• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHooplaSeahawks

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 3-1. I don't need help. I don't want help. If he can prove to me he is better at this than I am (I doubt it) or his team currently has a better record than mine (it would take 4-0 for that) then I might listen to his suggestions. Otherwise he needs to worry about his own team and other teams, and not try to micro-manage mine. I stay active in leagues and manage my team right down to the last bloody game, regardless of where I anticipate I will finish.

By the way, where was he when I was unavailable for the first two rounds of the draft and missed out on the premier QBs in the league? If he wanted to stick his nose in my team's busness, that would have been the time to do it. But I'm 3-1 despite having shit QBs in a QB-favored league. Clearly I don't need help and I sure as hell don't want him randomly going into my roster and cutting some guy and adding someone else to my team. That's fucking ridiculous. Never seen anyone do that in a FFB league before or any league for that matter.

You take care of business, good deal. Doubt it will be a problem going forward. :suds:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 3-1. I don't need help. I don't want help. If he can prove to me he is better at this than I am (I doubt it) or his team currently has a better record than mine (it would take 4-0 for that) then I might listen to his suggestions. Otherwise he needs to worry about his own team and other teams, and not try to micro-manage mine. I stay active in leagues and manage my team right down to the last bloody game, regardless of where I anticipate I will finish.

By the way, where was he when I was unavailable for the first two rounds of the draft and missed out on the premier QBs in the league? If he wanted to stick his nose in my team's busness, that would have been the time to do it. But I'm 3-1 despite having shit QBs in a QB-favored league. Clearly I don't need help and I sure as hell don't want him randomly going into my roster and cutting some guy and adding someone else to my team. That's fucking ridiculous. Never seen anyone do that in a FFB league before or any league for that matter.

Dude calm down,its fantasy football! I appreciate the fact he is trying to make sure everyone is active.Go drink your water and STFU.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude calm down,its fantasy football! I appreciate the fact he is trying to make sure everyone is active.Go drink your water and STFU.
I knew a guy who had a husky once. That dog would eat the feces of any animal, any time, and wag its tail while doing it. In my neighbborhood you can't keep a dawg on leash and leave it alone for very long. The cougars will come down out of the Cascades and eat them.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right lets get this started I wanted to wait 24 hours to let you and myself cool down before this but others have gotten in so I think I need to make myself heard, its long please read everything and count to 10 before you start yelling at me please and thank you.

Click quote to see my response dont have time to fix
I'm 3-1. I don't need help. I don't want help. If he can prove to me he is better at this than I am (I doubt it) or his team currently has a better record than mine (it would take 4-0 for that) then I might listen to his suggestions. Otherwise he needs to worry about his own team and other teams, and not try to micro-manage mine. I stay active in leagues and manage my team right down to the last bloody game, regardless of where I anticipate I will finish.QUOTE="PolarVortex]

First thing. I DO NOT WANT TO MANGE YOUR TEAM, HaroldSeattle TEAM OF ANY ONE ELSE. If the only way for you to believe me is to write it 50 times in this thread or until Harold bans me than that's what I will do. Also I Don't care what your record is, it could be 4-0, 3-2 or 0-16, ALL I"M LOOKING FOR IS, IS YOU ROSTER SET. Ie no players out, suspended or BLANK SPOTS. Even letting those who are game time decisions go because hey he's not out yet. Others wise micro managing everyone teams is the same as playing a ten league, by myself and I'd rather kill myself than to do that. So why add a kicker than right? I have created FF leagues the last 3 or 4 years here and every year people stop or don't keep their line up up to date. And Harold brought that up too. I mentioned that this year was going to be different (see quote below for both)

I am issuing a Warning, teams unable or unwilling to change players who are out will have their team taken over by me if they fail to update their roster. It takes very little time, so please just play the game the right way. All ready I have seen a couple who are behind and if by Sat next week those teams have not address the issue I WILL. Any questions or complaints speak now...

Last year we had folks that never bothered to manage their team. One team owner made the draft and that was it for him. Never bothered to switch out injuried players or players on byes. Then as other got to losing, more of the same. Kind of ruins the whole thing.
That's why FirebreathingMonkey is doing what he's doing. If you manage your team, then it won't be a issue.

Now as for what happened this week.... On Friday I checked everyone's team looking for Blanks, players out, byes, ect.. Therefore I posted a reminder to you and others that a spot is not filled out. An example would be in the quote below.

Bill Cosby's Sleepers,

Spiller is out , please change line up.

So Friday I wrote this to you and SHOWMEYOURTDS....

Hey it that time of the week....

looking at the lineups SHOWMEYOUR TDS is still playing Vernon Davis who is D. Right now, might want to look into that.

Enumclaw Horseranch right now HAS NO KICKER.

So for the most part everyone's teams are still in place but the hard parts coming up as byes start to occur for teams. Remember to keep you teams uptodate.

I didn't do anything to your team, than SAT comes I once again check than wrote this....

Hello Enumclaw Horseranch, STILL NO KICKER. PLEASE FIX, ITS GETTING LATE!

Another warning after all people can get busy, things happen, I get it. But Sun morning comes and your Kicker was still empty. So In order to make sure you where playing with a full deck. I had to added a kicker. (if you check the time I add/dropped during the early football games had already started) Now I could have been a dick and dropped some one huge from your team, instead I looked for kicker simple to move from the bench. You didn't have one, so I was forced to add someone. Again I DONT WANT TO MANGE YOUR TEAM, but you didn't reply to any message here and the games had started. I realize I could have posted a message on espn or a direct email to you, but A. I don't know if or how often you check espn and its not like I can place each teams name to each person here. ( My teams very easy to figure out and yes I am sucking this year, you are better but again I DONT WANT TO MANGE YOUR TEAM)

Now finally as for the Draft and not making it I believe this is my third post in this thread...

