• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Urban Meyer didn't lie.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can sign me up for 4 players in trouble in 6 years, I am using permanent ink. Compared to what went on before Urban got here, that's great.

I didn’t list them all — Just the top players who got arrested. Klein, Stoneburner, Mewart, Clarke, Fada, Baugh.....those are just guys a read about today and only goes up to 2015.

He is definitely better than he was at Florida, he could have fielded a Penal League team over there. No chance OSU EVER turns into that.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t list them all — Just the top players who got arrested. Klein, Stoneburner, Mewart, Clarke, Fada, Baugh.....those are just guys a read about today and only goes up to 2015.

He is definitely better than he was at Florida, he could have fielded a Penal League team over there. No chance OSU EVER turns into that.
His performance at Florida is the reason I was skeptical about him coming to OSU. The program was a mess when he got here. He has been a pleasant surprise as far as off the field stuff is concerned.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it is Meyer’s obligation by titleIX laws to report all suspected violations. Had he said the appropriate thing back during the BigTen media days, this would be nothing. But he tried to cover it up and now he’s paying the price.

He shouldn’t be fired or even suspended but he absolutely deserves to be ridiculed.
Meyer is getting screwed

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fill this out:

butt-hurt-report.jpg
Can't I borrow a pen?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been following these threads so if it’s been said already my bad

A football coach shouldn’t be expected to be some kind of guardian of morality

That this is even an issue for Urban shows out of touch I am with public sentiment. Domestic abuse has been illegal for as long as I’ve been alive. If an assistant coach beat his wife and it can proven he should face the legal consequences. But wtf does it have to do with football? And why is another man being expected to answer for it?

I get that it’s branding and money and all that but this is way beyond an overreach.
It comes with the territory if you are an employee of a public institution.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes with the territory if you are an employee of a public institution.
I'm looking forward to every D1 program coming clean.

Do you now or did you ever:
Have a coach on your staff accused of Domestic Violence (does not matter if they were charged, accusations are enough)?
  • Did your head coach know about it?
  • If he didn't, he should have. Fire him.
  • If he did and didn't report it, Fire him.
  • If he did and reported it but didn't fire the accused:
  • Did the police know?
  • Yes? Fire him
  • No? Fire him yesterday.
If he ever lied to a reporter at a press conference, fire him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the locals and police too. If the program is that important to the community, then these young men don't get in as much trouble.

I recall a story at Georgia where some underage football player punched someone's face, in front of a police officer, and only got charged for being drunk in public. That demonstrates that the victim and the police officer were most likely UGA fans.

Bama has nothing but cousin banging and football. That's one reason why Saban's players don't get in much trouble.

I disagree. Zero tolerances means severe consequences. Frequently considered unfair punishment.
There are tons of small college towns in the US but none seem to have remotely the issues UF has. That UGA thing is pretty small potatoes compared to the sort of stuff the UF team is getting themselves into these days.

Zero tolerance doesn't mean you overcompensate, that's just overcompensating. Zero tolerance means when you commit a crime or violate a team rule, there is no tolerance. You don't get to do it and get away with it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could Urban knowingly keep a domestic abuser on staff at Florida and then KEEP him on staff at OSU after multiple known instances of domestic abuse, arrested or not.

I'm not excusing any amount of abuse, but to my knowledge, there is only one instance of domestic abuse in 2009. Are you aware of others?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to every D1 program coming clean.

Do you now or did you ever:
Have a coach on your staff accused of Domestic Violence (does not matter if they were charged, accusations are enough)?
  • Did your head coach know about it?
  • If he didn't, he should have. Fire him.
  • If he did and didn't report it, Fire him.
  • If he did and reported it but didn't fire the accused:
  • Did the police know?
  • Yes? Fire him
  • No? Fire him yesterday.
If he ever lied to a reporter at a press conference, fire him.

Come on — that is simplifying this case, don’t you think?

It isn’t a one time accusation. It is many times over a decade, where Zach Smith admits it in text. All the coaches knew about it, the coaches wives knew about it, they had pictures.

The lie wasn’t — so and so will be playing Saturday and he didn’t. It was a lie about arguably the biggest hot button issue in the US right now.

And he didn’t lie in a weekly local radio interview — he lied at the B1G conference media day.

If You strip it down — yeah, it doesn’t sound that bad. But when you look at the entire picture — it looks horrendous.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excusing any amount of abuse, but to my knowledge, there is only one instance of domestic abuse in 2009. Are you aware of others?
That, along with the consistent allegations, personal protection orders and the entirety of the situation should have been enough. It was certainly enough to fire him when it became public knowledge a couple weeks ago.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley Roby arrested for a fight at a bar.
Tracy Sprinkle arrested for cocaine possession
Carlos Hyde arrested for ‘flipping a girl off across her face’
JT Barrett arrested for ‘barely’ getting a DUI.
Zach Smith has the cops called how many times since he has worked for Meyer.

