the players? Like I said earlier, they're not exactly going to say "Yeah, we had a meeting to ask him why he's being a pussy".

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part Woj went wrong at was when he called it tense because maybe it wasn't but a meeting did take place as teammates want to know when Leonard is returning

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part Woj went wrong at was when he called it tense because maybe it wasn't but a meeting did take place as teammates want to know when Leonard is returning

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give anyone a no trade clause. You can never rule anything out. You never know what can happen with a guy. Things can fall apart and suddenly you could have a chance at a great deal for a quick rebuild... etc... Especially in baseball, I've never understood it.

That's easier said than done with star players in the NBA.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Woj story is a complete lie even though a players only meeting did indeed take place surrounding kawhi injury status lmao

Sources: Seeking clarity about Leonard’s return, Spurs hold players only meeting led by team veteran
Made the Manu quote about him not coming back make more sense.

I suppose all the noise about the Aldridge/Pop disconnect last Season was just smoke too.

No way anyone would be privilege to that information.

Except.......they both already came out and said it was true...lol

As for Kawhi....

We will find out shortly if he's not offered/ won't agree to sign his Super Max extension this Summer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's easier said than done with star players in the NBA.

Of course. I realize that. I am just saying... in theory. It would be the smart thing to do.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was the Cavs, the internet would explode.

And?

If this was the Cavs, we'd also have at least a couple of cryptic tweets from Lebron and some contradictory quotes from his teammates. Along with Windhorst on air telling us all how "it's really no big deal."

Last edited:

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. I realize that. I am just saying... in theory. It would be the smart thing to do.

Interesting to think if the Bulls had anything like this with Rose.

I bet some of the Bulls' players had opinions about it. (I forget his quote -- something like "I want to be healthy to be around kids when they get older -- so I'm sitting out more".) I'm sure Rose is still wrestling with issues like that.

This also brings up something interesting -- and finally being talked about -- Mental Illness of professional athletes.

Many have some form of mental illness. (It may be mild and not noticed for many.) Malcolm Gladwell estimates that 25%-33% of CEOs & professional athletes have an issue. OCD & manic behavior often drives them. If they were "normal" -- they may not have spent 10,000 hours shooting baskets in the driveway when they were a kid.

Kevin Love looked really happy last night.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh...well there are a few things I would like to see changed about the NBA...let's start with 30 less regular season games...:D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...well there are a few things I would like to see changed about the NBA...let's start with 30 less regular season games...:D

Either 30 less regular season games... or these guys grow a pair and play when they're healthy. Without exception.

If full-time MLB catchers can catch 130-140 games in a six month span. You can play 82 basketball games in a six month span.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either 30 less regular season games... or these guys grow a pair and play when they're healthy. Without exception.

If full-time MLB catchers can catch 130-140 games in a six month span. You can play 82 basketball games in a six month span.

Catching is demanding, and I get where you're going, but my angle is on a different path...less games would make the sport more interesting to me again....70s into the 90s...I was a big NBA fan...just too much going on to keep my interest for 82 gms now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that only Leonard knows if he is ready to play and the mental side of that can really leave a person paralyzed with fear if the man is mentally weaker than what everyone thought he was or actually is.

The question now is - as the recipient of the team that gets this guy in the summer - do you really want a player who does this kind of shit - assuming that he could play if he wanted too?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catching is grueling as hell, but could you get more of an apples to oranges comparison?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching is grueling as hell, but could you get more of an apples to oranges comparison?

I never stated that catching and playing basketball was similar.

I am saying that if an athlete can endure catching 130-140 times over six months. They can certainly endure playing 82 basketball games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stated that catching and playing basketball was similar.

I am saying that if an athlete can endure catching 130-140 times over six months. They can certainly endure playing 82 basketball games.

Many do play 82 or close to it.

The problem is that a majority of the league is incentivized to rest players this time of year and there is no reasonable way to fix that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many do play 82 or close to it.

The problem is that a majority of the league is incentivized to rest players this time of year and there is no reasonable way to fix that.

I have no problem with resting players when you've locked up your seed or whatever...

However, many teams rest players sporadically throughout the season. Constant late scratches... etc... It's out of hand.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with resting players when you've locked up your seed or whatever...

However, many teams rest players sporadically throughout the season. Constant late scratches... etc... It's out of hand.

It actually been much better than last year

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give anyone a no trade clause. You can never rule anything out. You never know what can happen with a guy. Things can fall apart and suddenly you could have a chance at a great deal for a quick rebuild... etc... Especially in baseball, I've never understood it.
Every baseball player with ten years of service and at least five consecutive with their current team has a no trade.

Baseballs union actually does things.