• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHooplaSeahawks

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what is left on waivers vs dropping a good QB that would get snapped up, I see giving that a try. There have been times a team has scored negative points with QBs, you sure want to avoid that.
The QB setting will screw me this week, but I clearly get why it's for the best. Changing the QB setting to four per team would upset the competitive balance in the league.

And too bad about Bill Cosby's Sleepers. The guy had the highest point total of any team in the league going into week six and he just quits. This is the major negative aspect of free leagues. No accountability because nothing is at stake. Not my mindset but definitely the mindset of many.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB setting will screw me this week, but I clearly get why it's for the best. Changing the QB setting to four per team would upset the competitive balance in the league.

And too bad about Bill Cosby's Sleepers. The guy had the highest point total of any team in the league going into week six and he just quits. This is the major negative aspect of free leagues. No accountability because nothing is at stake. Not my mindset but definitely the mindset of many.
Nice post. People losing interest is the bane of FF.

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't quit. I've been paying attention. I left a spot open because I didn't want to drop anyone and yes 2 weeks in a row. I don't think this a big deal. Still putting up 195 points there boys.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey everyone just wanted to say sorry, wasn't able to give the second warning last week as on Friday I became sick as a dog. Lets go hawks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey everyone just wanted to say sorry, wasn't able to give the second warning last week as on Friday I became sick as a dog. Lets go hawks.

FYI, I'm Jr.Hammer's dad ( his team is Bill Cosby sleepers). Not sure if he adjusted his roster or not for this week, but if he didn't it's not because he's ignoring it. He had to go in for an emergency surgery this morning. Not serious, but thought I'd let you know if you thinking he wasn't paying attention this week.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I'm Jr.Hammer's dad ( his team is Bill Cosby sleepers). Not sure if he adjusted his roster or not for this week, but if he didn't it's not because he's ignoring it. He had to go in for an emergency surgery this morning. Not serious, but thought I'd let you know if you thinking he wasn't paying attention this week.

Ya I thought maybe he had quite, thanks for the update. Hope everything works out fine. :suds::suds::suds:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL RIGHTTT!!!

NO teams have any bye players still on there team!! So no reply SAT.

Have a great WEEK and lets BEAT THOSE COWBOYS!!!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a heads up @FirebreathingMonkey , I will be starting only 1 QB this week. Hoyer and Smith are on bye and I don't feel comfortable starting the only real option on the waiver wire which is Johnny Butthole.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right back to back weeks everyone's good. Go HAWKS!!

Jrhammer56

Hoopla Cash
$ 903.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a heads up I will not be replacing my kicker as well

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sunk this week. Got Ryan on a bye, Ben out for a game with a injury and maybe Bridgewater out. What to do? If I drop one of these QBs, I'll never get them back. Mmm I think it's better to just lose this week then lose a good QB for the rest of the season. Not liking this 3 QB restriction at all.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom's Destroyed Cellphone

No RB
TE on bye
and kicker on bye

Bill Cosby's Sleepers
kicker on bye

Everyone else is good, weird that these two are also playing each other this week.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sunk this week. Got Ryan on a bye, Ben out for a game with a injury and maybe Bridgewater out. What to do? If I drop one of these QBs, I'll never get them back. Mmm I think it's better to just lose this week then lose a good QB for the rest of the season. Not liking this 3 QB restriction at all.
I faced the same dilemma two weeks ago, sucked it up, and took the loss.

10 teams in our league and only 32 starting QBs. This is why a team should not be allowed to carry four QBs. There would not be enough starting QBs to go around. A few teams would end up getting screwed with only two starting QBs. A competitive team in this league has to have three QBs (with the option to choose the best two for any given week) because the QB scores more points than the other positions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is keeping me a live.One or two more picks should do it.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable...i didnt see father time catching up this fast! Kinda sad...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chehalis Dragons

QBSam Bradford*, Phi QB OView attachment 54328

FLEXDexter McCluster*, Ten WR, RB OView attachment 54329

SHOWMEYOUR TDS

Peyton Manning*, Den QB

Team Seattle
Tony Romo*, Dal QB IRView attachment 54330

Should be active by tomorrow, but something to keep an eye on. Can't see Romo not being active and ready to go. So happy Friday!!

1) have I given any reason to think I wouldn't update my team when needed.

2) The waivers make it so I have to wait til Saturday to do anything with my QB, so even if I have done anything to fix the situation you wouldn't know that. As it stands, dropping Bradford or Luck to pick up Bridgewater would be a mistake - and since I missed out on getting Roethlisberger earlier in the week I am kind've stuck.

3) Dexter McCluster was injured during his game on Thursday and scored 6.6 points, so even mentioning him on here is simply ludicrous. If you're going to call me out that a player isn't playing, maybe you should check to make sure that the player hasn't already played this week before doing so.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) have I given any reason to think I wouldn't update my team when needed.

2) The waivers make it so I have to wait til Saturday to do anything with my QB, so even if I have done anything to fix the situation you wouldn't know that. As it stands, dropping Bradford or Luck to pick up Bridgewater would be a mistake - and since I missed out on getting Roethlisberger earlier in the week I am kind've stuck.

3) Dexter McCluster was injured during his game on Thursday and scored 6.6 points, so even mentioning him on here is simply ludicrous. If you're going to call me out that a player isn't playing, maybe you should check to make sure that the player hasn't already played this week before doing so.

1. No you have not, but since week 2, I have always done a Friday/Sat reminder, except about two weeks ago when I was sick.

2. These are just reminders as I'm well aware life can easily make us forget with friends, lovers, work, school, ect. Thus a send them both Friday and Sat to make sure people have enough time to change and fix their rosters.

3. Yes you are 100% right I didn't realize he played Thursday , I'm sorry about that one, I was just looking at IR, byes and out, during my work break saw it and put it down. (Stop at Romo cause I thought that's weird thought he was playing this week, thus the comment)

These are just meant as reminder, its not to throw you and anyone else under the bus. Hopefully this clears up any confusion and later tonight I will once again send a reminder. Any other questions or concerns??

:suds:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3