The person kicked off the team is Bri’onte Dunn, at the time, wasn’t even charged with anything. Meyer calls it ‘violation of team rules’.

I’m not looking thru maize anything — I’ve defended Meyer and said he should keep his job over the Zach Smith fiasco.

You are literally downplaying everything. JT was barely drunk. Carlos Hyde only flipped off the girl, even though they have slow motion video of it. Meyer is a tremendous coach — but the whole, Meyer is a disciplinarian is ridiculous. He does the same thing as he did at Florida. Lightly punishes the top players who get in trouble and kick off the lesser players. Hell — go look on 247sports — I just found an article stating my opinion almost verbatim.
Bradley Roby arrested for a fight at a bar. - Was charged with disorderly conduct and was suspended, fair punishment compared to what other colleges do

Tracy Sprinkle arrested for cocaine possession - Cocaine possession was dropped because evidence was insufficient (it was in a car that he was in along with several others), was drug tested and passed (which was the only way he was allowed to be back on the team), convicted of failure to comply, was suspended and lost his scholarship for a quarter and had to pay out of pocket, fair punishment that level of crime

Hyde was shown on video to not be guilty of assault and STILL was suspended for 3 games, this was an over-extension of discipline by Meyer

JT Barrett blew a .09 and was punished by the local court and was suspended for a game. Please show me another team where a precedent was set that Meyer is being lax here.

Zach Smith, you still don't know the details of.

You're 100% looking through maize glasses. By what measure is his disciplinarian record "ridiculous" compared to other coaches? When Hyde and Sprinkle were arrested, they were immediately suspended indefinitely until more information came out. Both would've been kicked off the team if they were convicted for their original charges. Meanwhile, Harbaugh lets a kid with 3 misdemeanors and 1 felony charge against him serve just a 2 game suspension without the charges even being lowered. In fact, he actually plead guilty to the felony and is STILL on the team. Stop being a hypocrite.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, along with the consistent allegations, personal protection orders and the entirety of the situation should have been enough. It was certainly enough to fire him when it became public knowledge a couple weeks ago.
The one personal protection order, which is the only legal discourse that was levied at Zach Smith, and his violation of this led to his firing.

Consistent allegations which are beginning to look less and less legit as more information comes out. But please, continue to preach morality.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you don't know of any actual DV beyond the 2009 incident?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn’t

It’s just phony moral outrage
Maybe it shouldn't be and maybe it is phony. Nonetheless, you know such is expected when you take the job so that is part of what you sign up for. It is even raised a level when you accept a high profile $7 million/year (and even less) job at a public institution. May not be right... just the way it is.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley Roby arrested for a fight at a bar. - Was charged with disorderly conduct and was suspended, fair punishment compared to what other colleges do

Tracy Sprinkle arrested for cocaine possession - Cocaine possession was dropped because evidence was insufficient (it was in a car that he was in along with several others), was drug tested and passed (which was the only way he was allowed to be back on the team), convicted of failure to comply, was suspended and lost his scholarship for a quarter and had to pay out of pocket, fair punishment that level of crime

Hyde was shown on video to not be guilty of assault and STILL was suspended for 3 games, this was an over-extension of discipline by Meyer

JT Barrett blew a .09 and was punished by the local court and was suspended for a game. Please show me another team where a precedent was set that Meyer is being lax here.

Zach Smith, you still don't know the details of.

You're 100% looking through maize glasses. By what measure is his disciplinarian record "ridiculous" compared to other coaches? When Hyde and Sprinkle were arrested, they were immediately suspended indefinitely until more information came out. Both would've been kicked off the team if they were convicted for their original charges. Meanwhile, Harbaugh lets a kid with 3 misdemeanors and 1 felony charge against him serve just a 2 game suspension without the charges even being lowered. In fact, he actually plead guilty to the felony and is STILL on the team. Stop being a hypocrite.

You are right — definitely not scarlet colored glasses, as you list every excuse for the charges. He was barely drunk (he was over the legal limit), the Coke wasn’t his (It just so happened to be under his seat IN THE PATROL CAR), Hyde ‘flipped her off’ even though I gave you slow motion video.

I’ve literally said repeatedly I don’t think Urban Meyer should be fired. If I were wearing Maize colored glasses — it’s be the last thing I’d be saying.

Meyer is a great coach, but no one is EVER going to confuse him as a disciplinarian.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on — that is simplifying this case, don’t you think?

It isn’t a one time accusation. It is many times over a decade, where Zach Smith admits it in text. All the coaches knew about it, the coaches wives knew about it, they had pictures.

The lie wasn’t — so and so will be playing Saturday and he didn’t. It was a lie about arguably the biggest hot button issue in the US right now.

And he didn’t lie in a weekly local radio interview — he lied at the B1G conference media day.

If You strip it down — yeah, it doesn’t sound that bad. But when you look at the entire picture — it looks horrendous.
It's a bad look no matter where it happens. Fess up now!