That sucks, will send you an invite later tonight/tomorrow. I would strongly advise looking at the point system than set up what you want your draft picks to be though the espn auto draft. I have never used it, but it dose from what I've been told allow you to rank players and positions, ex take RB first round, WR second. Hopefully this would get you a better team than just having it on auto draft alone.

As to itsmytime, I'd tell you the same thing as Judge, which is before or during the draft you can have the computer pick your players or positions by filling it out before or during the draft. This means you can tell the computer in the 5th round to draft a RB or draft the TX D or player Wilson. If you select a player it will draft said player unless they have already been taken and you could have multiply players in the order of most want to least. So if your top pick is gone it will go to your second selection automatically. Hope this helps and lets all have a great time.[/QUOTE]

What more do you want me to do, pick your players before the draft??? (sorry a little angry... 1, 2, 3...9, 10)
Once again I dont want to stick my nose into your team but as I said....

I am issuing a Warning, teams unable or unwilling to change players who are out will have their team taken over by me if they fail to update their roster. It takes very little time, so please just play the game the right way. All ready I have seen a couple who are behind and if by Sat next week those teams have not address the issue I WILL. Any questions or complaints speak now...

I' m looking for blanks, byes, out players and giving warnings on Friday, and SAT. Not sure what else I can do. Now you can begin your yelling.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right lets get this started I wanted to wait 24 hours to let you and myself cool down before this but others have gotten in so I think I need to make myself heard, its long please read everything and count to 10 before you start yelling at me please and thank you.

Click quote to see my response dont have time to fix

Now finally as for the Draft and not making it I believe this is my third post in this thread...

As to itsmytime, I'd tell you the same thing as Judge, which is before or during the draft you can have the computer pick your players or positions by filling it out before or during the draft. This means you can tell the computer in the 5th round to draft a RB or draft the TX D or player Wilson. If you select a player it will draft said player unless they have already been taken and you could have multiply players in the order of most want to least. So if your top pick is gone it will go to your second selection automatically. Hope this helps and lets all have a great time.

What more do you want me to do, pick your players before the draft??? (sorry a little angry... 1, 2, 3...9, 10)
Once again I dont want to stick my nose into your team but as I said....

I' m looking for blanks, byes, out players and giving warnings on Friday, and SAT. Not sure what else I can do. Now you can begin your yelling.[/QUOTE]

1. Nobody is going to read all of that. This is not a board for people to post thesis papers. It's a sports message board.
2. Forcing people to update their weekly roster within a timeframe that you deem appropriate is fucking absurd. Marshawn Lynch - game time decision. Andrew Luck - game time decision. Do you understand what 'game time decision' means? It means their status will not be known until game time. I'm not going to update my roster on Saturday night or Sunday morningat 8AM. Forget it. There is still too much up in the air regarding player availability.
3. Your psychological profile? Anal-retentive, micro-managing, control freak.
4. Relax. Like someone said earlier in this thread, it's just FFB. You can't change human nature with silly rules. It's a fact that 40% of people who play fantasy free leagues do not have the integrity to commit to the obligation they have to the rest of the league to compete all seaosn long, regardless of how their team is doing. You taking over their teams won't change anything. We will just have six single-team managers and one guy managing six teams. In the end, the winner still only beats six other guys, not 11 teams. Do the math.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Harold,lets hope Rivers twists his ankle in warm ups! Im in same situation in other league!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey reminder
Bill Cosby's Sleepers

you don't currently have a RB.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo, a 40 yard field goal is worth more than a passing/receiving/rushing TD? Yeah, that's kind a weird.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be decent at this FFL stuff.
Now, as I get older I truly suck at it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo, a 40 yard field goal is worth more than a passing/receiving/rushing TD? Yeah, that's kind a weird.

Well you do get the points for the yards on a TD as well. 50 yard TD is worth 6 plus 5 for the yardage. I think this was just an attempt to do the same type of scoring for FGs. You get 3 for the points and then 1 point for every 10 yards unless it's under a 30 yard FG. Also think it was meant to give the kickers a bit more weight in this league.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Cosby's Sleepers (BCOS)

Still no RB. Please fix...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, FBM, be advised, I have six players, including two quarterbacks, who have a bye this week. I don't want to cut either QB and you've set the league up to where no one can carry more than three QBs on their roster, so, I'm going to be short one QB in my starting line up this week. That just the way it has to be because, again, I do not want to cut either of those QBs with the bye week.

So, leave my team alone. I know what I am doing. Or, adjust the roster settings so a team can carry four QBs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only three QBs on a roster in a two QB league, dang ......why?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked my QBs by weeks, I should be OK as long as Big Ben is back. I'm guessing you didn't want someone hogging the QB market is why you limited the number to three.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked my QBs by weeks, I should be OK as long as Big Ben is back. I'm guessing you didn't want someone hogging the QB market is why you limited the number to three.

Its all about strategy, QB's are huge and it wouldn't be fair if someone grabbed all the QB's, especially for those who couldn't make the draft. Which is why I have no problem with PolarVortex as he's made it clear his strategy this week is to win with only one QB. Can't say that's what I'd do but it not my right or place to judge peoples strategy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all about strategy, QB's are huge and it wouldn't be fair if someone grabbed all the QB's, especially for those who couldn't make the draft. Which is why I have no problem with PolarVortex as he's made it clear his strategy this week is to win with only one QB. Can't say that's what I'd do but it not my right or place to judge peoples strategy.
Considering what is left on waivers vs dropping a good QB that would get snapped up, I see giving that a try. There have been times a team has scored negative points with QBs, you sure want to avoid that.